• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Chiarot wrecks shop and im tired of being the only one who says it.

Joe Veleno has 1st line center potential and I need him to be promoted

Fabbri sucks and is g-ay (in a bad way)

Copp and Compher have serious chemistry together. Rasmussen is their weird ass giraffe looking friend who gets to tag along. But Coppher should never be seperated.

Velebo went fro whipping boy to jizz boy fast.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's not a mystery, it tends to happen when you stop sucking and start scoring goals.

yah, it's crazy because he just couldnt shoot the puck in the fricking net.  That goal from the Sprong feed in Ottawa was a goal scorer's goal.  He hasnt beenable to finish like that.  If he starts to consistently, he's going to give us great depth.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

yah, it's crazy because he just couldnt shoot the puck in the fricking net.  That goal from the Sprong feed in Ottawa was a goal scorer's goal.  He hasnt beenable to finish like that.  If he starts to consistently, he's going to give us great depth.

He just needed to learn how to play a more straight forward game. In junior he was always trying to deke and dangle and that's not his game. He's a big, strong, fast dude and he needs to play like that. He's been working in that direction for a few years and now it's playing off. The Sprong play is a great example. Two years ago Veleno would have tried to handle that puck and carry around behind the net. Now he just fires it home. His game is simpler but more effective when he plays straight ahead.

41 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He just needed to learn how to play a more straight forward game. In junior he was always trying to deke and dangle and that's not his game. He's a big, strong, fast dude and he needs to play like that. He's been working in that direction for a few years and now it's playing off. The Sprong play is a great example. Two years ago Veleno would have tried to handle that puck and carry around behind the net. Now he just fires it home. His game is simpler but more effective when he plays straight ahead.

Agreed, but my point is that at some point in junior, he showed the ability to fire it home in the top shelf or thru the pads or under the glove.  He must have had hands at some point, or he wouldnt have been given exceptional status.  Both goals that game, the puck went where he wanted it to on his shot.  And we havent seen him be able to do that yet.  He has been Darren Helm part 2 when it comes to his offensive ability.  And a player with his CV should not shoot like Darren Helm.  Hopefully, he just developed a bit slower.  It's easy to forget that a lot of guys dont blossom until their mid 20s.  Would be funny if Veleno became that 2C we've all been wanting and waiting for.  Fingers crossed.

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Joey Victory keeps this up he might bring @krsmith17 out of voluntary exile. 

Let's not get carried away. Veleno wouldn't be doing this with Compher's usage. He's good BECAUSE he's in the bottom six, not in spite of it. This is one of the many things analytics nerds have gotten wrong over the years. They think because someone plays good in a lesser role that they can replicate the same results in a greater role. That's obviously false. Brendan Smith (for example) had good underlying metrics in Detroit because he was sheltered on the 3rd line. The second he was asked to play higher in the lineup his results cratered.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Let's not get carried away. Veleno wouldn't be doing this with Compher's usage. He's good BECAUSE he's in the bottom six, not in spite of it. This is one of the many things analytics nerds have gotten wrong over the years. They think because someone plays good in a lesser role that they can replicate the same results in a greater role. That's obviously false. Brendan Smith (for example) had good underlying metrics in Detroit because he was sheltered on the 3rd line. The second he was asked to play higher in the lineup his results cratered.

Sure

I was just trying to be anecdotally funny. 

32 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I find your statements lewd and ridicoolus. Joseph Veleno is to be ORDAINED. A MAN OF THE HOLY FROCK.

On 10/20/2023 at 4:36 PM, bIueadams said:

Parroting what someone who claims to work in the OHL wrote on HFboards...

>Kane to Detroit has been a slamdunk since august

>Detroit has specifically only carried 12 forwards because of this, and not called up anyone to replace Fabbri because of this (dont want to lose an important prospect to waivers when Kane signs)

>latest leak is most likely Kanes agent seeking to get those last dollars b4 the contract is signed. Leak the last team he played for (NYR) and the hometown team (BUF) to pump his value.

>contract with Detroit will be announced in November and will be for 2-3 years

Ain't no way Yzerman signs Kane for 3 years. *Maaaaybe* 2. But even then, only if he comes cheap. IMO.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm fully expecting our scoring to smash into a brick wall any game now, so I'm still very much in the "We need all the depth scoring we can get" camp.

But...a 35-year-old...coming off hip surgery?

BAH GAWD! THAT'S KEN HOLLAND'S MUSIC!

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Ain't no way Yzerman signs Kane for 3 years. *Maaaaybe* 2. But even then, only if he comes cheap. IMO.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm fully expecting our scoring to smash into a brick wall any game now, so I'm still very much in the "We need all the depth scoring we can get" camp.

But...a 35-year-old...coming off hip surgery?

BAH GAWD! THAT'S KEN HOLLAND'S MUSIC!

Patrick Kane has 1200 NHL pts

Here's a rumor that I'm starting on my own: While the entire world is thinking that General Manager SY is targeting Lindolm or Pettersson, the wily old devil will actually go back to the St. Louis well one more time and nab Robert Thomas at the deadline to round out this lineup. On the back of this trade the Red Wings will make the conference finals.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Here's a rumor that I'm starting on my own: While the entire world is thinking that General Manager SY is targeting Lindolm or Pettersson, the wily old devil will actually go back to the St. Louis well one more time and nab Robert Thomas at the deadline to round out this lineup. On the back of this trade the Red Wings will make the conference finals.

This would cost us Danielson, Wallinder, and a first.  Is that ok?

29 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This would cost us Danielson, Wallinder, and a first.  Is that ok?

No it wouldn't. It would cost about as much as LA paid for Dubios (a comparable player to Thomas). LA gave a young center, a 29 year old cap dump, a mid level prospect, and a 2nd. In Red Wings terms that's something like Veleno/Berggren/Rasmussen, Fabbri/Maatta/Gostisbehere, Sodorblom/Johansson/Hanas, and a 2nd.

Obviously the actual trade would be slightly different. For instance, if you upgrade the pick to a 1st then you probably don't have to give as much on the prospect. Or if you give a better prospect maybe you don't give a pick at all. But the value is right.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

No it wouldn't. It would cost about as much as LA paid for Dubios (a comparable player to Thomas). LA gave a young center, a 29 year old cap dump, a mid level prospect, and a 2nd. In Red Wings terms that's something like Veleno/Berggren/Rasmussen, Fabbri/Maatta/Gostisbehere, Sodorblom/Johansson/Hanas, and a 2nd.

Obviously the actual trade would be slightly different. For instance, if you upgrade the pick to a 1st then you probably don't have to give as much on the prospect. Or if you give a better prospect maybe you don't give a pick at all. But the value is right.

You're in LA LA land.  Robert Thomas isn't unhappy, and St. Louis isn't unhappy with him.  They just gave him 8.125 x 8 year deal as a 24 year old.  Why would they want to dump him for a bunch of throwaways.  They can have half of the guys you just mentioned for free if they wait 1 to 2 years.  It's going to cost us a comparable asset that's younger (Danielson) + the assets willing to take on the risk and delay for Danielson to get there (Wallinder and a 1st).  I'm not against your idea of trying to acquire Thomas.  And I'm not against giving up assets to get him.  I just think that Yzerman is not willing to do that.  He's stated that he wants to build for PERENNIAL success instead of making a run for a few years and then fizzling out.  Tough to do that when you trade multiple future assets away for one current one. 

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think he's still a good player who could help us, I just doubt Yzerman would go really hard after him.

He's not going to go hard after him.  He doesn't have to now.  It's clear that we're playing a good brand of hockey now and have a good mix of youth and experience.  Kane is trying to bump his leverage, but he has none.  If the Avalanche and Knights don't take him (which they can't and they won't), then it's going to be tough for him to find a better option than the Wings.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You're in LA LA land.  Robert Thomas isn't unhappy, and St. Louis isn't unhappy with him.  They just gave him 8.125 x 8 year deal as a 24 year old.  Why would they want to dump him for a bunch of throwaways.  They can have half of the guys you just mentioned for free if they wait 1 to 2 years.  It's going to cost us a comparable asset that's younger (Danielson) + the assets willing to take on the risk and delay for Danielson to get there (Wallinder and a 1st).  I'm not against your idea of trying to acquire Thomas.  And I'm not against giving up assets to get him.  I just think that Yzerman is not willing to do that.  He's stated that he wants to build for PERENNIAL success instead of making a run for a few years and then fizzling out.  Tough to do that when you trade multiple future assets away for one current one. 

I think I'm with Jonas on this one.

A known stud... 24 years old... Signed long-term...

So why would Armstrong even wanna move him?

Also, I feel like Yzerman generally doesn't like having young players on long deals.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He's not going to go hard after him.  He doesn't have to now.  It's clear that we're playing a good brand of hockey now and have a good mix of youth and experience.  Kane is trying to bump his leverage, but he has none.  If the Avalanche and Knights don't take him (which they can't and they won't), then it's going to be tough for him to find a better option than the Wings.

Right. I think we're in agreement. I was mainly responding to CRL's rumor about a 2- or 3-year-deal. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think I'm with Jonas on this one.

A known stud... 24 years old... Signed long-term...

So why would Armstrong even wanna move him?

Also, I feel like Yzerman generally doesn't like having young players on long deals.

Right. I think we're in agreement. I was mainly responding to CRL's rumor about a 2- or 3-year-deal. :thumbup:

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM