• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AtlantaHotWings

Mlive ranks Wings Coaches ...where does Blash rank?

Rate this topic

Another season without a playoff berth might not bode well for Blashill’s future in Detroit.

...but would do wonders for Detroit's future?

I certainly haven't had a large enough sample size of Blashill as coach to really make a clear decision on him.

There are certainly things about the way he coaches that drive me crazy, but there were things about the way Bowman and Babcock coached the team that drove me crazy too.  

14 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I mean, I think Dave Lewis takes a lot more flack than he deserves. 

Agreed. When you are taking over a hall of fame ridden team that is coming off a cup, there is really only one direction to take a team. The sweep against the Ducks was hard to take, but they dominated the entire Western Conference that year in the playoffs. Didn't the Wild only score 1 goal in the entire series! Not saying the guy was a great coach, but he was definitely made a scapegoat. 

53 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed. When you are taking over a hall of fame ridden team that is coming off a cup, there is really only one direction to take a team. The sweep against the Ducks was hard to take, but they dominated the entire Western Conference that year in the playoffs. Didn't the Wild only score 1 goal in the entire series! Not saying the guy was a great coach, but he was definitely made a scapegoat. 

I'm pretty sure they also won back to back presidents trophy too

9 hours ago, kliq said:

8 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I'm pretty sure they also won back to back presidents trophy too

True but you can't forget that when he coached Boston a few years later he wasn't very good and ended up getting fired. Then they hired Claude Julien the following year and Boston made the playoffs and did well. 

Dave Lewis is probably an above average coach. Blashill as of now is below that. 

Edited by kickazz

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

True but you can't forget that when he coached Boston a few years later he wasn't very good and ended up getting fired. Then they hired Claude Julien the following year and Boston made the playoffs and did well. 

Dave Lewis is probably an above average coach. Blashill as of now is below that. 

I'd take Lewis back in a heartbeat right now