• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Michael Rasmussen out a while

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Richdg said:

If Rasmussen can be back Feb. 15th-6 weeks, TC will have 16 games left in their regular season. His legs and endurance should be fine. TC's last regular season game is March 18th. As of March 19th the Red Wings will have 10 regular season games left to play. Per the CHL-NHL agreement, players can play up to 10 games per year and still go back to junior. So, once healthy go play at TC and finish the season. Then bring him to Detroit and get a 10 game cup of coffee. Then everyone can see if he is ready/close to being ready/not ready for the NHL next season. Junior and Minors is not the same. Lets get him some playing time and find out. Its not like he is going to hurt our PO chances.

This all depends on playoff scenarios. If he can only play 10 games with the Wings total, I would rather see him sent to GR. He can play more games there plus playoffs if they make it? Am I Right? Better option then IMO.

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This all depends on playoff scenarios. If he can only play 10 games with the Wings total, I would rather see him sent to GR. He can play more games there plus playoffs if they make it? Am I Right? Better option then IMO.

Not sure if the 10 games includes the mnors or not. I know Smith went to GR after last years Junior season. If he could play with the RW's for the last 8 to 10 and then go play the PO's with GR, maybe. But the way the Griffs are going not sure they are going to the PO's.

9 hours ago, kliq said:

He returned last night and got 3 points. Looks like the injury was not as serious as some of us feared. Nice to see!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/01/29/detroit-red-wings-top-prospects-michael-rasmussen/1074618001/

Well that was 4 nights ago (Saturday), but your point stands. ;) He also had another game since then (Sunday) and went pointless in a 3-2 win. I'm hoping he can string together more of those two and three point games. He should be dummying that league. He's not, but I'm sure the injuries have a lot to do with that. Hopefully he's fully recovered after the wrist surgery and can get on a real roll down the stretch. Tri-City should make the playoffs, and he'll have to be a big part if they want to go on any sort of run. Get s*** done Ras!

On 2018-01-31 at 6:51 AM, krsmith17 said:

Well that was 4 nights ago (Saturday), but your point stands. ;) He also had another game since then (Sunday) and went pointless in a 3-2 win. I'm hoping he can string together more of those two and three point games. He should be dummying that league. He's not, but I'm sure the injuries have a lot to do with that. Hopefully he's fully recovered after the wrist surgery and can get on a real roll down the stretch. Tri-City should make the playoffs, and he'll have to be a big part if they want to go on any sort of run. Get s*** done Ras!

Haha oops, I just assumed it was the day before I posted. My bad. Nice to see the injury is in the past though. Weren’t some on here saying his career would be over???

47 minutes ago, kliq said:

Haha oops, I just assumed it was the day before I posted. My bad. Nice to see the injury is in the past though. Weren’t some on here saying his career would be over???

Haha I don't know about "some", but there was one poster for sure...

1 hour ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Tonight (10 PM EST) and Tomorrow (9 PM EST)

Cholowski vs. Rasmussen

I've been meaning to catch one of both of their games for a while now. Going to try to watch one or both of these. Thanks!

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rasmussen in a while

Burning off a year of ELC confirmed

"But doesn’t mean he won’t go back to juniors later in season."

He's not going anywhere. They're not going to burn a year of his ELC, only to send him back to juniors later in the season. I guess he kind of has to say that though to make sure Ras doesn't get too comfortable after that 10th game.

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

"But doesn’t mean he won’t go back to juniors later in season."

He's not going anywhere. They're not going to burn a year of his ELC, only to send him back to juniors later in the season. I guess he kind of has to say that though to make sure Ras doesn't get too comfortable after that 10th game.

Yeah, wouldn't want him becoming a Tony Mantha