• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Simply put Mrazek wasn't going to be brought back.  IDK if there was some off ice stuff too, or if it was just him being pretty consistently bad for so long, but they had no intention of qualifying him, and at that point the odds of him returning were nil.  So it was trade him now or lose him for nothing later.  Regardless of how you feel, about him, Holland was ready to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Simply put Mrazek wasn't going to be brought back.  IDK if there was some off ice stuff too, or if it was just him being pretty consistently bad for so long, but they had no intention of qualifying him, and at that point the odds of him returning were nil.  So it was trade him now or lose him for nothing later.  Regardless of how you feel, about him, Holland was ready to move on.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

But you know that the goal added to the shootout winner isn't the same as a goal against. The difference between this game and those other 2 games is that they tied it up and got through OT. Should that really be thought of as a worse game than when they simply got blown out in regulation? That seemed to be your point.

Far as I’m concerned, scoreboard says 7-6 with Mrazek in net. You could make the excuses for Mrazek if you want, but Philly sure ain’t. 

And my response to Philly fans is : “welcome to the inconsistent nature of what is Petr Mrazek” 

Has two good games then allows 9 goals in 2 games. You honestly can’t defend that performance... They were winning that game at two different points and each time Mrazek collapsed and allowed 3 goals. 

It was one of the worst losses for Philly all year; a game they were winning for the most part.

They ain’t making the ECF like this.

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Far as I’m concerned, scoreboard says 7-6 with Mrazek in net. You could make the excuses for Mrazek if you want, but Philly sure ain’t. 

And my response to Philly fans is : “welcome to the inconsistent nature of what is Petr Mrazek” 

Has two good games then allows 9 goals in 2 games. You honestly can’t defend that performance... They were winning that game at two different points and each time Mrazek collapsed and allowed 3 goals. 

It was one of the worst losses for Philly all year; a game they were winning for the most part.

They ain’t making the ECF like this.

10 goals in 2 games: 4+6. I'd say Mrazek's had 5 good games before 1 meh game and then a definite bad one. Looks like he might be having another rough one right now, though the goals haven't been bad so far (and back-to-back is always a less likely win against a fresh team). 

Allowing 3 goals in a row only happened once in the game.

Not making excuses - discussing, putting context.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

10 goals in 2 games: 4+6. I'd say Mrazek's had 5 good games before 1 meh game and then a definite bad one. Looks like he might be having another rough one right now, though the goals haven't been bad so far (and back-to-back is always a less likely win against a fresh team). 

Allowing 3 goals in a row only happened once in the game.

Not making excuses - discussing, putting context.

If you aren't making an excuse for him then, can you agree that your context concludes that he's an inconsistent goalie. His inconsistency ends up making him an overall average goalie (or below average). And that's why Holland let him go for something.  

People here think Mrazek will pull a Carey Price. That "oh he's just young just wait and be patient he'll become consistence and be amazing". 

No. This is far from the usual young goalie getting used to the NHL. Guy has played 160+ NHL games and still not consistent yet. 

Wow Mrazek getting lit up. 4 goals in 23 shots. 

I'm legit getting annoyed. This guy needs to win 2 more games. I hope the Flyers don't bench him. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Perhaps, it's my way of finding out who actually reported who in the VPP ;) 

Damn, you caught that before I deleted it. Love ya kick, but you are really annoying to try to discuss with now. So many examples of trying to dumb down what I was saying or just talking past the other person - like saying to LeftWinger that Mrazek isn't one of the best goalies in the league even though no one said remotely close to that. 

And, yes, I know you think I reported you, but I absolutely did not. It's really annoying for me that I got dragged into that conflict. I don't know what to tell ya on that.

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Damn, you caught that before I deleted it. Love ya kick, but you are really annoying to try to discuss with now. So many examples of trying to dumb down what I was saying or just talking past the other person - like saying to LeftWinger that Mrazek isn't one of the best goalies in the league even though no one said remotely close to that. 

And, yes, I know you think I reported you, but I absolutely did not. It's really annoying for me that I got dragged into that conflict. I don't know what to tell ya on that.

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

Lol. If you think I'm trolling, you guys would all get destroyed by actual internet trolls and get pushed into suicidality. My way of talking is amateur compared to those guys.  

So maybe I like to argue, challenge opinions, ruffle a few feathers. Big deal. It doesn't mean I don't truly believe Mrazek is not a good goalie. Ya'll just get overly sensitive and personal about it because some of  ya'll have high hopes for players you like. 

You say it was context, I say it's an excuse. Prove me wrong then.

Everyone here loves to give Leftwinger, Richdg s***. Personally attack them in fact. And when I try to challenge some of your opinions on players, You feel "Trolled"?

Whatevs. Guess that's the PC world we live in and why this website lost so many users cause all the overly sensitive people reported the strong opinioned, abrasive posters (who end up being right anyway). 

Flyers lose 4-1. 

 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lol. If you think I'm trolling, you guys would all get destroyed by actual internet trolls and get pushed into suicidality. My way of talking is amateur compared to those guys.  

So maybe I like to argue, challenge opinions, ruffle a few feathers. Big deal. It doesn't mean I don't truly believe Mrazek is not a good goalie. Ya'll just get overly sensitive and personal about it because some of  ya'll have high hopes for players you like. 

You say it was context, I say it's an excuse. Prove me wrong then.

Everyone here loves to give Leftwinger, Richdg s***. Personally attack them in fact. And when I try to challenge some of your opinions on players, You feel "Trolled"?

Whatevs. Guess that's the PC world we live in and why this website lost so many users cause all the overly sensitive people reported the strong opinioned, abrasive posters. 

 

You learned from the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I miss the old kick, we don't need a troll for the board. Come back to us!

You know what, I thought long and hard about it. I will return. I will now stop hurting peoples feelings about players they like beings busts and let them figure it out when the time comes. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kickazz said:

Lol. If you think I'm trolling, you guys would all get destroyed by actual internet trolls and get pushed into suicidality. My way of talking is amateur compared to those guys.  

So maybe I like to argue, challenge opinions, ruffle a few feathers. Big deal. It doesn't mean I don't truly believe Mrazek is not a good goalie. Ya'll just get overly sensitive and personal about it because some of  ya'll have high hopes for players you like. 

You say it was context, I say it's an excuse. Prove me wrong then.

Everyone here loves to give Leftwinger, Richdg s***. Personally attack them in fact. And when I try to challenge some of your opinions on players, You feel "Trolled"?

Whatevs. Guess that's the PC world we live in and why this website lost so many users cause all the overly sensitive people reported the strong opinioned, abrasive posters (who end up being right anyway). 

Flyers lose 4-1. 

 

You're wrong on that. I don't think the reason for people leaving message boards with too much "trash talk" is them being overly sensitive. It's more a simple rational decision going like "ok, there are enough people in my daily (work) life, that I find annoying and have to deal with...why would I spend time on anything like that when I just don't have to?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

You're wrong on that. I don't think the reason for people leaving message boards with too much "trash talk" is them being overly sensitive. It's more a simple rational decision going like "ok, there are enough people in my daily (work) life, that I find annoying and have to deal with...why would I spend time on anything like that when I just don't have to?".

It’s cuz the Red Wings suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

You're wrong on that. I don't think the reason for people leaving message boards with too much "trash talk" is them being overly sensitive. It's more a simple rational decision going like "ok, there are enough people in my daily (work) life, that I find annoying and have to deal with...why would I spend time on anything like that when I just don't have to?".

Ok, if anybody has had to endure YEARS of trash talk and annoying situations, it's me, but damn if anyone is going to trash talk me off my forum! Well, technically not mine, but I've been here for 15 years, am a booster and will never stop loving the Wings, which is why it's ok to get trash talked. we are all such big fans, we are allowed to show our disdain for the direction of the team and even the folks that trash talk can see the team is bad right now, but it's also their right to defend their point of view. We've lost a lot a members because the team is horrible right now, it just shows how much of a fan they were. I've been a fan since 1979, endured through my teens in the 80's to really and truly appreciate the dynasty time. A lot of fans latched on when they started winning, and now they're gone. The few of us that come here everyday, even if it's for a few minutes will also be the ones that truly deserve this place when the team starts winning again. The fans that have left us the last 4-5 years will reappear, but we who have remained to enjoy this place in the lean times will know who really deserves this place and this team. User who claim getting trash talked off of here just can't handle the state this team is in. We were the Dead Things back then, we built and became what we were. We aren't quite Deaf Things now, but we will be great again. Then we'll see how many fairweather fans come back here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think you can go from "not visiting an internet message board anymore" to "not Wings fans anymore". How would we know what these people spend their time with? Might still watch the games, might still talk about the team every day - but rather with friends or co-workers than on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I dont think you can go from "not visiting an internet message board anymore" to "not Wings fans anymore". How would we know what these people spend their time with? Might still watch the games, might still talk about the team every day - but rather with friends or co-workers than on this board.

Well usually people who are hardcore fans end up becoming posters on forums. When you stop becoming hardcore about it you generally don't have interest in talking about it to people outside of maybe real life or the occasional games. 

I think previous posters are still fans, just not as into it anymore. I mean; look at the stadium. An arena that was once packed is now 70% full this season at best. 

People still like the Red Wings, a lot of them just aren't as into it anymore. Detroit Pistons have this issue as well. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.