• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, kickazz said:

FFS EVERYONE PASTE THEIR EMAIL HERE IN CASE THE SITE SHUTS DOWN AND WE ALL NEED TO MIGRATE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

kickazz786@yahoo.com

LOUD NOISES

marcaractac@gmail.com

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

WE'RE BACK! A DINOSAUR'S STORY!

(applies to both the boards being back and the latest DRW UFA rumors)

#novanek

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Vanek is a waste of a roster spot when considering his low trade deadline value. 

Your face is a waste of a roster spot when considering its low trade deadline value.

(I've missed you guys. Please don't let the boards die like that again kthx.)

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So Green for sure, Bernier(sp) more than likely and Vanek likely. 

Not sure what to think 

Rumoured Bernier deal to be signed July 1. 3 seasons at $3 million per. Whyyyyyy?

They wanted Hutton, but he’s rumoured to be set on signing in Buffalo. Wings met with Lehner, no go.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Rumoured Bernier deal to be signed July 1. 3 seasons at $3 million per. Whyyyyyy?

They wanted Hutton, but he’s rumoured to be set on signing in Buffalo. Wings met with Lehner, no go.

I agree, $3M is too much. He didn't even make that much last season. I could be wrong, but not quite sure he earned a raise. I'd rather see $2M.

Holland is flirting with cap hell. If he gives Bernie $3, that'll leave us roughly $16M (w/Franzen LTIR) to sign Larkin, Mantha, AA (not traded yet) along with ELC's for Zadina and Valeno. Can't forget Ras either. It's gonna end up very tight. Once again we could be highest paid team in NHL AND nowhere near a contender.

Let us not forget the Vanek and Filppula rumors as well.

Few things:

1)glad to have the site working again.

2) rasmussen to Zadina for the OT winner=The Future.

3) here is my dream (and not so far fetched lineup for next year). 

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Rasmussen-Larkin-Mantha
Vanek-Nielsen-Zadina
Abby-Helm-Glendening
Frk/Witkowski

Mike Green
Kronwall
Hronek
Daley
Dekeyser 
Faulk
Hicketts/Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Trade: AA, Svech and a 2019 2nd for Faulk.

buyout: Errorson.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I agree, $3M is too much. He didn't even make that much last season. I could be wrong, but not quite sure he earned a raise. I'd rather see $2M.

Yeah, at least one million too much, and one year too long. Bernier isn’t horrible, but he’s not great. He’s a UFA after bouncing around from 4-5 teams.

I asked my friend who is a Leafs fan about him. He said while the team sucked as a whole with him as their starter, he didn’t offer much help.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Holland is flirting with cap hell. If he gives Bernie $3, that'll leave us roughly $16M (w/Franzen LTIR) to sign Larkin, Mantha, AA (not traded yet) along with ELC's for Zadina and Valeno. Can't forget Ras either. It's gonna end up very tight. Once again we could be highest paid team in NHL AND nowhere near a contender.

Flip and Vanek are trademark Holland moves. Bringing back ex-Wings. 

Id rather not trade AA, the team needs him. there’s a few useless forwards who can go, but then again, they’re probably untradeable due to contracts.

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Jedi mind tricks on Hollands part. Throw out Filppula rumors and everyone is relieved when you sign Vanek.

17 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Few things:

Rasmussen-Larkin-Mantha
Vanek-Nielsen-Zadina
Abby-Helm-Glendening
Frk/Witkowski

Mike Green
Kronwall
Hronek
Daley
Dekeyser 
Faulk
Hicketts/Jensen

Howard
Bernier

I was thinking the exact same trade package for Faulk. I just don't think Carolina will do it without a 1st and being that it could be a lottery pick, too steep of a price to pay.

2 hours ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Few things:

Rasmussen-Larkin-Mantha
Vanek-Nielsen-Zadina
Abby-Helm-Glendening
Frk/Witkowski

Mike Green
Kronwall
Hronek
Daley
Dekeyser 
Faulk
Hicketts/Jensen

Howard
Bernier

Isn't Rasmussen really good on faceoffs? (when his hand wasn't injured) I think you want him on center over Nielsen and put Nielsen on the Wing. 

Ras was like 55% in the NHL preseason games he played. Much better than Larkin did. 

Also Zadina should be on the first line over Bertuzzi, who should drop down to 3rd line. Zadina basically is a scoring version of Bertuzzi. I:E he goes to the corners and creates space for his centers and then sets himself up for a scoring position.

Edited by kickazz

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, I'm not too excited about the Filppula rumors. I thought that is what Nielsen was for, a middle 6 center. I don't understand the logic in being afraid Z doesn't play out his contract. We have plenty of centers to step into the middle 6 role.

I'm excited simply because it'll make my Fil jersey relevant, wooooooooooooooooooo.

But yeah, I don't really see him as a necessary signing, Zetterberg or no Zetterberg.