Ehn

DK - Hronek
Big E - Daley
Cholowksi - Bowey
Witkowski

Howie
Bernier

We could in theory still add a player at the draft and others at FA

Assuming DLR is De la rose and he gets clearance with the heart issue...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Hirose - Athanasiou - Rasmussen

Svechnikov - Nielsen - Zadina

Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Turgeon / Ehn

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Hronek

Cholowski - Bowey

Hicketts

Howard

Bernier

Kronwall retires.

Daley bought out.

Edited by krsmith17

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Turgeon / Ehn

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Hronek

Cholowski - Bowey

Hicketts

Howard

Bernier

Kronwall retires.

Daley bought out.

How did I forget Green oops

59 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Turgeon / Ehn

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Hronek

Cholowski - Bowey

Hicketts

Howard

Bernier

Kronwall retires.

Daley bought out.

I think Kronwell goes 1 more year. Even Mickey was saying last night how well he was playing and could see an extension. If it was a year to year like Jimmy probably okay with it. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I think Kronwell goes 1 more year. Even Mickey was saying last night how well he was playing and could see an extension. If it was a year to year like Jimmy probably okay with it. 

I agree that he likely gets an extension. I'm against it though. Especially considering I doubt Daley (or anyone) gets bought out either. So we go into next season with the exact same old, slow defense as this year. Not good. Cholowski and Hronek need full time spots in the lineup to start next season. I've liked what I've seen from Bowey as well. So who sits when Green, Daley, Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser are all healthy? You need two of those guys to be injured to get all three of the young guys in on a nightly basis. Again, not good...

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that he likely gets an extension. I'm against it though. Especially considering I doubt Daley (or anyone) gets bought out either. So we go into next season with the exact same old, slow defense as this year. Not good. Cholowski and Hronek need full time spots in the lineup to start next season. I've liked what I've seen from Bowey as well. So who sits when Green, Daley, Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser are all healthy? You need two of those guys to be injured to get all three of the young guys in on a nightly basis. Again, not good...

While I agree on Cholowski and Hronek, nothing about Bowey or Hicketts impresses me enough to say they deserve spots over Daley and Kronwall. Assuming both are back, you'd have Green, Cholowski, Hronek, Daley, Dekeyser, E, and Kronwall. Not ideal, but doable.

What I want:

Bert-Larks-Mantha

AA-Cozens-Zadina

Ras-Veleno-Hirose

Glendening-Ehn-De la Rose

Svechnikov-Kuffner

Green-Dekeyser

Hronek-Cholowski

Bowey-Sulak

Holmstrom

Howard

Bernie

What we'll get:

Bert-Larks-Mantha

Abdelkader-AA-Glendening

Helm-Nielsen-Simmonds

De La Rose-Ehn-Hirose

Kuffner/Turgeon

Green-DeKeyser

Hronek-Kronwall

Ericsson-Bowey

Daley

Howard

Bernier

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

While I agree on Cholowski and Hronek, nothing about Bowey or Hicketts impresses me enough to say they deserve spots over Daley and Kronwall. Assuming both are back, you'd have Green, Cholowski, Hronek, Daley, Dekeyser, E, and Kronwall. Not ideal, but doable.

The problem with that is, one of those defensemen would have to sit every night, unless there's an injury, or we run 11 and 7 every night. So who sits when everyone is healthy? If it's one of the vets, great. One of the kids, no thanks.

I also disagree with Daley and Kronwall over Bowey. I'd much rather have the 24 year old, that can still learn and develop than the 38 / 36 year olds that should be retired / bought out. Hicketts is just a filler as the 7th defenseman. Sure, if you want to have one of Kronwall or Daley as the 7th defenseman, by all means...

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Holmstrom

Holmstrom? You mean Lindstrom?

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha 

hirose AA zadina 

svechnikov nielsen helm 

abdelkader glendening ehn 

delarose 

green dekeyser 

hronek kronwall

bowey ericsson/Daley 

i can see ken Holland getting stupid again though cause he has cap space and sign a Jake Gardner and us regretting a few yrs later rather than holding on the money for trouba 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha 

hirose AA zadina 

svechnikov nielsen helm 

abdelkader glendening ehn 

delarose 

green dekeyser 

hronek kronwall

bowey ericsson/Daley 

i can see ken Holland getting stupid again though cause he has cap space and sign a Jake Gardner and us regretting a few yrs later rather than holding on the money for trouba 

Rasmussen and Cholowski in Grand Rapids?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holland sign a UFA forward (I don't think he should), but no way he signs a UFA defenseman.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

hkn-senators-sharks-karlsson-20180913.jp

Karlsson won't be signing in Detroit. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't want us to sign him either. He's going to cost way too much, for far too long. $11M+ until he's 35+ for a defenseman that has had injury issues the past couple years... No thanks...

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Karlsson won't be signing in Detroit. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't want us to sign him either. He's going to cost way too much, for far too long. $11M+ until he's 35+ for a defenseman that has had injury issues the past couple years... No thanks...

Agreed.

I'd make an offer to him if he wasn't injury prone...But...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Rasmussen and Cholowski in Grand Rapids?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holland sign a UFA forward (I don't think he should), but no way he signs a UFA defenseman.

Why wouldn’t Rasmussen start in Grand Rapids? He’s been playing 5-6 minutes a night all season ... the we’re gonna send him down so he can play a ton of minutes and get better everywhere excuse is happening, as for cholowski I don’t think he’ll stay all season but I can totally see him starting there especially with kronwall likely coming back I don’t see us trading his buddy ericsson  ... Daley I’ll believe it when I see it 

a forward is the last thing we need but u can totally see signing a Gardner type since green is gone in a year , ken Holland has cap space and trust me he can’t contain himself he’s gonna find us another player to f*** us up with 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

hkn-senators-sharks-karlsson-20180913.jp

I’d take him in a second but I don’t think he’s gonna come here at this stage in his career 

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Why wouldn’t Rasmussen start in Grand Rapids? He’s been playing 5-6 minutes a night all season ... the we’re gonna send him down so he can play a ton of minutes and get better everywhere excuse is happening, as for cholowski I don’t think he’ll stay all season but I can totally see him starting there especially with kronwall likely coming back I don’t see us trading his buddy ericsson  ... Daley I’ll believe it when I see it 

I'd be fine with Rasmussen playing big minutes down in GR. Veleno likely starts down there. Put them on a line to see if they can gain some chemistry. I wouldn't be surprised if Cholowski starts down there either, but think he should be up full time. Get rid of Daley and Ericsson (or Kronwall).

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

a forward is the last thing we need but u can totally see signing a Gardner type since green is gone in a year , ken Holland has cap space and trust me he can’t contain himself he’s gonna find us another player to f*** us up with 

We already have a major logjam on the back end. With Green, Daley, Ericsson (and maybe Kronwall) all having expiring contracts after next season, that would be the time to shop free agency. Not this offseason. Faulk, Schultz, Krug, Trouba could all be possible targets in 2020.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be fine with Rasmussen playing big minutes down in GR. Veleno likely starts down there. Put them on a line to see if they can gain some chemistry. I wouldn't be surprised if Cholowski starts down there either, but think he should be up full time. Get rid of Daley and Ericsson (or Kronwall).

We already have a major logjam on the back end. With Green, Daley, Ericsson (and maybe Kronwall) all having expiring contracts after next season, that would be the time to shop free agency. Not this offseason. Faulk, Schultz, Krug, Trouba could all be possible targets in 2020.

Hey you don’t have to tell me twice , I heard that moron Pierre McGuire on the radio before saying how much better the wings are gonna be next year than people think and he said ken Holland has a ton of cap space so he’s gonna make some moves and aquisitions ... and that scares the s*** out of me , he shouldn’t be allowed to sign anyone anymore or make a move unless he’s getting rid of people 

I would let it play out with what e have and go for trouba next year , not too thrilled on the rest ... maybe sign someone to a ONE year deal and that’s it but only and only if it’s someone we think who can produce with the intention of dealing at the deadline for more assets not oh he’s doing so good we’re gonna lock him up for 4 years which Holland would do , so being safe and dumping bodies should be the only thing he does 

Probably safe to assume we're all going to be disappointed with the opening night roster (assuming we don't get Hughes or Kakko).

Cholowski, Rasmussen, and Zadina will probably start on the farm and that will probably be the right call.

Barring an absolutely sensational training camp, Veleno probably starts on the farm and stays there for most of the season.

Maybe McIsaac has as good a camp as the one Cholowski had last year. I'm not expecting it.

Our first overall pick in the upcoming draft won't make the team out of camp (unless his name is Hughes or Kakko).

Based on what he's shown (in an admittedly small sample), Hirose is a full-time Red Wing.

I dunno what happens with Ehn, de la Rose, Kuffner, Svechnikov, Witkowski.

Vanek is done.

I'd be in favor of a Daley buyout, but I'm not expecting it. I think all the older veterans not named Vanek will be back, including Kronwall.

I doubt we go HAM after any of the big-name UFAs. And that's fine by me.

In all sober honesty, I'm feeling like we might offer-sheet (or simply trade for) a stud RFA. Holland and Devellano and Daniels and Redmond have all openly teased/discussed the possibility. That's significant.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Probably safe to assume we're all going to be disappointed with the opening night roster (assuming we don't get Hughes or Kakko).

Cholowski, Rasmussen, and Zadina will probably start on the farm and that will probably be the right call.

Barring an absolutely sensational training camp, Veleno probably starts on the farm and stays there for most of the season.

Maybe McIsaac has as good a camp as the one Cholowski had last year. I'm not expecting it.

Our first overall pick in the upcoming draft won't make the team out of camp (unless his name is Hughes or Kakko).

Based on what he's shown (in an admittedly small sample), Hirose is a full-time Red Wing.

Vanek is done.

I'd be in favor of a Daley buyout, but I'm not expecting it. I think all the older veterans not named Vanek will be back, including Kronwall.

In all sober honesty, I'm feeling like we might offer-sheet (or simply trade for) a stud RFA. Holland and Devellano and Daniels and Redmond have all openly teased/discussed the possibility. That's significant.

The wings have always been good at controlling the narrative around the team. If they are teasing offer sheet, I'm inclined to believe it may be a real option they might exercise. Despite how rare they are.

41 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Vanek is done.

Svechnikov will be a redwing , he’d have to go through waivers and would get claimed  for sure , ehn will be a depth player and stick ... witkowski can go learn to fly a kite 

zadina has a shot depending how he performs in the playoffs and preseason , hirose sticks and everyone else is gone or in Grand Rapids 

hopefully we target young d’s this off season

ill admit to knowing nothing about this guy ...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/255979/charles-edouard-d-astous

but he got named to Quebec juniors first team all star’s along with veleno(mcisaac 2nd team) But I do believe since he turns 21 this month he’s free to sign with who he wants and we should target him , nothing to lose and we need all the d help we can get 

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Vanek is done.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this, and I'm okay with it. We need one more season of pain before we turn the corner. At this point, I'd just assume all of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, Cholowski, McIsaac play the 2019-20 season in Grand Rapids. Rip it up down there and be ready to become full time Red Wings in 2020-21. We'll likely be a similar (bottom 5) team next season. Hopefully we get lucky in at least one of the next two drafts...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this, and I'm okay with it. We need one more season of pain before we turn the corner. At this point, I'd just assume all of Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, Cholowski, McIsaac play the 2019-20 season in Grand Rapids. Rip it up down there and be ready to become full time Red Wings in 2020-21. We'll likely be a similar (bottom 5) team next season. Hopefully we get lucky in BOTH of the next two drafts...

fixed it as I want luck in both years!!! lol

The contract they just gave Blashill and the comments they made at the presser certainly suggest that the Wings are not looking to be a basement team for the next two years.  My guess is this year is the lowest they'd like to fall in the standings.  Seems like management will be looking for considerable improvement next year and looking to push for the playoffs the year after that.  Which makes me think that unless Hughes or Kakko fall into their laps, they'll take Byram with their first pick and hope that the forward group we have, plus one or two UFAs, can be dangerous going forward.