• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Which Goalie Will Have The Better Season?

Rate this topic

Goalie Poll  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I choose Coreau.

IDK, but I am guessing that one has a username that rhymes with chaps

Nope. After he started stinking it up in Philly when he was playing great before and a bit after the trade, that was the end for me. I knew he’d get a contract somewhere for this season, but I figure it’s his last chance in the NHL. 

I’ll take Bernier. Just because he’s signed for three years and i’d like to see the Wings get their moneys worth out of him. This is his fifth NHL team, so he hasn’t actually been a shining example of consistency, but he has talent. I hope Howard and Bernier split games pretty evenly this season. Solid 1a/1b tandems like Hasek/Osgood are always better than a definite starter/backup deal. 

As for Coreau, good riddance. I’m surprised he even got a contract anywhere, but the stipulations of it are all you really need to see to show that no team really has any expectations of him becoming a regular NHL goalie. He got a two way deal and a drop in last season’s salary to 550k in the NHL and 450k in the AHL, which is where Anaheim should keep him.

31 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Nope. After he started stinking it up in Philly when he was playing great before and a bit after the trade, that was the end for me. I knew he’d get a contract somewhere for this season, but I figure it’s his last chance in the NHL. 

I’ll take Bernier. Just because he’s signed for three years and i’d like to see the Wings get their moneys worth out of him. This is his fifth NHL team, so he hasn’t actually been a shining example of consistency, but he has talent. I hope Howard and Bernier split games pretty evenly this season. Solid 1a/1b tandems like Hasek/Osgood are always better than a definite starter/backup deal. 

Wow what a change of tone. Remember how much s*** you gave people while supporting  Mrazek? And we kept trying to tell you that he sucks but you just wouldn’t believe us.

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

WHO THE f*** VOTED FOR MRAZEK? DEFEND YOURSELF

I was one of the votes. CAR should be better than DET. I think Mrazek has as much as chance to take over in CAR as Bernier does in DET. Darling could get injured just as easily as Howard. I guess the counter could be Mrazek didn't do anything in PHI and PHI was a much better team than DET. I don't think Mrazek is better than Howard, but I think he'll play about the same amount of games and have a better team in front of him. CAR D will also be much better than DET or PHI in my opinion. At least in CAR he'll get a real fresh start.

Maybe I am in the deep end on this, meh.

Edited by xault

3 hours ago, xault said:

I was one of the votes. CAR should be better than DET. I think Mrazek has as much as chance to take over in CAR as Bernier does in DET. Darling could get injured just as easily as Howard. I guess the counter could be Mrazek didn't do anything in PHI and PHI was a much better team than DET. I don't think Mrazek is better than Howard, but I think he'll play about the same amount of games and have a better team in front of him. CAR D will also be much better than DET or PHI in my opinion. At least in CAR he'll get a real fresh start.

Canes fans seem pretty hopeful about Darling still despite how incredibly awful he was for them last season. I don't share their enthusiasm. I chalk it up to the same "Mrazek Syndrome" we experienced here in Detroit/LGW. They can't bare to admit he's mediocre to below-average.

For that reason, I think you're right, Mrazek will probably get more chances with the Canes than anyone suspects.

I think those chances will go about as well as they did here regardless of the defensive unit. I maintain that Mrazek will find himself in Europe sooner rather than later. The Canes will not be his savior.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Wow what a change of tone. Remember how much s*** you gave people while supporting  Mrazek? And we kept trying to tell you that he sucks but you just wouldn’t believe us.

He lost the flame war and he's knows it. No need to kick a downed man.

7 hours ago, xault said:

What kind of Car? Like MrAZarati? 

Edited by kickazz

On 7/12/2018 at 11:45 PM, kickazz said:

The thing is, Mrazek in top form is still better than Howard in top form. And he showed that before he was traded. He's still a hell of a goalie when he actually gives a s***. That's his downfall, and this will no doubt be his last season unless he's ready to work. If he does work hard, he may surprise a lot of people. He's his own worst enemy. His skill set doesnt suck. His work ethic sucks. There is a difference.

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

The thing is, Mrazek in top form is still better than Howard in top form. And he showed that before he was traded. He's still a hell of a goalie when he actually gives a s***. That's his downfall, and this will no doubt be his last season unless he's ready to work. If he does work hard, he may surprise a lot of people. He's his own worst enemy. His skill set doesnt suck. His work ethic sucks. There is a difference.

You're totally right, kinda reminds me of AA

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah. I do like AA with his speed and hands, but he's gotta step up more. He's got a 2 year show me deal for more money now, maybe we see some jump. 

Just now, chaps80 said:

Yeah. I do like AA with his speed and hands, but he's gotta step up more. He's got a 2 year show me deal for more money now, maybe we see some jump. 

I agree with you on that one. Kid needs to step up his game if he wants to be something. I'm hopeful.

5 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Agree with you for once. Although I am not so sure its his work ethic as much as it is his attitude, and lack of adjustment, and of course, consistency.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Do you hear that? It sounds like thunder.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agree with you for once. Although I am not so sure its his work ethic as much as it is his attitude, and lack of adjustment, and of course, consistency.

Do you hear that? It sounds like thunder.

Yeah, his attitude did stink. I always thought it was because he held a grudge that Howard was never moved to make way for him, but he had some fits in Philly too. As for adjustments, he knows what works for him, and when he sticks with that, he's fine. There's no real flaws in his playing style when he puts in a complete effort. Seems like he can be razor sharp and focused and ready to dominate one night, then the next game he doesn't give a s***. That's where consistancy issues bite him in the ass. Be interesting to see if he can put in a solid season and stick around, or slack off and get sent back to the CR for good.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:15 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So I assume that's enough time for everyone who wants to to vote.

I'm honestly surprised by the result. Bernier? Really?

Howie gone give it to ya

Some of that may be wishful thinking. Bernier is signed for three years and Howard may be done in Detroit after this season. People are just hoping, like myself, that he can take over so we don't have to re-sign Howard or another goalie for $3-5 million next July.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:15 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So I assume that's enough time for everyone who wants to to vote.

I'm honestly surprised by the result. Bernier? Really?

Howie gone give it to ya

11 - 10 in favour of Howie, so far my vote is the tie-breaker