• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

11/26 Columbo's Few Jackets GDT - Blue Jackets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

It was an entertaining game though, I enjoyed watching it. Wanted a better result but good to see some offense go up on the board. I think it's the first game of the season that I can say Jimmy put us in a bad, early hole. 3 posts on him also, could have easily been more goals against. Wings got pulled out of it early and had to battle back up hill, and it was a valiant effort. 

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Problem.is you have 2 of the most average or worse goalies in the league and your paying them almost $9M. Hopefully Howard is gone after the season. Bernier was a waste of too much cap. Stupid...

Ok well who would you suggest mind our net?

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

It was an entertaining game though, I enjoyed watching it. Wanted a better result but good to see some offense go up on the board. I think it's the first game of the season that I can say Jimmy put us in a bad, early hole. 3 posts on him also, could have easily been more goals against. Wings got pulled out of it early and had to battle back up hill, and it was a valiant effort. 

I'm proud of this team and they are doing better than I thought they'd ever do.  The future looks bright! :yahoo:

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Problem.is you have 2 of the most average or worse goalies in the league and your paying them almost $9M. Hopefully Howard is gone after the season. Bernier was a waste of too much cap. Stupid...

Howard has been solid overall this year, but I agree Bernier has been awful. May as well have qualified Mrazek at $4 million for one season then if he played decent, give him $2 million per for another. Now they wanna resign Howard while still having Bernier for another two seasons. I see Howard getting close to the same salary, so nothings changing.

Was a good loss...A bit sloppy at times (and goaltending wasn't at their best), but the boys came back, never gave up, and may very well had tied it up if it weren't for that offensive zone faceoff loss.

We're playing well still, and not climbing in the standings which is good for 1 more top 10 pick in 2019.

Doesn't Jimmy remember that we're supposed to let the other team go up by 2 goals (not 3) and then come back and win.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Howard's salary is just fine for what he brings. 2 average goalies on the roster at this point is fine, non contending teams don't need elite goaltenders.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Larkin is a good skater

Hot take!

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Doesn't Jimmy remember that we're supposed to let the other team go up by 2 goals (not 3) and then come back and win.

Howard's salary is just fine for what he brings. 2 average goalies on the roster at this point is fine, non contending teams don't need elite goaltenders.

Hot take!

Howard's salary is fine. He's earning it for the most part. Bernier's, not so much. I hoped he would do well, but so far he hasn't. Not sure what the exact plan with him was when he was signed for three years for about a million too much. Was he supposed to take over for Howard? Doesn't seem like that's the plan anymore with extension talks. Split time? Nope, he's played half the amount of games Howard has. Expensive backup.