• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

8 PM EST I think. I'm not gonna watch, I'm already salty. I'll wait for the disappointing news here or something. 

I'll be napping (gotta head back to work tonight).

I can tolerate dropping back a spot, or two - but dear Hockey Jesus don't let Buffalo/Edmonton/Chicago/NJ drop into the top 3.

48 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Agreed.

49.4% we stay in the top 3.

50.6% we drop to 4th.

:annoyed:

basically heads or tails....which is stupid as hell. 

IMHO

The bottom 6 should have the chance to get the top 6 picks shuffling down 2?spots max. Then in order as far as points for the next level. A playoff bubble team shouldn't be able to jump to top 6.  System is grossly flawed 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

12 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

basically heads or tails....which is stupid as hell. 

IMHO

The bottom 6 should have the chance to get the top 6 picks shuffling down 2?spots max. Then in order as far as points for the next level. A playoff bubble team shouldn't be able to jump to top 6.  System is grossly flawed 

And this draft year a 'playoff bubble' team could wind up dropping into the top 3 as well.

my anxiety is a hot mess... I just know, dammit, that we aren't gonna get the #1. even though we'll get a quality player between 2 and 4, but we deserve that #1. The likes of any team 5 or below does not! If Pitt or Chicago et al... get it, then I just may have to stop watching.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

my anxiety is a hot mess... I just know, dammit, that we aren't gonna get the #1. even though we'll get a quality player between 2 and 4, but we deserve that #1. The likes of any team 5 or below does not! If Pitt or Chicago et al... get it, then I just may have to stop watching.

I tell myself that no matter where we end up later tonight - there's a good chance Grand Master Y swings a few trades since the cap isn't going up, and a handful of teams are gonna have to move some players to be cap compliant for next season.

That said I still want that #1.

5 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Today is the day.   Im excited, nervous and at this point basically patientless.  It's time                                                  

HYPE

I at first read that as "pantieless". And I thought....if it brings us number one....do it!

Let's all do it. Let's all go no undies for this thing.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Rick D said:

I have clicked on tankathon a million times today, things aren't looking too good.

You know, if the Red Wings win the simulation 2 out if 3 it doesnt magically raise the odds to 66%. Same goes the other way.

That being said; I have done the same thing myself...

Edited by Akakabuto

I just want top 2, i'm trying to temper expectations knowing Ottawa has double the chance, and our chance at 1 is 18.5% which is a bit better than a 1 in 6 chance. That's still not favorable but it's definitely possible. 

This team needs a difference maker.