• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Cholowski Sucks

Rate this topic

Cholowski´s decision making is awful and he often looks really lost on D, his positioning is poor. Comparable to Bowey in the way that they both have adorable skills and "upside", but with their lapses and defensive flaws. Cholowski doesn´t need to be protected because I don´t think Seattle would be interested in a defensive liability anyway...

13 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

"Brendan Smith is legit puck mover"
>reality is the exact opposite

"Cholowski has loads of poise"
>reality is the exact opposite

Deja vu. Don't say we didn't warn you that you wouldn't live Smith down when you were making all those wild assertions...

Brendan Smith was a puck moving, offensive defenseman in lower leagues. That's a fact. It never translated to the NHL. It happens. I definitely held onto the tag for too long. He clearly wasn't much of an offensive defenseman at the NHL level.

Dennis Cholowski has always had a ton of poise with the puck in lower leagues. That's a fact. He's shown flashes of it at the NHL level, but has been caught holding onto the puck for too long. We'll see if he can adapt.

I have no issue if you call players out, but call them out for things they're actually bad at. Again, panicking with the puck is not a thing with Cholowski.

3 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

But I go and check Cholo's age and he's only a fresh 23... you hate to gift a 23 year old 1st round Dman to Seattle. Maybe he actually hits puberty in the next 3 years and becomes a viable defenseman...

This is my thought as well. He is just too young to know for sure how he will turn out. Lindstrom, on the other hand, is a Biega, Bowey level dman. Easy enough to replace, but still potentially better than Cholowski. Stecher is better than both.

I would protect Hronek, Cholowski, Stecher

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Nah, it is. If he had poise in lower leagues, it hasn't translated at all yet.

Agree to disagree...

5 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Well Lindstrom is younger than Cholo. I'd make the same argument for his potential just based on that. And part of me has more faith that Lindstrom will develop into a servicable NHL Dman than Cholo will.

And the thing is Stecher is very replaceable too. It probably doesn't matter much at the end of the day who we protect. But just based on potential I think I have to side with protecting Cholo or Lindstrom.

If Cholowski hits his ceiling, we have a middle pair offensive defenseman, that can QB one of the power-plays. If Lindstrom hits his ceiling, we have a bottom pair defensive defenseman, that can kill penalties. I agree that Lindstrom is more likely to hit his ceiling, but I'll always swing on the higher upside.

I think if Lindstrom is exposed, Seattle takes Namestnikov. If Stecher is exposed, they take Stecher. I think Stecher will have more trade value at next year's deadline. I'd protect Stecher and lose Namestnikov, who can easily be replaced by Veleno...

3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The sports books say it's gonna be Svech

I'd like to see Svech get one more look this season, but wouldn't be the biggest loss. I like Namestnikov, but he's who I'm hoping Seattle take (out of the realistic options)... 

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Nah, it is. If he had poise in lower leagues, it hasn't translated at all yet.

Well Lindstrom is younger than Cholo. I'd make the same argument for his potential just based on that. And part of me has more faith that Lindstrom will develop into a servicable NHL Dman than Cholo will.

And the thing is Stecher is very replaceable too. It probably doesn't matter much at the end of the day who we protect. But just based on potential I think I have to side with protecting Cholo or Lindstrom.

I think Cholowski has a higher ceiling, but a lower floor than Lindstrom. His ceiling is #4 dman, his floor is euro minor leaguer. Lindstroms ceiling is 3rd pair NHL regular, his floor is regular call up.

Guess it depends on if you want to go with safer bet, or greater potential.

Cholowski summary:

>drafted by Seattle
>healthy scratch, literally never plays, waived
>claimed by the caps, perma healthy scratch again, finally plays 7 games, waived
>claimed by Seattle, sent to the AHL

I can't believe we actually had serious discussions about him not sucking

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Cholowski summary:

>drafted by Seattle
>healthy scratch, literally never plays, waived
>claimed by the caps, perma healthy scratch again, finally plays 7 games, waived
>claimed by Seattle, sent to the AHL

I can't believe we actually had serious discussions about him not sucking

Durrrr…He doesn’t suck, he’s young…durrr

Some things never change around here.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Durrrr…He doesn’t suck, he’s young…durrr

Some things never change around here.

No opinions allowed until a player is 27

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Cause our left handed D is so stacked this year...

Apparently Seattle preferred 5 pts and -12 in 46 games Jeremy Lauzon. And Caps preferred 34 year old career 7th D Matt Irwin.

Cholo is finally where he should be have been the entirety of the last 4 years: The AHL. 

Edited by bIueadams

On 7/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This is my thought as well. He is just too young to know for sure how he will turn out. Lindstrom, on the other hand, is a Biega, Bowey level dman. Easy enough to replace, but still potentially better than Cholowski. Stecher is better than both.

I would protect Hronek, Cholowski, Stecher

What was I thinking?

15 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

No opinions allowed until a player is 27

Apparently Seattle preferred 5 pts and -12 in 46 games Jeremy Lauzon. And Caps preferred 34 year old career 7th D Matt Irwin.

Cholo is finally where he should be have been the entirety of the last 4 years: The AHL. 

Not disagreeing with you that Cholowski is not great.

I am disagreeing with you that Dekeyser is better.

20 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why do people think Jack is a good actor? He plays the same character over and over. Just with varying degrees of cynicism.

Good actor? Yes.
Known for cynicism? Yes.
Plays the same character over and over? No.

Gotta agree with Neo here. Jack's characters in "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest", "Five Easy Pieces", "Easy Rider", and "Witches of Eastwick", "As Good as it Gets" and "Departed" are all exactly the same character despite being in vastly different types of films. It's just him sneering and rolling his eyes for two hours. "This time he's a sneering, smartassy, gangster". "This time he's a sneering, smartassy, writer". He mostly blows. 

But I do love his Joker. It's the only time he was cast correctly. No disrespect to other good Joker portrayals, but at least Jack joked around and laughed a bit in his.