• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

2020 Playoffs

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I'm with Philly this go round. Who is everyone else cheering for?

Philly and Edmonton. I've always liked Phily as they were my best friends fav team growing up.

As for Edmonton, I have Draisaitl on my fantasy team, so I've been paying more attention to them. Plus, it doesnt hurt that there are quite a few former Wings on the team.

Edited by kliq

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I'm with Philly this go round. Who is everyone else cheering for?

Edmonton.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

I've always liked Phily as they were my best friends fav team growing up.

That's odd... I hate Toronto, because they were my best friends fav team growing up... :lol:

18 hours ago, kliq said:

Philly and Edmonton. I've always liked Phily as they were my best friends fav team growing up.

As for Edmonton, I have Draisaitl on my fantasy team, so I've been paying more attention to them. Plus, it doesnt hurt that there are quite a few former Wings on the team.

Philly has always been my #2 team. I've bashed them a lot over the years for their goaltending woes though..how can't you? They haven't had a franchise goalie since Hextall, it's ridiculous. They've gone through way too many goalies to keep track of, whether acquired through trades, waivers, UFAs, or any of their prospects..nothing worked. Was it last season they used 7 different goalies, or the year before? Their worst move was instead of being more patient with Bobrovsky, they decided to go out and sign Bryzgalov to a ridiculous contract and then trade Bob to Columbus a year later. Eventually bought out Bryz. But I guess at the time Bryz was playing well and Bob was his backup so they made the move.

Hart is doing well though. They didn't force him into the NHL too early and allowed him to develop, learned from past mistakes finally. Hopefully they finally solved their starting goalie problem long term.

*edit- 32 goalies have played at least one game for Philly since Detroit defeated them for the Cup in 1996-97. Thirty. Two.

Edited by chaps80

On 3/4/2020 at 8:00 AM, F.Michael said:

I'm just hoping Edmonton, and Calgary meet up in the playoffs.

Image result for are you not entertained gif

this. I just want to see as many rivalry matchups as possible.

Edmonton/Calgary
Philly/Pittsburgh 
Boston/Toronto 

Would also like to see a rematch of Columbus/Tampa. I like Tampa, but it'd be hilarious if they got swept by Columbus again :D