• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Hall BUF done deal. 1x8 

Just came here to say that. So weird. Maybe so that he can sign for the extra year next year if all goes well? Either way... An Eichel and Hall combo has quite the potential 

Man theres some players who arent bad left available who’ll come in dirt cheap ... if there was any way of fittng in duclair x1 it would be nice cause i think hed be capable of getting 25-30 and that would at least get us a 2nd +  (course if we take on a bad contract with assets scratch this)

Id be up for this one more ...  if yzerman isnt planning on bringing cholowski full time erik gustafsson would be a nice option x1 , capable of producing offense on the back end which we lack and if he can produce He’d be a good trade bait as well

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Man theres some players who arent bad left available who’ll come in dirt cheap ... if there was any way of fittng in duclair x1 it would be nice cause i think hed be capable of getting 25-30 and that would at least get us a 2nd +  (course if we take on a bad contract with assets scratch this)

Id be up for this one more ...  if yzerman isnt planning on bringing cholowski full time erik gustafsson would be a nice option x1 , capable of producing offense on the back end which we lack and if he can produce He’d be a good trade bait as well

I feel like Yzerman is done unless he has designs to move Nielsen, Helm, etc out still.

6 hours ago, ChadBergevin said:

You gave me s*** for advocating signing Namestnikov earlier this year

Who dis?

This was before the global pandemic, when I thought he would command double the salary and term...

Namestnikov for two years at $2M is a great contract.

6 hours ago, ChadBergevin said:

For the record

Nielsen > Gagner

Ignoring the contracts of course

You remind me of someone else with awful takes...

6 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

Yeah I almost forgot you thought Namestnikov was getting $5.5 long term :lol:

Now THIS was a bad take... However, I think he would have gotten significantly more (nowhere close to $5.5M) if not for the pandemic / flat cap.

16 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

If you remember correctly everyone called you crazy for this number before the pandemic even started

What's your point? Are you saying you foreseen a global pandemic, thus a flat cap?

I fully admit that $5.5M was way too high, but he would have absolutely signed for more than the current $2M under normal circumstances.

Edited by krsmith17

10 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I feel like Yzerman is done unless he has designs to move Nielsen, Helm, etc out still.

Ya i dont think if say duclair calls yzerman and says i want to prove to the hockey world i can play would you take me for one year x 2 mill that he would say no ... same with a few other guys ... if that happens yzerman would waive or trade one of helm/glendening real fast 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya i dont think if say duclair calls yzerman and says i want to prove to the hockey world i can play would you take me for one year x 2 mill that he would say no ... same with a few other guys ... if that happens yzerman would waive or trade one of helm/glendening real fast 

But does Duclair have CHARACTER?

Also, Glendog ain't going nowhere!

15 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

This what I found

Here is my take on this. The difference is Buffalo NEEDS a goalie, they have Hutton as their starter. Detroit would just act as the middle-man in a three way deal. So I think Buffalo would have to give up more, and I think Detroit is in a position to ask for more. Detroit would have more control because they could have a deal in place to move MAF to a team he wants to go to. He may not want to go to Buffalo.  That being said, a 1st AND Glass is a ton to get, if Yzerman was able to pull that off, wow! 

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is my take on this. The difference is Buffalo NEEDS a goalie, they have Hutton as their starter. Detroit would just act as the middle-man in a three way deal. So I think Buffalo would have to give up more, and I think Detroit is in a position to ask for more. Detroit would have more control because they could have a deal in place to move MAF to a team he wants to go to. He may not want to go to Buffalo.  That being said, a 1st AND Glass is a ton to get, if Yzerman was able to pull that off, wow! 

Buffalo can't afford to take on Fleury's whole caphit. They got 13,6 million left with Reinhart and Olofsson still to sign plus two depth forwards. Buffalo are probably asking Vegas to retain.

39 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

IDK but he would add some diversity to the team

CHARACTER>diversity

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Buffalo can't afford to take on Fleury's whole caphit. They got 13,6 million left with Reinhart and Olofsson still to sign plus two depth forwards. Buffalo are probably asking Vegas to retain.

41 minutes ago, ChadBergevin said:

Well then that also gives us an upper hand. Could you imagine if Yzerman got a 1st, Glass and then flipped him to Buffalo (50% retained) for their 1st? :lol:

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Well then that also gives us an upper hand. Could you imagine if Yzerman got a 1st, Glass and then flipped him to Buffalo (50% retained) for their 1st? :lol:

I think that tweet is BS. A top prospect OR a 1st is what I'm guessing Yzermans ask is.

This is in regards to the source of the tweet we are talking about so it seems it has some credibility after all.

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Glendening is not gonna get dumped like that. He's gonna be one of our most sought after free agents at the deadline. You want the highest picks possible at the deadline? You keep Glendening. 

Helm will fetch a decent return as well. 

Filpulla and Neilsen are who you get off the roster. Not glenny and helm.

31 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Glendening is not gonna get dumped like that. He's gonna be one of our most sought after free agents at the deadline. You want the highest picks possible at the deadline? You keep Glendening. 

Helm will fetch a decent return as well. 

Filpulla and Neilsen are who you get off the roster. Not glenny and helm.

Hes a 4th line guy , theres been rumors of us trying to get a 1st or 2nd for him for yrs ,but realistically we’ll be lucky to land a 3rd and dont bring up what tampa bay paid those guys , they were locked up longer than a year

As for duclair if he came in and scored 25ish goals he’d easily net us a better return at the deadline

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hes a 4th line guy , theres been rumors of us trying to get a 1st or 2nd for him for yrs ,but realistically we’ll be lucky to land a 3rd and dont bring up what tampa bay paid those guys , they were locked up longer than a year

As for duclair if he came in and scored 25ish goals he’d easily net us a better return at the deadline

Ask Vanek what a winger having a good year gets you 

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If he can score 20-30 and get us a good return thats all the character i need lol and glendening wont be here after next season

Glendening is the most likely of all the free agents to be re-signed. If he, Ryan, and Gagner all leave, there would be 0 RH forwards on the roster.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

Donald is that you, it must be you, because no other person with a bit of brain would say anything like that...

Donald who? Trump? He never once called the pandemic a hoax.

5 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I think that tweet is BS. A top prospect OR a 1st is what I'm guessing Yzermans ask is.

This is in regards to the source of the tweet we are talking about so it seems it has some credibility after all.

If somehow Yzerman pulls a 1st AND Glass out of Vegas, he is GM of the year. No matter what he flips MAF for!

MAYBE he gets MAF in the deal and trades Bernier to Buffalo for a later pick! I'll take the tandem of MAF and Greiss, then trade MAF at the TDL when he may have more value.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Ask Vanek what a winger having a good year gets you 

Ya ok lmao vanek was like a decade older than what duclair currently is and was on his 5/6th team in the last 5-7 yrs 

anyways agree to disagree

42 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Glendening is the most likely of all the free agents to be re-signed. If he, Ryan, and Gagner all leave, there would be 0 RH forwards on the roster.

Donald who? Trump? He never once called the pandemic a hoax.

Im sure we would live lol ... and if hes the only one brought back from the countless bottom line ufa guys we have coming up as long as its 2-3 yrs max ill be ok but either way we’ll survive

Devon toews traded to colorado for two seconds

cap crunch getting to the islanders

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If somehow Yzerman pulls a 1st AND Glass out of Vegas, he is GM of the year. No matter what he flips MAF for!

MAYBE he gets MAF in the deal and trades Bernier to Buffalo for a later pick! I'll take the tandem of MAF and Greiss, then trade MAF at the TDL when he may have more value.

I can’t see things turning this complicated and with us trading Bernier. If Detroit is in involved in a MAF trade it’s strictly as the middleman taking on cap hit(I believe).