• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 10:38 PM, number10 said:

"Quite a few injuries" AKA one, Bryan Little. Svech was on the first line before Scheifelle, or Ehlers, or Stastny were listed as day to day.

Svech got promoted when Wheeler and Scheifele missed the last two weeks of October. An opportunity he took advantage of so far and he never had here.

10 hours ago, number10 said:

I wanted Blash to use him in 2020/21

iirc pretty much all of us were hoping we would see him more but to be honest, he didn´t give a reason for doing so. He was behind Zadina in the depth chart which didn´t help. When he played and I have to admit I´ve only seen 2 full games with him in the lineup, he didn´t impress me. For a power forward there was little power. He´s not having a motor like Fabbri who plays more like one without the physical attributes. He just didn´t stand out. A change of scenery was probably the only thing that could help him.

1 hour ago, number10 said:

An opportunity he never had here? Yes. BECAUSE of blash. Bertuzzi went down. Ryan went down. Others went down. Svech didn't play.. And here's the wild part...Svech made the jets roster before anyone was injured. When someone got injured here Blash called up Taro Hirose, Givani Smith, or reinserted Nielsen. Jeff experimented with Brome for 26 games b4 giving up on that, but couldn't do the same for Svech. 

He played 21 games last season, so they gave him a chance. He just couldn´t grab hold of a spot because of his play.

WPG needed a cheap forward to fill the roster and fortunately for him the injuries occured and he got a chance to move up the roster without playing great and this time it seems that he grabs that spot. Good for him.

21 minutes ago, number10 said:

Svech's first game wasn't until February 27th. Benched for the first 22 games of the season despite several injuries to the team.

He then proceeded to play 4 games before being benched again.

Then he came back and played 2 games before being benched again.

Then he came back and played 5 games before being benched again.

Then he came back and played 4 games before being benched again.

Then he came back and played another 5 games before being benched yet again.

Then he played the very last game of the season.

His longest stint was 5 games and it took him nearly till April to get that look from Jeff. And each game he was playing on average 11-12 minutes a night. The least amount of usage on the team. Meanwhile Veleno and Hirose are getting called up and immediately get handed 5 and 6 game stints with 15 minutes of ice time with better linemates.

Gee I wonder why a young player with 20 games under his belt couldn't find any consistency or morale.

ah now I see and he got benched because Blash was following his secret plan to ruin our prospects. Must have been that way. Hirose´s call ups had nothing to do with his play in GR and Veleno was just another needle to demoralize Svech. It took time but once I figured it out it all became clear.

Edited by ely s

The bottom line of this is that Svech NEEDS a centerman to make him effective and is not making others around him more effective.  Raymond, Betuzzi, and Vrana all make their linemates better.  Stevie is hoping Zadina, Veleno, and Berggren grow into that mold.  Where does that leave Svech?  On another team.  He just hasnt blossomed like we all wanted him to.  Not saying he cant be a good player.  He can be.  But he's not a good player game in and game out.  Anyway, he's gone.  Yzerman made the decision.  Lets at least whip a Red Wing thats still on the team!  

54 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The bottom line of this is that Svech NEEDS a centerman to make him effective and is not making others around him more effective.  Raymond, Betuzzi, and Vrana all make their linemates better.  Stevie is hoping Zadina, Veleno, and Berggren grow into that mold.  Where does that leave Svech?  On another team.  He just hasnt blossomed like we all wanted him to.  Not saying he cant be a good player.  He can be.  But he's not a good player game in and game out.  Anyway, he's gone.  Yzerman made the decision.  Lets at least whip a Red Wing thats still on the team!  

Big Ras perhaps ?

1 hour ago, number10 said:

Svech's first game wasn't until February 27th. Benched for the first 22 games of the season despite several injuries to the team.

His longest stint was 5 games and it took him nearly till April to get that look from Jeff. And each game he was playing on average 11-12 minutes a night. The least amount of usage on the team. Meanwhile Veleno and Hirose are getting called up and immediately get handed 5 and 6 game stints with 15 minutes of ice time with better linemates.

Gee I wonder why a young player with 20 games under his belt couldn't find any consistency or morale.

It should be beyond obvious to everyone that Svech was done here before the season even began. Blash consistently used every crap player on our crap roster last year over him, and when he ran out of crap roster players he had Yzerman bring up guys from GR to play over Svech. Blash exhausted about every option he had before his hands were forced to play him.

About the only excuse I conjure up for Blash in this instance is that Yzerman had already decided the kid was done in Detroit and wouldn't be re-signed. If that's the case then I don't blame Blash for completely neglecting developing this kid. However, I would find that to be a very strange call from Yzerman's POV. We're not going to win anything anyway, you don't want to at least reserve judgement and give the kid a chance before making that call? Why not trade him or give him away? Just a few months prior Yzerman literally gave away Dymtro Timashov to the Islanders for nothing. And if Yzerman was truly done with him why not waive him to GR? Yzerman kept him on the Red Wings roster, so clearly he thought he had some value to the team.

I'm not a Svech fanboy at all. And I'm not under any illusion that he'll last on the Jets top line for much longer. But this is obvious poor management of a former 1st rounder IMO. For whatever reason Jeff didn't like him as a player and saw no use for him. And obviously that was poor judgement on his part, as Svech has made a better roster and is contributing in the NHL.  

Substitute KRSmith for 9 and Jurco for Svech and this seems very familiar.

3 hours ago, number10 said:

Getting sick of Blash insisting on playing DK heavy too. We went from pairing Leddy with Seider to help Seider... to pairing Seider with DK to prop up DK. 

We can all see DK is bad. And naturally Seiders fancy stats have gotten worse now that he's paired with DK. But lord knows we can't pair DK and Hronek together or the that pairing will be atrocious. 

I'd prefer to play someone offhand and move Lindstrom up at this point. 

But I'm sure blash will continue to play his western mich boy so he can get another contract next year...

Yzerplan to trade DK at deadline

20 minutes ago, number10 said:

If that's what gets him off this the fastest then by all means blash pair him with seider and make him look decent

I'm just questioning if other teams actually fall for this. I'm sure they can see how bad dekeyser is just as we can. 

Maple Leafs will give us a 2nd rounder come Feb.

7 hours ago, number10 said:

It should be beyond obvious to everyone that Svech was done here before the season even began. Blash consistently used every crap player on our crap roster last year over him, and when he ran out of crap roster players he had Yzerman bring up guys from GR to play over Svech. Blash exhausted about every option he had before his hands were forced to play him.

About the only excuse I conjure up for Blash in this instance is that Yzerman had already decided the kid was done in Detroit and wouldn't be re-signed. If that's the case then I don't blame Blash for completely neglecting developing this kid. However, I would find that to be a very strange call from Yzerman's POV. We're not going to win anything anyway, you don't want to at least reserve judgement and give the kid a chance before making that call? Why not trade him or give him away? Just a few months prior Yzerman literally gave away Dymtro Timashov to the Islanders for nothing. And if Yzerman was truly done with him why not waive him to GR? Yzerman kept him on the Red Wings roster, so clearly he thought he had some value to the team.

I'm not a Svech fanboy at all. And I'm not under any illusion that he'll last on the Jets top line for much longer. But this is obvious poor management of a former 1st rounder IMO. For whatever reason Jeff didn't like him as a player and saw no use for him. And obviously that was poor judgement on his part, as Svech has made a better roster and is contributing in the NHL.  

This is BANG ON!

24 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Maple Leafs will give us a 2nd rounder come Feb.

Really we should take a 4th or a bag of pucks if offered. 

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yzerplan to trade DK at deadline

For what? He's not going anywhere. He'll retire a Wing by next September.

18 hours ago, ely s said:

He played 21 games last season, so they gave him a chance. He just couldn´t grab hold of a spot because of his play.

WPG needed a cheap forward to fill the roster and fortunately for him the injuries occured and he got a chance to move up the roster without playing great and this time it seems that he grabs that spot. Good for him.

This. It's not like he was playing one game and then sitting the next. When he was in, he was getting multiple games in a row to prove he belonged. He didn't. Would I have given him more time? Yes. Did Blash "ruin" Svech? No.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This. It's not like he was playing one game and then sitting the next. When he was in, he was getting multiple games in a row to prove he belonged. He didn't. Would I have given him more time? Yes. Did Blash "ruin" Svech? No.

wager?

Don't you think that some team will take him at TD or next year as a 3rd/4th line veteran presence??  At the very least, he's consistent (consistently average...my opinion yes) and would likely be cheap$.  I've heard some argue he's above average and plays the unsung hero role on the D and providing support to some of our young D that are still learning the NHL game.  I don't agree.  However, I think the Wings will try and move him, and if not, will def not take him on again.  You gotta think he (and his agent) are going to push for another 1 or 2 year deal to play anywhere to pad the pocketbook.  Most players today don't have much prospects of making big $$ after their playing days are over...yeah they can coach, commentate TV/Radio, yada yada....but rarely have big $$ opportunities awaiting after they hang up the skates.  My gut tells me he's going to play and get paid as long as he can, for whatever team will pay him.  The fact that he's an Assistant Captain will at the very least attract looks from other GM's for sure. 

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

2 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Don't you think that some team will take him at TD or next year as a 3rd/4th line veteran presence??  At the very least, he's consistent (consistently average...my opinion yes) and would likely be cheap$.  I've heard some argue he's above average and plays the unsung hero role on the D and providing support to some of our young D that are still learning the NHL game.  I don't agree.  However, I think the Wings will try and move him, and if not, will def not take him on again.  You gotta think he (and his agent) are going to push for another 1 or 2 year deal to play anywhere to pad the pocketbook.  Most players today don't have much prospects of making big $$ after their playing days are over...yeah they can coach, commentate TV/Radio, yada yada....but rarely have big $$ opportunities awaiting after they hang up the skates.  My gut tells me he's going to play and get paid as long as he can, for whatever team will pay him.  The fact that he's an Assistant Captain will at the very least attract looks from other GM's for sure. 

I agree we should definitely try to trade him. I just have a gut feeling we won''t. Like you said he's an A-captain and seems to be to Blash what Cleary was to Babcock.

He also has an NTC where he can block 10 teams. Not the end of the world, but considering only about 16-18 teams will be serious contenders for the playoffs come TDL he can block over half of them, and limit us to trading with teams who don't have the cap space to take him even at 50% retained.

And I really think it behooves him to do this. Once he's traded to a deeper team his ice time is going to drop from 18-20 minutes a night to 14-16. Hurting his next contract.

Dekeyser will be 32 when his contract is up. Certainly not over the hill by hockey standards, but enough that combining that with his declining skills, might prevent a team from signing him. There are just so many free agents anymore that he may not get much interest. I can see him being one of those guys who doesn't officially retire over the summer, but just fades away into everyday life.

His salary is really not that bad at 2.5, but I just don't see him getting traded even with salary retention. Michigan connection. Alternate Captain.

He is a Michigan native, played all of his college years, and pro career, in Michigan. I really don't think he takes a short term, low salary deal unless it's Detroit. And I don't think SY is going to offer that. It would create a huge logjam in the defense pool.

Dekeyser will be 32 when his contract is up. Certainly not over the hill by hockey standards, but enough that combining that with his declining skills, might prevent a team from signing him. There are just so many free agents anymore that he may not get much interest. I can see him being one of those guys who doesn't officially retire over the summer, but just fades away into everyday life.

His salary is really not that bad at 2.5, but I just don't see him getting traded even with salary retention. Michigan connection. Alternate Captain.

He is a Michigan native, played all of his college years, and pro career, in Michigan. I really don't think he takes a short term, low salary deal unless it's Detroit. And I don't think SY is going to offer that. It would create a huge logjam in the defense pool.

I can see him becoming a coach for Detroit.  Wouldnt mind that at all.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I know being from Michigan IS a factor, I can't for the sake of all that's holy understand WHY it's a factor.

I'd rather have a more competent player from wherever than a less competent one from the teams own back yard.

48 minutes ago, mackel said:

I know being from Michigan IS a factor, I can't for the sake of all that's holy understand WHY it's a factor.

I'd rather have a more competent player from wherever than a less competent one from the teams own back yard.

Hometown discount. Players will usually take less money to stay close to home. It's also why guys choose to retire when they can easily get a job in Europe.

Hometown discount. Players will usually take less money to stay close to home. It's also why guys choose to retire when they can easily get a job in Europe.

That has nothing to do with his current effectiveness.

41 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No. But its why Detroit brings in a lot of Michigan natives.

Bit beside the point.

Blash isn't gonna keep DK around because he's a Michigander. He's gonna keep him around because he's an A-wearing veteran who respects the process and that's what his hero Babcock would want/do.

I was very happy trading for Nick Leddy at the time. My opinion has changed.

Consider this: in the 12 games they played together, the rookie Seider scored 8 pts and went +3. Leddy scored 3 pts and went -6. The fancy stats literally indicated this was one of the best pairings in the NHL AND LEDDY WENT -6.

Now Seider has been downgraded to a worse partner in DK, but hasn't let up, and in 3 games has scored 3 pts going +4.

Seider is a ******* golden god and Leddy should be traded out for a 1st or 2nd if we can.

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I was very happy trading for Nick Leddy at the time. My opinion has changed.

Consider this: in the 12 games they played together, the rookie Seider scored 8 pts and went +3. Leddy scored 3 pts and went -6. The fancy stats literally indicated this was one of the best pairings in the NHL AND LEDDY WENT -6.

Now Seider has been downgraded to a worse partner in DK, but hasn't let up, and in 3 games has scored 3 pts going +4.

Seider is a ******* golden god and Leddy should be traded out for a 1st or 2nd if we can.

Trade Leddog?  At the deadline, maybe.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas

With Ehlers and Scheiffele back in the lineup Svech has been lowered to the Jets 3rd line.

He scored 6 pts in 11 games while in the Jets top6.

Blash treated this kid like a useless 15th forward. On a new and deeper team it took Svech 2 initial games on the 4th line, and then a stint in the top6, to graduate from Jets healthy scratch to Jets top9.

We should have started this season with an additional 24 yr old 3rd line winger in Svech. But Blash never gave him the opportunities that Maurice has, and that's why a former 1st round pick has moved on from us for nothing in return. But hey, we got Sam Gagner and Carter Rowney to fill that hole yayyyyyy.

9 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

With Ehlers and Scheiffele back in the lineup Svech has been lowered to the Jets 3rd line.

He scored 6 pts in 11 games while in the Jets top6.

Blash treated this kid like a useless 15th forward. On a new and deeper team it took Svech 2 initial games on the 4th line, and then a stint in the top6, to graduate from Jets healthy scratch to Jets top9.

We should have started this season with an additional 24 yr old 3rd line winger in Svech. But Blash never gave him the opportunities that Maurice has, and that's why a former 1st round pick has moved on from us for nothing in return. But hey, we got Sam Gagner and Carter Rowney to fill that hole yayyyyyy.

Get over it, we "lost" a replacable player, not more