• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

>Svechnikov, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno

I think there's something to be said about bringing guys up too early here. Everyone constantly kvetched about over ripening when the team was good, but we should have practiced that more in these waning years. That's on Holland, and Yzerman a bit.

Svech is having himself a nice little season in Winnipeg. Doesn't look like he'll ever be a scorer, and the Jets are okay with that. He's mostly skating on bottom 6 checking lines and shuffling into the top 6 when needed to be a puck getter for their better players. He's doing that on the 2nd line right now. Injury didn't help us with him, but his usage by Blash and Yzerman both towards the end are head scratching... playing only a few games here and there. Never being sent the AHL. Like he was being written off. Should have been kept in the AHL as long as humanly possible.

Zadina and Ras should have both been kept in the AHL longer. Full seasons at least. So they have the chance to develop further without so much pressure and gain the confidence that comes with that.

Veleno should stay in GR. Don't even toy with brining him up yet. Let him dominate down there a while. 

Ras was in the AHL forever. Leaving him down longer wouldn't have changed anything. He just isn't that good.

I dont think Zadina would be dominating down there either. He just needs more time.

Veleno should stay down permanently.

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Should have traded Erne and kept Svechnikov.

I really wanted to keep Svech. He kinda reminds of a younger, cheaper Namestnikov.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ras was in the AHL forever. Leaving him down longer wouldn't have changed anything. He just isn't that good.

I dont think Zadina would be dominating down there either. He just needs more time.

I really wanted to keep Svech. He kinda reminds of a younger, cheaper Namestnikov.

Svechnikov SUCKED.  PERIOD.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rasmussen was and is by far the most ready of the group when he joined. I just don't think more time down there would've hurt. 

If Zadina wouldn't be dominating the AHL right now then he definitely shouldn't be in the NHL. 

Just my opinion, Zadina and Hronek should be sent to their daddy Holland.

Rasmussen should be sent to Seattle or Vancouver. 

Gimme picks, we have players seemingly ready to step in next season that could replace them. I know they're young and might need time, but I'm done with this losing, I'm ready to turn the corner and start climbing beginning next season. Look at the impact Seider and Raymond have had, those three have more years experience and are light-years worse...at least here. I hate giving up on young players, but these guys aren't what they projected to be, nowhere near. Trade them for some picks, replace with Vrana, Berggren and whichever of our D prospects who steps up the most. I'm not hating on them, but sometimes you just need to turn the page.

Edited by LeftWinger

48 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just my opinion, Zadina and Hronek should be sent to their daddy Holland.

Rasmussen should be sent to Seattle or Vancouver. 

Gimme picks, we have players seemingly ready to step in next season that could replace them. I know they're young and might need time, but I'm done with this losing, I'm ready to turn the corner and start climbing beginning next season. Look at the impact Seider and Raymond have had, those three have more years experience and are light-years worse...at least here. I hate giving up on young players, but these guys aren't what they projected to be, nowhere near. Trade them for some picks, replace with Vrana, Berggren and whichever of our D prospects who steps up the most. I'm not hating on them, but sometimes you just need to turn the page.

You dont trade Hronek unless a team is going to overpay dont trade a 24yr old top4 rd for picks. Theres no rd in the system to replace Hronek. Hes been a consistent .5pt/g defenseman since he entered the league 4yrs ago thats not being replaced. rd is looking good with Seider-Hronek-Lindstrom ld needs work but with Mcisaac Edvinsson Johansson Wallinder soon ready both sides should be in good shape.

Rasmussen and Zadina are both young 22yrs old and show promise. You dont trade assets when there stock is low. The only reason fans dont like Ras and Z because they were high picks. If they were both later picks nobody would say squat. Comparing them to Raymond and Seider is absurd no player coming back in return is going to compare to those players. What would you get for Rasmussen now? a 3rd? thats terrible asset management. Hold on to them and hope Ras can be a huge shutdown 3/4c and Zadina can be a 2way 2w.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

You dont trade Hronek unless a team is going to overpay dont trade a 24yr old top4 rd for picks. Theres no rd in the system to replace Hronek. Hes been a consistent .5pt/g defenseman since he entered the league 4yrs ago thats not being replaced. rd is looking good with Seider-Hronek-Lindstrom ld needs work but with Mcisaac Edvinsson Johansson Wallinder soon ready both sides should be in good shape.

Rasmussen and Zadina are both young 22yrs old and show promise. You dont trade assets when there stock is low. The only reason fans dont like Ras and Z because they were high picks. If they were both later picks nobody would say squat. Comparing them to Raymond and Seider is absurd no player coming back in return is going to compare to those players. What would you get for Rasmussen now? a 3rd? thats terrible asset management. Hold on to them and hope Ras can be a huge shutdown 3/4c and Zadina can be a 2way 2w.

And how can anyone who has been watching the games not spot Dekeyser/Leddy as the 2 biggest problems?  I dont understand why people cant see that having 2 LD in our top 4 that cant play defense causes almost all of our issues.

Time to go Blash.

Team has no consistency. No motivation.

Sure this isn't the best roster. But we just lost 9-2 to a team who is dead last in the league. Their #1 center was a 4th liner with the Nucks last year. Their #2 center was a 4th liner with the Jets/Bolts last year. Galchenyuk and Loui Eriksson have top 6 jobs in Arizona. Their blue line is worse than ours and they're running goalies that aren't even legit backups.

Sad. Fire.

Longest tenured coach other than Cooper. Burned through 7 Asst Coaches under his tenure, but somehow the head coach isn't the problem. It's over. Lets be done with this.

Edited by bIueadams

29 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Time to go Blash.

Team has no consistency. No motivation.

Sure this isn't the best roster. But we just lost 9-2 to a team who is dead last in the league. Their #1 center was a 4th liner with the Nucks last year. Their #2 center was a 4th liner with the Jets/Bolts last year. Galchenyuk and Loui Eriksson have top 6 jobs in Arizona. Their blue line is worse than ours and they're running goalies that aren't even legit backups.

Sad. Fire.

Longest tenured coach other than Cooper. Burned through 7 Asst Coaches under his tenure, but somehow the head coach isn't the problem. It's over. Lets be done with this.

I thought Montreal was dead last.

People on Twitter are blaming Blashill for this as if he doesn't have a bottom five defense in the league and his starting goalie didn't let in 4 goals on the first 12 shots he faced in the first period.

23 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

People on Twitter are blaming Blashill for this as if he doesn't have a bottom five defense in the league and his starting goalie didn't let in 4 goals on the first 12 shots he faced in the first period.

He has 2 better goalies and a better defense than PHX

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Followed by the back letting in 2 goals in 3 shots.

This isn't a joke "well this is good for us getting Bedard/Wright!" thing anymore.

We have seriously talented young players on this team, and this team is taking nights off. Straight giving up on plays. Bowman never let this his teams takes nights off. Say what you want about Babcock, but he never let his teams take nights off like this.

Blash is soft. After 7 seaons, I am completely unconvinced he has any specialty in developing young players. Raymond and Seider being uber talented from day 1 is not his development.

This team needs a hard-nosed coach that they fear but trust to lead them. Jeffs BS statements about how they all need to be better (including the coaching staff) are a joke. Yzerman needs to can this prick just to send a message to the team that these types of performances are not allowed, and he is willing to take serious action to rectify it. Make Tanguay or Ben Simon interim, I really don't care. Bring back Babcock this summer.

57 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

This isn't a joke "well this is good for us getting Bedard/Wright!" thing anymore.

We have seriously talented young players on this team, and this team is taking nights off. Straight giving up on plays. Bowman never let this his teams takes nights off. Say what you want about Babcock, but he never let his teams take nights off like this.

Blash is soft. After 7 seaons, I am completely unconvinced he has any specialty in developing young players. Raymond and Seider being uber talented from day 1 is not his development.

This team needs a hard-nosed coach that they fear but trust to lead them. Jeffs BS statements about how they all need to be better (including the coaching staff) are a joke. Yzerman needs to can this prick just to send a message to the team that these types of performances are not allowed, and he is willing to take serious action to rectify it. Make Tanguay or Ben Simon interim, I really don't care. Bring back Babcock this summer.

Mike Babcock joined the Toronto Maple Leafs this week. (USATSI)

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd welcome Babcock back in a heartbeat.

Only pansy swedes like Franzen and Nyquist complained about Babs. And R-slurs like Comie.

Oh and Marner boohoo

Edited by bIueadams

34 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

l1jrhfixcem81.jpg

SY is actively watching practice from the owners box alone. There's blood in the water.

If that were me .....

Amon Goeth: Nazi Commander's Home To Be Converted Into A Luxury Family  Villa | HuffPost UK News

Just now, bIueadams said:

Only pansy swedes like Franzen and Nyquist complained about Babs

Oh and Marner boohoo

No doubt he treated some players like s***, but he isn't alone among pro sports where demands are high and adults are expected to perform.

I believe in 2nd chances.