• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 9:51 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So basically, if I'm lazy at my job, don't want to work, and have a bad attitude, its my manager's fault. Got it.

Yes, it is. That's how hierarchical management systems work.

A managers performance is a direct reflection of the performance of their team. Good managers motivate their subordinates and put them in positions that maximize their strengths and abilities, resulting in good performance of the department. Bad managers piss off their subordinates and create environments where no one wants to work, resulting in bad performance of the department.

Now, maybe there's just one bad egg in the department. The guy that is just down right lazy/bad attitude no matter what you do. Agreed, that's not the managers fault, and a smart manager will sack him ASAP.

But I'm not pointing at one bad egg. I'm pointing at a trend of impact players that this is happening with. When it starts becoming multiple instances, you start to look at the manager and what he's doing to spoil otherwise good employees.

Mrazek, Athanasiou, Mantha, were all highly skilled employees that manager Blash was unable to motivate. Now Hronek is getting pissed off and getting lazy and getting benched early in the season.

I have a woman that manages a team. Over the course of a few months a bunch of her best subordinates jumped ship and quit for other companies. You best believe we're questioning whether or not she should continue managing people. And we don't even know if it's just coincidence yet.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Mrazek, Athanasiou, Mantha, were all highly skilled employees that manager Blash was unable to motivate. Now Hronek is getting pissed off and getting lazy and getting benched early in the season.

Blash is for sure not the best coach the world has seen but these examples are probably not the best. Mrazek was up and down in his last season and KH was reluctant to pay the $4m QO but he played well under Blash in general AHL and NHL. The issues with Mantha and AA already started in GR and they were both not able to change anything. AA still too lazy defensively and Mantha never managed to get any consistency in his performances aka floating. You can say the players attitudes didn´t really fit Blash´s "system" but is it his fault if they don´t change? Yzerman came into the league as a scoring machine and was asked to change his game for the good of the team. Team players do that, they change their habits if necessary. AA and Mantha didn´t, they put in a good effort every now and then. Look at Seider and Raymond, they are winners, laser focus and prepared to do whatever it takes. Was it the same watching AA and Mantha? Is that Blash or them?

2 hours ago, ely s said:

Blash is for sure not the best coach the world has seen but these examples are probably not the best. Mrazek was up and down in his last season and KH was reluctant to pay the $4m QO but he played well under Blash in general AHL and NHL. The issues with Mantha and AA already started in GR and they were both not able to change anything. AA still too lazy defensively and Mantha never managed to get any consistency in his performances aka floating. You can say the players attitudes didn´t really fit Blash´s "system" but is it his fault if they don´t change? Yzerman came into the league as a scoring machine and was asked to change his game for the good of the team. Team players do that, they change their habits if necessary. AA and Mantha didn´t, they put in a good effort every now and then. Look at Seider and Raymond, they are winners, laser focus and prepared to do whatever it takes. Was it the same watching AA and Mantha? Is that Blash or them?

Mrazak's decline on this team was under Blashill. He played great for Babcock.

You're making my point for me. Scotty Bowman - the greatest coach of all time - was able to get an entrenched superstar like Yzerman to sacrifice point totals and completely alter his game to be more conducive to winning late in his career.

Blashill - a sub average NHL coach - couldn't get still developing AA to play any kind of system or get still developing Mantha to even care.

Do I think AA and Mantha would be different players now if Scotty, or coach Q, or Torts, or Babs, or Trotz, or Cooper were their coach coming up? Yes, I do.

57 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Do I think AA and Mantha would be different players now if Scotty, or coach Q, or Torts, or Babs, or Trotz, or Cooper were their coach coming up? Yes, I do.

I do too. Thats why I will reserve my judgement on Zadinas and Rasmussens bust status until I see them play under a new coach. 

7 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I do too. Thats why I will reserve my judgement on Zadinas and Rasmussens bust status until I see them play under a new coach. 

IMO the damage is already done.

The only reason the team is any good this year is because Yzerman has rammed two superstars down Trashills system. I'll give him that. He's a good enough coach to not ruin the two newest superstars in the league immediately out the gate :clap:

15 hours ago, bIueadams said:

You are probably right, but non of these coaches would have spend a second to think about coaching the Wings in the state they were in and you can´t say for certain that they would be able to do so with a crap team. With the team now it´s a whole different story.

It´s also a possibility that AA and Mantha are just the way they are under any coach.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

It´s also a possibility that AA and Mantha are just the way they are under any coach.

Sure, it's certainly a possibility. I would just be more inclined to believe that if it was only one instance. When it starts becoming a trend, I start to look at the constant: the coach.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

You are probably right, but non of these coaches would have spend a second to think about coaching the Wings in the state they were in and you can´t say for certain that they would be able to do so with a crap team. With the team now it´s a whole different story.

This is why I'm restarting the fire Blash train.

I understand the placeholder role for Blash. Yzerman probably didn't have many decent options, so stuck with consistency over making a lateral no sum move. But now we have two guys who will probably be the winner and runnerup for the calder trophy, and the whole squad shows life. I want this guy coaching in Siberia as far away from Raymond and Seider as possible as soon as possible. The team has turned a corner and the time for settling is over.

Edited by bIueadams

On 11/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, bIueadams said:

Sure, it's certainly a possibility. I would just be more inclined to believe that if it was only one instance. When it starts becoming a trend, I start to look at the constant: the coach.

This is why I'm restarting the fire Blash train.

I understand the placeholder role for Blash. Yzerman probably didn't have many decent options, so stuck with consistency over making a lateral no sum move. But now we have two guys who will probably be the winner and runnerup for the calder trophy, and the whole squad shows life. I want this guy coaching in Siberia as far away from Raymond and Seider as possible as soon as possible. The team has turned a corner and the time for settling is over.

He has good players now, and he's playing them.  When Eddog and Aljo replace Dekeyser and Leddy next year, we are going to be a very tough team to beat.  

On 11/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

He has good players now, and he's playing them.  When Eddog and Aljo replace Dekeyser and Leddy next year, we are going to be a very tough team to beat.  

We'll be a tougher team to beat with a better coach who can actually train these players. Blash is a dead man walking.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

if we make the playoffs, he will be back.

Last I checked our playoff odds were pretty low right now. But crazier things have happened.

Aren't we in the dark about how long Blash's extension was too? I believe the organization never revealed the details of it. Could be till the end of this season, could be longer. Guess it doesn't matter much when Yzerman finally decides to sack him, but I'm guessing it's until the season ends.

20 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Last I checked our playoff odds were pretty low right now. But crazier things have happened.

Aren't we in the dark about how long Blash's extension was too? I believe the organization never revealed the details of it. Could be till the end of this season, could be longer. Guess it doesn't matter much when Yzerman finally decides to sack him, but I'm guessing it's until the season ends.

i think Blash is an Yzerman guy.

17 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

a3r7k1zd99281.jpg

Raymond's father is French born. His mother is mixed race. AKA he is not blood Swedish in the slightest. Only happened to be born within your borders.

How does it feel to be usurped by a foreign mutt Sven?

How does it take you knowing the only real Swede on the Red Wings is Gusbad faux-Lidstrom?

Do you ever wonder how much of your 55% tax garnished wages go towards bribing the Olympic committee to include this pretender on your team?