• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Raymond's father is French born. His mother is mixed race. AKA he is not blood Swedish in the slightest. Only happened to be born within your borders.

How does it feel to be usurped by a foreign mutt Sven?

How does it take you knowing the only real Swede on the Red Wings is Gusbad faux-Lidstrom?

Do you ever wonder how much of your 55% tax garnished wages go towards bribing the Olympic committee to include this pretender on your team?

One (swedish)drop rule

Ekblad should play for Tre Kronor too. 

Edited by Akakabuto

8 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I don't give a f***. I'm here for it this season! Bring on + 500 hockey!!

Also, pick 6 has been kind to the Wings 2 out of the last three years. f*** the top 5

Also, also, one of Yurov, Savoie, Lambert, Geekie or Nemec should be kicking around come pick time and that's OK. 

Also, also, also, gonna finish 8th last and win the lotto. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't give a f***. I'm here for it this season! Bring on + 500 hockey!!

Also, pick 6 has been kind to the Wings 2 out of the last three years. f*** the top 5

Also, also, one of Yurov, Savoie, Lambert, Geekie or Nemec should be kicking around come pick time and that's OK. 

Also, also, also, gonna finish 8th last and win the lotto. 

Im torn.  Want to see us win, but we could really use the #1 overall.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

So is Alex Tanguay pretty much a guarantee for the next coach then?

U think? 

Currently sitting 25th in PP%. No much got fixed there post Byslma IMO. Especially If you account for the additions of Raymond and Seider......

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

U think? 

Currently sitting 25th in PP%. No much got fixed there post Byslma IMO. Especially If you account for the additions of Raymond and Seider......

I actually give him credit there. Our powerplay is up to 15% from 11% last year, and our overall offense is middle of the league, up from dead last at the end of last season. A couple of factors, obviously personnel makes a difference. We added two top four defensemen, a top six forward, a goalie that can play the puck, and got a bunch of guys healthy. Second, we're still only 20 games into this season so there's a lot of room for the offensive numbers to rise and fall.

Based on my viewings I fully expect the PP to continue to get better though. Tanguay's system is WAY different than Bylsma's. MUCH more dynamic. I think it's going to take a while for guys to be fully comfortable. Also, the personnel on the two units has switched around quite a bit. I expect Seider to continue to improve personally in the QB role, and the top unit to improve overall when Vrana comes back.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I actually give him credit there. Our powerplay is up to 15% from 11% last year, and our overall offense is middle of the league, up from dead last at the end of last season. A couple of factors, obviously personnel makes a difference. We added two top four defensemen, a top six forward, a goalie that can play the puck, and got a bunch of guys healthy. Second, we're still only 20 games into this season so there's a lot of room for the offensive numbers to rise and fall.

Based on my viewings I fully expect the PP to continue to get better though. Tanguay's system is WAY different than Bylsma's. MUCH more dynamic. I think it's going to take a while for guys to be fully comfortable. Also, the personnel on the two units has switched around quite a bit. I expect Seider to continue to improve personally in the QB role, and the top unit to improve overall when Vrana comes back.

I do think the PP looks a lot better this year, even if the numbers don't reflect substantial improvement yet.

Random powerplay thought: Didn't Erne score a bunch of his goals last year from the bumper spot on the powerplay? I think he did. I wouldn't be pissed if he was given a chance at the role on the 2nd unit.

Top Unit:

Bert

Raymond-Larkin-Vrana

Seider

2nd Unit:

Ras

Suter-Erne-Zadina

Leddy/Hronek

23 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I do think the PP looks a lot better this year, even if the numbers don't reflect substantial improvement yet.

Kind of like ZADINA WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sort of ignored/forgot 5 on 5 offence in my response. I give Tanguay full marks for that. 

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kind of like ZADINA WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

“I was telling my agent, if they will pass on me, I’m going to fill their end boards with pucks,” the newly-drafted Zadina said, via Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.

1 minute ago, bIueadams said:

“I was telling my agent, if they will pass on me, I’m going to fill their end boards with pucks,” the newly-drafted Zadina said, via Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.

Sorry. I thought "looks a lot better" was now a fair way to evaluate offence.......

12 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

and/or Namestikov

Kinda wanna keep him right now TBH

He's only ever been traded for 4th rounders in the past, and he grew up around Detroit with uncle Kozlov. If he's willing to re-sign cheap I'd welcome him back.

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Kinda wanna keep him right now TBH

He's only ever been traded for 4th rounders in the past, and he grew up around Detroit with uncle Kozlov. If he's willing to re-sign cheap I'd welcome him back.

Id be cool with keeping him but wouldnt be shocked if hes moved.

I'm not done kvetching about Blash

Nick Leddy is the most used player on our team. In fact only 14  players in the entire league get deployed more on 5v5 than Leddy each night. He's getting more 5v5 icetime than Victor Hedman, Shea Theodore, Drew Doughty, Aaron Ekblad, Charlie McAvoy, Adam Fox, Ryan Pulock, Cale Makar, John Klingberg, Dougie Hamilton, and Erik Karlsson just to name a few.

And there is absolutely nothing in his play to support this heavy usage.

Seider, Oesterle, Stecher, Hronek, and Lindstrom all produce more points per 60 minutes of ice time. He has the lowest amount of shots on net per 60 of all our Dmen. He blocks less shots than all our Dmen per 60. He's last among our Dmen in hits per 60.

He has not 1 primary assist during 5v5 play, yet he has the advantage of being deployed in the offensive zone more than any of our other Dmen... and leads the team with the worst plus/minus with -8!

Meanwhile Oesterle has been low key one of our best LHD and Blash is scratching him every other game.

The only justification I can see for this is trade value, but goddamn we may actually be hurting his value playing him more... Isles boy sucks definitely don't want back and Blash is an idiot for how he uses him.

Edited by bIueadams

Blash out last night, and we play our tightest game of the season.  Outside of Gross letting in a few softees (which he made up for witha few side to side beauties), the team didnt give up too much b.s. in the D zone.  We got caught in our own end chasing 2 or 3 times, and we had a lot of pucks in skates and neutral zone sloppiness for the first 30 minutes.  But for the most part, the team played well as a group.  The most underrated player on the Red Wings right now is Gustav Lindstrom.  He is revitalizing Mark Stahl right now.  Stahl had a GREAT game last night.  He was in the right position 100% of the time and complimented Lindstrom perfectly.  I'd rather see anyone else with Seider than Dekeyser, but the D pairings last night were solid.  Jack Hughes with a -4, Larkin with a +4.  Great job to the coach.  Flawless Victory.

>Svechnikov, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno

I think there's something to be said about bringing guys up too early here. Everyone constantly kvetched about over ripening when the team was good, but we should have practiced that more in these waning years. That's on Holland, and Yzerman a bit.

Svech is having himself a nice little season in Winnipeg. Doesn't look like he'll ever be a scorer, and the Jets are okay with that. He's mostly skating on bottom 6 checking lines and shuffling into the top 6 when needed to be a puck getter for their better players. He's doing that on the 2nd line right now. Injury didn't help us with him, but his usage by Blash and Yzerman both towards the end are head scratching... playing only a few games here and there. Never being sent the AHL. Like he was being written off. Should have been kept in the AHL as long as humanly possible.

Zadina and Ras should have both been kept in the AHL longer. Full seasons at least. So they have the chance to develop further without so much pressure and gain the confidence that comes with that.

Veleno should stay in GR. Don't even toy with brining him up yet. Let him dominate down there a while. 

46 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

>Svechnikov, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno

I think there's something to be said about bringing guys up too early here. Everyone constantly kvetched about over ripening when the team was good, but we should have practiced that more in these waning years. That's on Holland, and Yzerman a bit.

Svech is having himself a nice little season in Winnipeg. Doesn't look like he'll ever be a scorer, and the Jets are okay with that. He's mostly skating on bottom 6 checking lines and shuffling into the top 6 when needed to be a puck getter for their better players. He's doing that on the 2nd line right now. Injury didn't help us with him, but his usage by Blash and Yzerman both towards the end are head scratching... playing only a few games here and there. Never being sent the AHL. Like he was being written off. Should have been kept in the AHL as long as humanly possible.

Zadina and Ras should have both been kept in the AHL longer. Full seasons at least. So they have the chance to develop further without so much pressure and gain the confidence that comes with that.

Veleno should stay in GR. Don't even toy with brining him up yet. Let him dominate down there a while. 

Should have traded Erne and kept Svechnikov.