• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

11 goals against? Ha, that's not Blashills fault guys. Blash is only the 2nd current longest tenured coach. We need about another 30 years to build the roster b4 we can accurately get a true sample size and determine his abilities. 

Firing him now is pointless because no coach on earth could do better than the most goals scored against in a single game in the cap era, obviously. Ignore the weeks (and seasons) of embarrassing games leading up to this rock-bottom. It's not a big enough sample size. This guy SPEAKS to young powerhouse players like Zadina, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Veleno, and Svechnikov, and truly turns them into their best. When we sign stop gap X and stop gap Y this off-season, look out, Blashills abilities will truly shine then. Trust the plan. This guy is good. And the players are MOTIVATED. 

Edited by bIueadams

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

11 goals against? Ha, that's not Blashills fault guys. Blash is only the 2nd current longest tenured coach. We need about another 30 years to build the roster b4 we can accurately get a true sample size and determine his abilities. 

Firing him now is pointless because no coach on earth could do better than the most goals scored against in a single game in the cap era, obviously. Ignore the weeks (and seasons) of embarrassing games leading up to this rock-bottom. It's not a big enough sample size. This guy SPEAKS to young powerhouse players like Zadina, Cholowski, Rasmussen, Veleno, and Svechnikov, and truly turns them into their best. When we sign stop gap X and stop gap Y this off-season, look out, Blashills abilities will truly shine then. Trust the plan. This guy is good. And the players are MOTIVATED. 

It´s not ok to put the blame on JB. For years he´s trying his hardest to get sacked but SY is reluctant to do so, because there are still doubters out there who believe it´s not his fault. The day the last doubters disappear will be the last day of JB´s NHL career

Team has been mailing it in once they lost sight of the wild card and I blame Blash for that.  So tired of the after game presser when he says "I don't know why we started slow" look in the mirror your job it is to make sure we DON'T start slow.  Much like Jacques Demers Blash has hit the end of his rope as far as moving a team forward

I see no reason NOT to let him go have Paul Boyer coach rest of year as he can't do worse than Blash. Then bring in a fresh voice be it Lambert or another. 

I dont care if its today or this summer it needs to happen sometime before next season. Trashill has clearly lost the room anyone would be an upgrade over this schmuck. With all our Swedish players coming over in the next couple years id like to see Rikard Gronberg given a look.

4 hours ago, ely s said:

It´s not ok to put the blame on JB. For years he´s trying his hardest to get sacked but SY is reluctant to do so, because there are still doubters out there who believe it´s not his fault. The day the last doubters disappear will be the last day of JB´s NHL career

JB needs another decade just in case. 

In the meantime we can continue the carousel of unimpactful assistant coaches. 

42 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's obviously done after this year. Gotta wonder who replaces him. Lambert is the most obvious pick IMO. But some people are talking about Gronborg too. Anyone else out there I'm missing?

• Brad Shaw - asst coach for Vancouver
  • Nate Leaman - college
  • Mike Babcock - college
  • Todd Reirden - asst coach for Pittsburgh
  • Claude Julien - idk
  • Bob Hartley - KHL
  • Rick Tocchet - idk
  • David Quinn - college
  • Kirk Muller - asst coach for Calgary
  • Pascal Vincent - asst coach for CBJ
  • Lane Lambert - asst coach for NYI
  • Jim Montgomery - asst coach for STL
  • Todd Nelson - asst coach for Dallas
  • Mike Vellucci - asst coach for Pittsburgh
  • John Tortorella - TV I guess
  • Coach Q - idk
  • Manny Malhotra - asst coach for Toronto
  • Marco Sturm - asst coach for LA
  • Rickard Gronborg - Switzerland
  • Patrick Roy - QMJHL

Some of those are more realistic than others. As far as vets go, I doubt Babs, Julien, Q, Hartley, or Roy want to coach the current Red Wings. Maybe Tocchet, Quinn, or Torts would.

I'm hesitant to get someone like Gronborg with no NHL experience. The rumors I heard about him were Wings were interested in him for an assistant role.

Lane Lambert, like you say is probably the most obvious pickup, but I also think Jim Montgomery would be a sneaky good pickup. He was really well liked and was up and coming in Dallas before they found the martini bar in his office. Now he's sober and working his way back up the ranks. Would be a nice little redemption story for a guy who probably has a lot more to give.

Edited by bIueadams

32 minutes ago, bIueadams said:
  • Nate Leaman - college
  • Mike Babcock - college
  • Claude Julien - idk
  • Bob Hartley - KHL
  • Rick Tocchet - idk
  • David Quinn - college
  • Coach Q - idk
  • Patrick Roy - QMJHL

Some of those are more realistic than others. As far as vets go, I doubt Babs, Julien, Q, Hartley, or Roy want to coach the current Red Wings. Maybe Tocchet, Quinn, or Torts would.

I'm hesitant to get someone like Gronborg with no NHL experience. The rumors I heard about him were Wings were interested in him for an assistant role.

Lane Lambert, like you say is probably the most obvious pickup, but I also think Jim Montgomery would be a sneaky good pickup. He was really well liked and was up and coming in Dallas before they found the martini bar in his office. Now he's sober and working his way back up the ranks. Would be a nice little redemption story for a guy who probably has a lot more to give.

I was thinking about Montgomery too. Would be really ballsy, but I'd be okay with it. He's both new blood, but does have some NHL coaching experience. I still think it will be Lambert.

28 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I was thinking about Montgomery too. Would be really ballsy, but I'd be okay with it. He's both new blood, but does have some NHL coaching experience. I still think it will be Lambert.

The other thing that needs to be addressed in the goalie coach. Saljako was the f*** stick we brought in to replace Bedard cause Mrazek didn't like Bedard. Lotta good that did. Mrazek went to s***, Howard fell off a cliff, now our goalies are getting lit up again.

Head Coach: Blashill Lambert
Assist Coach: Houda Gronborg
Assist Coach: Tanguay (keep)
Goalie Coach: Saljako ?????

12 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

The other thing that needs to be addressed in the goalie coach. Saljako was the f*** stick we brought in to replace Bedard cause Mrazek didn't like Bedard. Lotta good that did. Mrazek went to s***, Howard fell off a cliff, now our goalies are getting lit up again.

Head Coach: Blashill Lambert
Assist Coach: Houda Gronborg
Assist Coach: Tanguay (keep)
Goalie Coach: Saljako ?????

I say let the new coach clean house and hire his own staff

23 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I say let the new coach clean house and hire his own staff

Trotz kept a pretty tight staff over the years. Didn't go through lots of assistants, and took guys like Lambert with him from Nashville to Washington and then to NYI.

Maybe Lambert poaches some of his old friends...

• Todd Reirden - asst coach Pens
  • John Gruden - asst coach NYI (coached teams around Michigan from 2005 to 2016)
  • Jim Hiller - asst coach NYI (coached under Babs for the Wings one season in that last Babs year)
  • Phil Housley - asst coach Yotes
  • Blaine Forsythe - asst coach Caps

You hate to fire Tanguay after one season just cause of Blash...

Lambert is probably a good guy to let pick the goalie coach too... he's been picking the brain of Mitch Korn since his Washington days

Edited by bIueadams

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:
  • Nate Leaman - college
  • Mike Babcock - college
  • Claude Julien - idk
  • Bob Hartley - KHL
  • Rick Tocchet - idk
  • David Quinn - college
  • Coach Q - idk
  • Patrick Roy - QMJHL

Forgot Paul Maurice is also available.

Heavy ties to Michgan. From Sault Ste. Marie. Coached in Detroit/Windsor for 9 years before joining the NHL.

30 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

BUT HES SO GOOD WITH KIDS?!?!?!?

This just sounds like Zadina being a sooky baby for being on the fourth line tbh.

I am 100% down for him getting s***-canned on April 30th. Firing him now I feel excuses the players. Send the message to the players that they have to dig themselves out of it. Don't want them thinking they can cry every time they disagree with their coaches and get them fired.

Give them their fresh start next season. 

Mel Pearson for HC? Been a long time NCAA coach for U of M and has absolutely picked up where Red Berenson left off for the Wolverines. Could hire him as soon as he's done blowing out the NCAA finals for an easy championship.

Anybody else like Rasmussen’s play on the wing of late? His development as a shutdown 3C had basically stalled, and it was clear that role wasn’t maximizing his offensive potential. But he still might have some untapped potential as a power winger. Most will recall that he split between canter and the wing a lot during his junior days. While I definitely get them wanting him to be a defensive minded 3C, looks like this may be the best way forward.

27 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Anybody else like Rasmussen’s play on the wing of late? His development as a shutdown 3C had basically stalled, and it was clear that role wasn’t maximizing his offensive potential. But he still might have some untapped potential as a power winger. Most will recall that he split between canter and the wing a lot during his junior days. While I definitely get them wanting him to be a defensive minded 3C, looks like this may be the best way forward.

I get the organizations overwhelming desire to make him a C, but we should be able to pivot him to the wing

Larkin
Suter
Veleno
Stephens
Rowney
Pearson

And to a lesser extent Fabbri, Sundqvist, Gagner, and Berggren play C

28 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I get the organizations overwhelming desire to make him a C, but we should be able to pivot him to the wing

Larkin
Suter
Veleno
Stephens
Rowney
Pearson

And to a lesser extent Fabbri, Sundqvist, Gagner, and Berggren play C

Ugly. All 3/4c at best. This team desperately needs a 2c to play behind Larks. Maybe Veleno gets there but I like him more as a 3c.

18 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Ugly. All 3/4c at best. This team desperately needs a 2c to play behind Larks. Maybe Veleno gets there but I like him more as a 3c.

Yeah it's ugly, but Ras is just another 3C in the sea of bottom 6 C's we already have