• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I compared Veleno to Derick Brassard and Jordan Staal and KR lost his mind. He was confident that Veleno was better than THAT. He was confident that  Veleno was the next Philip Danault. Lol. I said he'd be a good 3C or a 2nd line winger. No good enough. He was an "elite" 2C dammit, and nobody was gonna tell KR otherwise!

I miss him. We need him back. Can’t have that ******* ”blueadams” running around here unchecked. 

15 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I compared Veleno to Derick Brassard and Jordan Staal and KR lost his mind. He was confident that Veleno was better than THAT. He was confident that  Veleno was the next Philip Danault. Lol. I said he'd be a good 3C or a 2nd line winger. No good enough. He was an "elite" 2C dammit, and nobody was gonna tell KR otherwise!

What even is an elite 2C? Hahaha. A player is either elite or not. Unless you're on a team behind McDavid or Crosby, an elite player isn't playing on anything but the first line. I think 'elite' is the most abused word in hockey fandom. 

54 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

What even is an elite 2C? Hahaha. A player is either elite or not. Unless you're on a team behind McDavid or Crosby, an elite player isn't playing on anything but the first line. I think 'elite' is the most abused word in hockey fandom. 

just means top 10 at the position

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

To put it into context, he also called Anthony Mantha an "elite" power forward. I'm not positive he knew what the word meant.

25 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

just means top 10 at the position

I get that, but 2C is more of a role than a position, if that makes sense. Like yes, center is a position. You're either an elite center or you're not. Odds are if a guy is playing 2C, they are not elite. Guys like Malkin are the exception, of course. 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

To put it into context, he also called Anthony Mantha an "elite" power forward. I'm not positive he knew what the word meant.

The only elite thing about Mantha is how inconsistent he is. We'd have won that trade if it were Mantha and Vrana 1-for-1. 

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I get that, but 2C is more of a role than a position, if that makes sense. Like yes, center is a position. You're either an elite center or you're not. Odds are if a guy is playing 2C, they are not elite. Guys like Malkin are the exception, of course. 

The only elite thing about Mantha is how inconsistent he is. We'd have won that trade if it were Mantha and Vrana 1-for-1. 

Each and every game I'm reminded of how badly Yzerman bent over the Capitals on that trade. Holy cow it's bad. I can see thinking that a Mantha for Vrana trade would make sense from the Caps perspective. At the time they generally had similar career numbers, and Mantha fits their style better. But at no point did they think to themselves, "Will Mantha stop performing at that level if we take away his ice time and put him on the 2nd powerplay?". Also, "Shouldn't we just try playing Vrana more first?". The answer to both questions is yes.

But good god did the addition of the picks put the final nail in that coffin. What a bad trade.

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

yah, it's tough.  We had that scenario with Yzerman/Fedorov and Zetterberg/Datsyuk, but it's more like 1C-A, 1C-B at that point.  Just because Malkin plays on the 2nd line doesn't mean he's a 2C.  I see what you're saying.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Each and every game I'm reminded of how badly Yzerman bent over the Capitals on that trade. Holy cow it's bad. I can see thinking that a Mantha for Vrana trade would make sense from the Caps perspective. At the time they generally had similar career numbers, and Mantha fits their style better. But at no point did they think to themselves, "Will Mantha stop performing at that level if we take away his ice time and put him on the 2nd powerplay?". Also, "Shouldn't we just try playing Vrana more first?". The answer to both questions is yes.

But good god did the addition of the picks put the final nail in that coffin. What a bad trade.

It was a beautiful thing. 

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

yah, it's tough.  We had that scenario with Yzerman/Fedorov and Zetterberg/Datsyuk, but it's more like 1C-A, 1C-B at that point.  Just because Malkin plays on the 2nd line doesn't mean he's a 2C.  I see what you're saying.

Exactly. Malkin is not an elite 2C. He is an elite center. An elite 2C does not exist haha.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Ban's and Name changes eliminates seniority...If you get fired or quit a job, then get re-hired, you don't get your original date of hire back, so..... Hi Junior!

He not wrong.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

TheSword was my shortest

Yeah. We heard that about you.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ban's and Name changes eliminates seniority...If you get fired or quit a job, then get re-hired, you don't get your original date of hire back, so..... Hi Junior!

Hi boomers. Welcome to the next generation.