• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

The only other players that seem to be getting consistently high praise from CHL coaches is Brandt Clarke and that Russian Dman that ANA took. And Lombardi is smarter than Shane Wrong!

I was hoping we'd peel Ty Voit away from Toronto at the deadline.  I love that guy.

56 minutes ago, town123 said:

Logan Morrison went undrafted and is too old for the 2023 draft.   Why hasn't anyone signed him yet?   

Lazy, sucks

So if Lombardi is our Brayden Point, why do we even need another center?

Kasper

Larkin

Lombardi

Rasmussen

Veleno

Then draft Noah Dower Nilsson in the 2nd. Spend your first picks on RHD and goalies.

1 minute ago, mackel said:

What's the tie break?  We have exactly the same record now.

I was trying to research it, and all I could find was a "Capitals Clinching Scenarios" article that mentioned them locking into 8th place with just a 1-point game. Tie breaker wasn't explained.

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

What's the tie break?  We have exactly the same record now.

its ultra g a y.  wins alone, wins + ot wins, Then they take your ot wins and break them down into wins in the 5 mins and wins by shootout.  we had more wins in the 5 min than washington.  piss on the ret ard that came up with that breakdown.  lame

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

its ultra g a y.  wins alone, wins + ot wins, Then they take your ot wins and break them down into wins in the 5 mins and wins by shootout.  we had more wins in the 5 min than washington.  piss on the ret ard that came up with that breakdown.  lame

I just read another article that said it was:

1) points

2) regulation wins

3) regulation + OT wins

4) Head-to-Head

5 hours ago, town123 said:

Bah..... practically every other major sport has ties like this decided by who was worse the prior season.   We should be 8th.

FYI, rank tankathon.com 50 times... Washington won the 1st pick 14 times and the 2nd pick 5 times.  I'll bet when the NHL fixes this lottery the contenders will be:

* Montreal - history, young core of budding offensive stars, etc.

* Chicago - obviously a league favorite of old.  The fan base disappears if they suck for long.

* Washington - the hand off from Ovi to Bedard.  Bedard riding shotgun when Ovi breaks the goals record. The fairly tale BS about a changing of the guard., etc

All of these teams are in the East, or will be with a Huston expansion.  I don't see them allowing the current top star and future top star of the league both being in the West, out of sight of the east coast prime time viewership. 

It goes without saying our 5% chance is really 0% since we're not allowed nice things in Gary's NHL.

19 minutes ago, mackel said:

FYI, rank tankathon.com 50 times... Washington won the 1st pick 14 times and the 2nd pick 5 times.  I'll bet when the NHL fixes this lottery the contenders will be:

* Montreal - history, young core of budding offensive stars, etc.

* Chicago - obviously a league favorite of old.  The fan base disappears if they suck for long.

* Washington - the hand off from Ovi to Bedard.  Bedard riding shotgun when Ovi breaks the goals record. The fairly tale BS about a changing of the guard., etc

All of these teams are in the East, or will be with a Huston expansion.  I don't see them allowing the current top star and future top star of the league both being in the West, out of sight of the east coast prime time viewership. 

It goes without saying our 5% chance is really 0% since we're not allowed nice things in Gary's NHL.

Lets say by some miracle the Red Wings drop down to 2nd overall (likely Fantilli) - but a heated/disliked rival wins 1st overall...What team could you stomach for that to happen? Montreal/Chicasgo/Washington/Anaheim/Arizona/Philly?

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Lets say by some miracle the Red Wings drop down to 2nd overall (likely Fantilli) - but a heated/disliked rival wins 1st overall...What team could you stomach for that to happen? Montreal/Chicasgo/Washington/Anaheim/Arizona/Philly?

On that list the only team that would really concern me is Montreal, since they ate in division.  Maybe Washington short term, but even with Bedard they'd need a rebuild for depth.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Ha 

We're getting Bedard losers. Buckle up.

If only, we're far more likely to drop 1 or 2 spots lol.  

11 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Amadeus Lombardi with a nice assist in his first AHL game. Good skating and vision to make the play.

Makes it look simple. Lombardi sure seems like the AA we all hoped AA could be. Maybe he's a winger, but also maybe talented offensive center.

Mickey Redmond said something about how he thinks Lombardi will be a serious contender for the big club next year. Sorry I can't pull up the sound bite.

But imagine that next year. Possibly Kasper and Edvinsson and Lombardi full time. We'd be young and dumb, but we'd be talented and gaining experience. Personally I'm a Holland conservative and want all the young guns to start in the AHL again. But it would be fun and I'd welcome it.

Edited by Walman6million

Supposedly he’s a good faceoff guy and  works hard defensively. Plus he’s a really smart player and he’s till growing. All of that bodes well for him sticking at center. 

I don’t really get the AA comparisons though. Aside from being fast they’re both verify different players. One is a playmaking center with a high compete and a good brain, the other is a big dumb p*ssy.