• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Apparently Detroit was trying get Matt Barzal from the Islanders at the TDL but the deal never happened (twitter thread has since been deleted).

Maybe that's why Steve was ticked off in his presser? His "very fair offer (swindle)" big splash move didn't get done?

Islanders have most of their team locked up for a long time - except Barzal. It's gonna be hard to give him an extension on long island.

Had to check Barzal's stats - after his inaugural 85 pt season, he's regressed to a 65 pt center over the last 4 years, on a pretty good team. He's about to turn 25. He makes $7 mil next year then becomes RFA. What do you offer for a guy like this? I have no idea what NYI would want in return. Probably young players who don't cost much, but could contribute now I'd assume.

To NYI: Rasmussen + Zadina + Wallinder + 1st
To DET: Barzal

Maybe we can offersheet him next year. $8.2 x 7. Would cost us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Not sure they can match that without moving other pieces.

Next summer:

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Barzal - Bertuzzi
Ras - Veleno - Zadina
Smith - Pearson - Stephens

His production dipped once Trotz took over. Very defense. 

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Apparently Detroit was trying get Matt Barzal from the Islanders at the TDL but the deal never happened (twitter thread has since been deleted).

Maybe that's why Steve was ticked off in his presser? His "very fair offer (swindle)" big splash move didn't get done?

Islanders have most of their team locked up for a long time - except Barzal. It's gonna be hard to give him an extension on long island.

Had to check Barzal's stats - after his inaugural 85 pt season, he's regressed to a 65 pt center over the last 4 years, on a pretty good team. He's about to turn 25. He makes $7 mil next year then becomes RFA. What do you offer for a guy like this? I have no idea what NYI would want in return. Probably young players who don't cost much, but could contribute now I'd assume.

To NYI: Rasmussen + Zadina + Wallinder + 1st
To DET: Barzal

Maybe we can offersheet him next year. $8.2 x 7. Would cost us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Not sure they can match that without moving other pieces.

Next summer:

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Barzal - Bertuzzi
Ras - Veleno - Zadina
Smith - Pearson - Stephens

Way too much. Remove one of Rasmussen or Zadina add the first and a D prospect not named Edvinsson, Johannsen, or Wallinder.

IDK why it took me this long, but I just made this connection...

Lane Lambert and Matt Barzal both work for the Islanders, and Stevie is rumored to be in on both of them...

How great would it be if we could acquire Barzal and bring over Lambert at the same time. Welcome to the Wings Matt, oh and btw we went out and got your old coach for you.

Rookie roommates Stevie and Lambert win their first cup together as manager and head coach 40 years later. Cute.

I can't see the source tweets and can't find anything else about this. Are we sure this tweet is in reference to Barzal?

If so, I'm assuming any package going the other way involved Bertuzzi, Hronek, or both. NYI don't want Zadina, Ras, Veleno, etc. and Larkin, Raymond, Seider, and Edvinsson are probably untouchable. So the only guys that are A) valuable, and B) available would be Bert and Hronek (plus prospects and picks obviously).

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I can't see the source tweets and can't find anything else about this. Are we sure this tweet is in reference to Barzal?

If so, I'm assuming any package going the other way involved Bertuzzi, Hronek, or both. NYI don't want Zadina, Ras, Veleno, etc. and Larkin, Raymond, Seider, and Edvinsson are probably untouchable. So the only guys that are A) valuable, and B) available would be Bert and Hronek (plus prospects and picks obviously).

It's explained that it was about Barzal over on HF boards... but the tweets have since been deleted. Still a rumor from an insider at the end of the day even if they weren't deleted.

I just assume NOT Bertuzzi because of the big extension Bert will need. Islanders are cap strapped, which is why I'm assuming their even considering moving Barzal in the first place. Barzal would need an extension this coming year just like Bert. I think Hronek or Vrana or Fabbri makes more sense for their cap situation. But hey maybe there was more coming back to us than just Barzal to make Bertuzzi work IDK.

48 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

For what its worth, Yzerman said around 2:30 that there werent any talks about any other players.

HSJ asked about our players. Not if he was after anyone.

Regardless what do you expect him to say? Yeah I tried to move Zadina and Bertuzzi but it fell through?

I highly doubt other teams only made serious offers on Namestnikov, Leddy, and Stecher.

We're never gonna get transparency from Yzerman. Just like we can suspect and ask if he's gonna fire blash, but he won't actually tell anyone until it's already done. 

The two players who had rumors around them that didn't move were Bertuzzi a d Zadina. I wonder if they were part of a package for Barzal and it never got done. Would explain why whispers were leaking about them. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Regardless what do you expect him to say? Yeah I tried to move Zadina and Bertuzzi but it fell through?

I highly doubt other teams only made serious offers on Namestnikov, Leddy, and Stecher.

We're never gonna get transparency from Yzerman. Just like we can suspect and ask if he's gonna fire blash, but he won't actually tell anyone until it's already done. 

The two players who had rumors around them that didn't move were Bertuzzi a d Zadina. I wonder if they were part of a package for Barzal and it never got done. Would explain why whispers were leaking about them. 

My source says the Isles wouldnt budge unless Zadina was included with Bertuzzi.  But Yzerman was only willing to part with Bertuzzi.  Not Zadina.

16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

He could just say there were other discussions that didn't lead anywhere, but He emphasized there wasn't anything else of significance. 

If there was a deal involving Bert or Zadina, then he would be lying.

32 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He could just say there were other discussions that didn't lead anywhere, but He emphasized there wasn't anything else of significance. 

If there was a deal involving Bert or Zadina, then he would be lying.

You're splitting hairs. He said there were talks but nothing serious. Nothing serious can mean anything. And he's of course going to downplay anything that didn't come to fruition. 

The tweet indicates he tabled a very fair offer for Barzal, and the islanders didn't accept. Nothing serious can absolutely mean he tried to get Barzal but Lou wasn't serious with his asking price.

Again, this Barzal thing will always be a rumor. All we know is what an insider at the athletic said. But it doesn't become a completely debunked rumor because of Yzermans press conference. Yzerman is never gonna let us peek at those cards. He's not even ever going to admit he had cards. 

Edited by bIueadams

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

You're splitting hairs. He said there were talks but nothing serious. Nothing serious can mean anything. And he's of course going to downplay anything that didn't come to fruition. 

The tweet indicates he tabled a very fair offer for Barzal, and the islanders didn't accept. Nothing serious can absolutely mean he tried to get Barzal but Lou wasn't serious with his asking price.

Again, this Barzal thing will always be a rumor. All we know is what an insider at the athletic said. But it doesn't become a completely debunked rumor because of Yzermans press conference. Yzerman is never gonna let us peek at those cards. He's not even ever going to admit he had cards. 

Not admitting he had cards, and lying about not having cards are 2 different things.

Yzerman keeps things "close to the vest" so to speak, but I dont think he blatantly lies to the press is all I am saying.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not admitting he had cards, and lying about not having cards are 2 different things.

Yzerman keeps things "close to the vest" so to speak, but I dont think he blatantly lies to the press is all I am saying.

Here's your exact quote:

HSJ: Were there any inquires, or like any teams touching base on any of your signed players that piqued your interest or?

SY: No not really. Superficially or briefly you have conversations going up to the deadline. We have conversations at the draft and periodically through the season. You talk about your teams back and forth, and we really got nothing beyond that. Nothing regarding any of our signed players, restricted free agents, that was ever even close to what you would consider an idea.

HSJ asked if teams were teams calling on any of Detroit's non-pending-UFAs (not if Stevie was calling on other teams trying to pick up a player). Stevie doesn't even answer no to this. He gives a vague answer and downplays the idea. Essentially: "We had conversations but they never got far".

Again, Helene is not asking the question you think she's asking. And Yzerman is essentially giving a non-answer to it. His cards may as well be inside his chest. Yzerman could have been pursuing Barzal and all of his statements would still be true.

And I wouldn't be so naive to think that GM's don't lie to the press. Despite the rumors Bergevin straight up insisted to the press he wasn't trading Subban. Literally only days after saying this he traded Subban. But I don't think SY is lying here if he truly made the Isles an offer.

13 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Here's your exact quote:

HSJ asked if teams were teams calling on any of Detroit's non-pending-UFAs (not if Stevie was calling on other teams trying to pick up a player). Stevie doesn't even answer no to this. He gives a vague answer and downplays the idea. Essentially: "We had conversations but they never got far".

Again, Helene is not asking the question you think she's asking. And Yzerman is essentially giving a non-answer to it. His cards may as well be inside his chest. Yzerman could have been pursuing Barzal and all of his statements would still be true.

And I wouldn't be so naive to think that GM's don't lie to the press. Despite the rumors Bergevin straight up insisted to the press he wasn't trading Subban. Literally only days after saying this he traded Subban. But I don't think SY is lying here if he truly made the Isles an offer.

Yah, Helene.  I tried to trade Bertuzzi to the Islanders earlier on this week.  I wanted a 2nd, they wanted to give me a 4th.  A 4th!  Come on.  For Bertuzzi?  Come on.

Then yesterday, I tried to move Bertuzzi to Toronto.  They wanted me to keep 1/2 his salary and were only willing to give up a 3rd.  Phhhhffffff.

Today, we got pretty far in talks with Dallas about sending them Larkin.  But that fizzled at the end.  They didn't want to part with their 2023 1st, so kaibash on that one.

Oh yah, I forgot about Hronek.  We were trying to trade him to Nashville in a sign and trade with Forsberg.  We really wanted Forsberg bad.  Even offered to package Hronek with Zadina and Hirose.  They wouldn't bite.  (snaps fingers)

Looking forward to the draft, though.  We should be able to get some of these things done there.

1. Why are the interviewers wearing masks?

2. Stecher gets traded the.day before, Sundqvist gets his jersey number the next day. Do they rip off the nameplates immediately after the player leaves?

3. Looking forward to a 3rd line of Sundqvist, Rasmussen, and Soderblom. Rasmussen is apparently a Danish name, so a Viking Grind Line sounds pretty cool.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2. Stecher gets traded the.day before, Sundqvist gets his jersey number the next day. Do they rip off the nameplates immediately after the player leaves?

3. Looking forward to a 3rd line of Sundqvist, Rasmussen, and Soderblom. Rasmussen is apparently a Danish name, so a Viking Grind Line sounds pretty cool.

Swedes aren't vikings. They're lowland peasant farmers. Danes and Norwegians were the vikings. 

20 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Swedes aren't vikings. They're lowland peasant farmers. Danes and Norwegians were the vikings. 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Viking-people

The Vikings originated from the area that became modern-day Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. They settled in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Iceland, Greenland, North America, and parts of the European mainland, among other places.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Vikings originated from the area that became modern-day Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. They settled in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Iceland, Greenland, North America, and parts of the European mainland, among other places.

Sven gets the ladies hot, so you be quiet Neo.  Nevermind your history lesson.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes the real vikings invaded and settled on those lands mentioned. But all those lands mentioned were settled by Danes (Norwegians). The Swedish pushed east not west. 

Name a famous Swedish viking. You can't. 

Halfdan, Ivar, Leif, they're all Danish

14 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Yes the real vikings invaded and settled on those lands mentioned. But all those lands mentioned were settled by Danes (Norwegians). The Swedish pushed east not west. 

Name a famous Swedish viking. You can't. 

Halfdan, Ivar, Leif, they're all Danish

Swedish Vikings are real. Look it up. Vikings came from the southern Scandinavian peninsula (Norway and Sweden) and Denmark.

Also, Leif Erikson was born in Iceland and raised in Greenland, not Denmark

50 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Swedish Vikings are real. Look it up. Vikings came from the southern Scandinavian peninsula (Norway and Sweden) and Denmark.

Also, Leif Erikson was born in Iceland and raised in Greenland, not Denmark

Iceland and Greenland was settled by Danes.

The Swedish never did anything of note until Gustavus. 

They're basically the weak link of Scandinavia 

26 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Iceland and Greenland was settled by Danes.

The Swedish never did anything of note until Gustavus. 

They're basically the weak link of Scandinavia 

Swedish Vikings are not as well known in North America because their history is not taught here. The Danes and Norwegians were the ones who sailed West into the British Isles, Iceland, Greenland and North America, making their history more relevant here.

The Swedish Vikings did not sail west because of geography. Norway and Denmark lied to the west. Swedish Vikings sailed to the east, across the Baltic Sea and navigated the rivers and lakes of mainland Europe all the way to the Black and Caspian Seas where they set up settlements along the way. They became known as the Viking Rus and later the Kyiv Rus. Their descendants are in modern day Belarus, Ukraine, and Western Russia, which was behind the Iron Curtain during the time most North Americans were in school. It wasn't taught because it was politically irrelevant.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

22 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Optics? Yet probably all 3 have been jabbed...

2. Probably or they send the old jerseys to Hockeytown Authentics

3. Seeing the discussion about vikings gives me no desire to address this....

42 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Swedish Vikings are not as well known in North America because their history is not taught here. The Danes and Norwegians were the ones who sailed West into the British Isles, Iceland, Greenland and North America, making their history more relevant here.

The Swedish Vikings did not sail west because of geography. Norway and Denmark lied to the west. Swedish Vikings sailed to the east, across the Baltic Sea and navigated the rivers and lakes of mainland Europe all the way to the Black and Caspian Seas where they set up settlements along the way. They became known as the Viking Rus and later the Kyiv Rus. Their descendants are in modern day Belarus, Ukraine, and Western Russia, which was behind the Iron Curtain during the time most North Americans were in school. It wasn't taught because it was politically irrelevant.

It's spelled Kiev. And Ukraine and Russia are slavic.