• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

DeBrincat

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

So apparently, Ottawa is not allowing any teams to discuss a contract before he is traded. This is most likely the sticking point preventing a deal. Nobody wants to make the same mistake as Dorion and give up valuable assets for a guy they may not be able to re-sign.

Pride wont do him any good at this point.  He shpuld just take what's available and move on.  

Why trade for him when we can have him for free next year.

Dorion has been very clear about Dcat - Dcat has NOT asked for a trade - he's merely expressed he won't re-sign.

Yzerman is no rush to obtain costly talent. If Dcat wants to be here he'll get here next year.

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Why trade for him when we can have him for free next year.

Dorion has been very clear about Dcat - Dcat has NOT asked for a trade - he's merely expressed he won't re-sign.

Yzerman is no rush to obtain costly talent. If Dcat wants to be here he'll get here next year.

And Yzerman clearly knows this, which is why Dorion ain't getting no first. 

Sure, he'll get a late first as a TDL rental for him. But then he'll still be a Wing next summer. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Not japanese enough

My last visit to Detroit (got relatives there) was back in spring’19 - man how things have changed since my 1st visit in ‘90…Japanese brand autos are now prevalent and my uncle (auto industry guy) was telling me about the massive Toyota R&D center in AA.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

My last visit to Detroit (got relatives there) was back in spring’19 - man how things have changed since my 1st visit in ‘90…Japanese brand autos are now prevalent and my uncle (auto industry guy) was telling me about the massive Toyota R&D center in AA.

Whole family worked for GM, and i'll never buy American again. Last two GMs i bought had so many problems. Only decent car they make is the Silverado now. And still Id rather have an F150 or a Dodge. 

17 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Whole family worked for GM, and i'll never buy American again. Last two GMs i bought had so many problems. Only decent car they make is the Silverado now. And still Id rather have an F150 or a Dodge. 

GM and Dodge trucks are assembled in Mexico while my beloved Ford F150 is still assembled here (Dearborn and Kansas City).

Got 140K on my 2015 F150 - looking forward to seeing it hit 200K.

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Dodge is owned by FIAT now. Buyer beware.

But yes, I agree with you about American cars. Would by German, not named VW, or Japanese brands now (Not Korean). Trucks are another story. Still wouldn't go Asian.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

GM and Dodge trucks are assembled in Mexico while my beloved Ford F150 is still assembled here (Dearborn and Kansas City).

Got 140K on my 2015 F150 - looking forward to seeing it hit 200K.

Yeah. I've seen pictures of your decorated FORD.

36 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Dodge is owned by FIAT now. Buyer beware.

But yes, I agree with you about American cars. Would by German, not named VW, or Japanese brands now (Not Korean). Trucks are another story. Still wouldn't go Asian.

Yeah. I've seen pictures of your decorated FORD.

That Dodge TRX though. Fast. Which means its cool.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Im wondering if SY plans to move Kubalik and/or Perron early for Dcat

I'd have to believe that either SY:

A -  is reluctant to spit up a 1st for Dcat

B -  has gotten word from his agent and refuses at this point to pay what Dcat wants, or

C - is the best GM ever making Dorion beg.

8 minutes ago, town123 said:

I'd have to believe that either SY:

A -  is reluctant to spit up a 1st for Dcat

B -  has gotten word from his agent and refuses at this point to pay what Dcat wants, or

C - is the best GM ever making Dorion beg.

I think its a combo of all 3 and especially C. 

But also, D - Yzerman wasnt planning on giving up picks/prospects for NOW players at this stage of the rebuild. So if Dcat is coming here the price is going to have to knock his socks off. 

Unless the Isles step up for Dcat, SY has Dorion by the balls. Hopefully he feels the pressure to get Tarasenko b4 Carolina does, and takes a cheap return from SY to get that done. 

21 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Word is that Yzerman is lowballing the s h i t out of Dorion.  I've heard he only has Zadina + 2024 3rd on the table right now.  Talk about a ballsy GM.  I'd hold out too if I was Dorion. 

okay now that Zadina is off the table Joe V becomes the replacement as part of package?