• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

DeBrincat

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That's code for "we're hedging our bets because the goalie market is thin". He'll bring one or the other back on a short term deal if he can't land one of the few marginally better options in FA. I'd be bummed to see either of them in net next season but we may not have many other options.

When Ned returned later in the season - I nearly forgot how spontaneous he is...All of a sudden he's outta the net playing the puck at some of the worst times...Although I must admit to finding him entertaining.

I guess if he returns for another season or 2 - just for the lol.

47 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That's code for "we're hedging our bets because the goalie market is thin". He'll bring one or the other back on a short term deal if he can't land one of the few marginally better options in FA. I'd be bummed to see either of them in net next season but we may not have many other options.

Everything the man says is code for something yes. 

But yes agreed. They're most likely trying to figure out what may be out there in UFA or what they're willing to cough up in another goalie trade OR are waiting to see what assets they end up giving up for Player X before making a goalie deal. 

There's no way management actually wants Ned of Hellberg back. Nor do I

16 hours ago, mackel said:

My best offer would be Zadina, Buium, #43 in this draft and a lottery protected 1st in 24, that becomes unprotected in 25.

This, but top 10 protected instead of just lotto protected. 

Got to wait and see on that Boston pick. If it's traded now and the Bruins fall, it'll be a bummer. There is a chance there of a 2025 lotto pick. If the Boston pick gets traded, hold off until next summer to do it once the picture is clear. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Marek says detroit is the destination for da bring cat

Yup both Marek and Friedman have basically said Cat to hometown Detroit. Sounds like the deal is done. And they're trying to hash out the contract extension. Friedman mentioned that term is the sticking point.

1 hour ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Yup both Marek and Friedman have basically said Cat to hometown Detroit. Sounds like the deal is done. And they're trying to hash out the contract extension. Friedman mentioned that term is the sticking point.

Fingers crossed Zadina is going back the other way. Seems like every few years there's a guy who is adored (and apologized for) endlessly by 50% of the fanbase. Then they get traded and suck on another team and everybody finally realizes they sucked the whole time until the next guy comes along. Brendan Smith, Tomas Jurco, Mantha, and now Zadina all fit the bill. I'll be glad when the debate is finally put to bed.

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Fingers crossed Zadina is going back the other way. Seems like every few years there's a guy who is adored (and apologized for) endlessly by 50% of the fanbase. Then they get traded and suck on another team and everybody finally realizes they sucked the whole time until the next guy comes along. Brendan Smith, Tomas Jurco, Mantha, and now Zadina all fit the bill. I'll be glad when the debate is finally put to bed.

Zadinas underlying fancy stats are actually really good, he's just snake bitten at the moment

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I hop it’s Zadina and Detroit’s 2nd. Wanna see Ottawa fandom meltdown!!! 

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Smith is almost ready to break out

Yep, any day now. It's too bad KRsmith disappeared before the chickens could come home to roost on these guys. Rubbing it in his face would have been pretty satisfying.