• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

DeBrincat

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

How would everyone feel about signing Kane to play with Larks & Cat?  I feel like it would immediately boost our ability to have 2 good scoring lines and a very good 3rd line. 

He's had hip resurfacing procedure - he'll be out until the end of the calendar year.

He's a bit of a ****** - sat out for a few games to make his point on wanting to be traded to NYR - no thank you.

At this stage of his career - what's left of it - DBoss and Ray Ray would be a better line mates.

EDIT - and there's no f-ing way I'd want him to make $5 million per season as a Red Wing :bad:

If that **** wants to come here - he can make league minimum.

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

He's had hip resurfacing procedure - he'll be out until the end of the calendar year.

He's a bit of a ****** - sat out for a few games to make his point on wanting to be traded to NYR - no thank you.

At this stage of his career - what's left of it - DBoss and Ray Ray would be a better line mates.

EDIT - and there's no f-ing way I'd want him to make $5 million per season as a Red Wing :bad:

Get real, bowler boy.  Kane aint playing for league min.  he's a hof'er dude.

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I never knew he underwent a hip resurfacing procedure, not many come back from that I hear.  

just watching Cats highlights and he had such amazing chemistry with Kane it made me think hmmmmm.  But I believe you’re correct, best to let that be 

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Bertuzzi wasn't going to extend here.

Blatantly false and exaggerated.
Yzerman didn't offer Bert the extension he wanted. There was nothing to suggest "Bert would not sign". And based on Dcat's extension, Bert probably got a similar offer from Yzerman. $7.whatever x 4.

Bert is much better NHLer in my opinion. I would take him over Dcat all day.

8 hours ago, cwilson said:

You are using scores as in points per year. I am referring to 50 as in lighting the lamp/goals/scores. Wording is like devil is in the details. 

So if you think he will get 50 goals, I am your huckleberry. 

Bro - you responded to me after I said "watch Dcat score 60 and Kubalik 50" and you took that to mean I think Dcat is gonna score 60 goals? Yes, the devil is in your dyslexia.

7 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Debrincat chose #93 

Exactly as I have foreseen lol

22 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman didn't offer Bert the extension he wanted. There was nothing to suggest "Bert would not sign". And based on Dcat's extension, Bert probably got a similar offer from Yzerman. $7.whatever x 4.

Bro - you responded to me after I said "watch Dcat score 60 and Kubalik 50" and you took that to mean I think Dcat is gonna score 60 goals? Yes, the devil is in your dyslexia.

Bert is not as good as you think he is.  Ras and Kasper are better options on LW.

Reading social media comments, some Ottawa fans are happy with the DeBrincat trade, and think they won. I'm glad they're happy, but I'm still shocked Stevie didn't have to trade a big name, or a major prospect. Kubalik and Sebrango weren't in the Wings future plans, they were spare parts. I wasn't expecting Kubalik to be re-signed, and there's no spot for Sebrango 

As mentioned, I thought after the draft, Raymond or Kasper would have been in a trade for DeBrincat.

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

yah.  I was hating on him too.  But then someone posted that WAR chart of Debrincat, and it made me completely 180.  I became a puckbunny fanboy again.

I was all for him, until everyone started liking him, so now I dont like him.

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Everyone is so wrong according to one @blueadams . You really make this board a joke bro. 

8 hours ago, cwilson said:

Everyone is so wrong according to one @blueadams . You really make this board a joke bro. 

Forum (or board as referred to (you're showing your age btw!)) is fine. Some users just like to argue and get under others skin. Whatever you do, don't stop coming here! It's been a long lonely time here since The Wings have been bad. Stay with us through the next glory years and you can have a sense of feeling that you grew with the team!

That being said, I believe that if The Cat goes back to being The Cat he was, he'll SCORE near 50 goals among 80-90 points and and Larkin will get 100 points. Raymond (if on that line) will also surpass 70 points.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

It's not out of the question that he scores 60, but we'd all be ecstatic with 35-45.

It's not even in the realm of possibility. And you know that.

The only modern players to pot 60 in a season are Ovechkin, Matthews, McDavid, and Pastranak. Basically the 4 most elite snipers in the league right now.

Only like 25-30 players in the entire history of the league have potted 60 goals.

DCat is a good player, but he's just barely gotten over the 40 goal mark twice in 6 seasons. 60 is something HOF guys like Gretsky, Hull, and Ovie do. Dcat is more similar to Hudler than he is to them.

I think we should expect 30 goals, and pray for 40 from him.

10 hours ago, bIueadams said:

It's not even in the realm of possibility. And you know that.

The only modern players to pot 60 in a season are Ovechkin, Matthews, McDavid, and Pastranak. Basically the 4 most elite snipers in the league right now.

Only like 25-30 players in the entire history of the league have potted 60 goals.

DCat is a good player, but he's just barely gotten over the 40 goal mark twice in 6 seasons. 60 is something HOF guys like Gretsky, Hull, and Ovie do. Dcat is more similar to Hudler than he is to them.

I think we should expect 30 goals, and pray for 40 from him.

A fair assessment. He is basically a 30-goal, 70-point winger. He'll but out the occasional 40-80, but 30-70 is likely his norm.  

I agree, I'm expecting 30 goals from DeBrincat. One thing I really like, is the last two seasons he had 270 and 266 shots on goal. We need that.

Again, social media comments, Sens fans are saying Kubalik isn't much of a downgrade than DeBrincat, and only scored 7 less goals. However, the difference in shots is about 100. Plus he's a UFA, and will he re-sign? I'm guessing if he has a decent season, he's gone.

If Sens fans are happy, that's fine with me.

26 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I agree, I'm expecting 30 goals from DeBrincat. One thing I really like, is the last two seasons he had 270 and 266 shots on goal. We need that.

Again, social media comments, Sens fans are saying Kubalik isn't much of a downgrade than DeBrincat, and only scored 7 less goals. However, the difference in shots is about 100. Plus he's a UFA, and will he re-sign? I'm guessing if he has a decent season, he's gone.

If Sens fans are happy, that's fine with me.

Yah, we might be able to get Kubalik back if our younger guys arent fulfilling their promise.  I think Ras, Berggren, and Kasper will all be better options over Kubalik by year's end tho.