• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, 88Kaner said:

Honestly that should be our top 6, Kane and Dcat have chemistry cool so what? Both are liabilities in the dzone no way they should keep playing together while the blue line is this abysmal. As long as Compher and Larkin are healthy they shouldn't play together on a regular basis.

I put them with Compher as a 1st line, then put Sprong, Larkin and Raymond as our 2nd line... playing roughly equal time.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I put them with Compher as a 1st line, then put Sprong, Larkin and Raymond as our 2nd line... playing roughly equal time.

I'm not against that either because it still elevates Sprong. These guys are the best forwards on the team. Derek cares more about balance than winning.. Fabbri and Sprong played on the fourth line at one point TOGETHER. Pair that with his eagerness to aquire Petry and I'm already thinking the wings would've been better off keeping blash. The guy never had a roster this good.. at least he was good at developing the young guys. 

Edited by 88Kaner

1 hour ago, 88Kaner said:

I'm not against that either because it still elevates Sprong. These guys are the best forwards on the team. Derek cares more about balance than winning.. Fabbri and Sprong played on the fourth line at one point TOGETHER. Pair that with his eagerness to aquire Petry and I'm already thinking the wings would've been better off keeping blash. The guy never had a roster this good.. at least he was good at developing the young guys. 

You're first mistake is assuming LOLoss know's what he's doing. This is guy will be gone in a few seasons.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sprong is a horse. Love that guy. 

i get the feeling he’s a lil dumb in the brain tho. Prob why he can’t find his forever home. 

Sometimes I wish this team had a few more dumb cowboys

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sprong is a horse. Love that guy. 

i get the feeling he’s a lil dumb in the brain tho. Prob why he can’t find his forever home. 

True but if ya ask me his good outweighs the bad for this era of wings hockey. Takes the dumbest penalties seems like it's always in the third to

8 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

You're first mistake is assuming LOLoss know's what he's doing. This is guy will be gone in a few seasons.

I agree, he'll be gone in a couple of seasons; he should be gone at the end of this season.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Yzerman is the one keeping NHL-ready players in the AHL. It's also not Lalonde's fault that the roster has a first pair and two 3rd pairs on defense. Don't get me started on goalies not named Lyon. 

I dont have any problem with what Yzerman is doing with his roster. I have problems with how Derek plays SY's roster. 

3 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

I dont have any problem with what Yzerman is doing with his roster. I have problems with how Derek plays SY's roster. 

I'm not sure it's an either/or scenario. There's only so much Lalonde can do when he's got three goalies who aren't any good and 5 of his 7 defensemen that don't defend well. This is particularly an SY issue because he explicitly hired Lalonde to improve the team defense and then gave him nothing to work with in that particular respect. Lalonde deserves criticism for his line combos, powerplay "strategy" (or lack thereof), and reluctance to recognize when something isn't working and adapt. But I don't blame him for the defense and the goaltending. SY has given Lalonde TWO decent defenders (Seider and Walman) and Lalonde plays them a zillion minutes a night against the toughest competition in the league. What else can he do?

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sure it's an either/or scenario. There's only so much Lalonde can do when he's got three goalies who aren't any good and 5 of his 7 defensemen that don't defend well. This is particularly an SY issue because he explicitly hired Lalonde to improve the team defense and then gave him nothing to work with in that particular respect. Lalonde deserves criticism for his line combos, powerplay "strategy" (or lack thereof), and reluctance to recognize when something isn't working and adapt. But I don't blame him for the defense and the goaltending. SY has given Lalonde TWO decent defenders (Seider and Walman) and Lalonde plays them a zillion minutes a night against the toughest competition in the league. What else can he do?

Every single fan could tell you Chiarot-Seider wasn't working last year 10 games in. Took Lalonde 35 games to do something about it. That's a problem.

It was obvious every team was prepared for Walman-Seider this year 10 games in. Again, it took Lalone 25+ games to make an adjustment. That's a problem.

Lalonde had a great powerplay to start the season and then self sabotaged it into submission almost immediately making dumb moves like removing Dcat from his sweet spot. That's a major ******* problem.

He apparently pounded the table for Petry, who we then gave up assets for, and is now not only a liability this year, but will continue to be next year. That's a seriously not good problem.

Then you have the constant team going into shell after taking the lead and blowing it. Major coach ass problem.

These are my primary concerns with Blashill 2. Now I ask, what do you like about him? Cause I can't name a thing. Can you? Does Yzerman hired him and SY is an infallible genuis so he MUST be good count? I'm willing to bet nobody here has anything they can glowingly review Lalonde on, just excuses that Husso isn't doing great and such...

I feel like we do this every year. I complain Blashill sucks, everyone makes excuses cause "trust the red wings" and then 2 years later everyone admits he always sucked. I complain Zadina sucks, everyone makes excuses cause "trust the red wings" and then 2 years later everyone agrees he sucks.

Seriously, just name what he does well. He doesn't do anything well. When you realize that, you might be more inclined to stop being a homer overt his guy.

2 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Every single fan could tell you Chiarot-Seider wasn't working last year 10 games in. Took Lalonde 35 games to do something about it. That's a problem.

It was obvious every team was prepared for Walman-Seider this year 10 games in. Again, it took Lalone 25+ games to make an adjustment. That's a problem.

Lalonde had a great powerplay to start the season and then self sabotaged it into submission almost immediately making dumb moves like removing Dcat from his sweet spot. That's a major ******* problem.

He apparently pounded the table for Petry, who we then gave up assets for, and is now not only a liability this year, but will continue to be next year. That's a seriously not good problem.

Then you have the constant team going into shell after taking the lead and blowing it. Major coach ass problem.

These are my primary concerns with Blashill 2. Now I ask, what do you like about him? Cause I can't name a thing. Can you? Does Yzerman hired him and SY is an infallible genuis so he MUST be good count? I'm willing to bet nobody here has anything they can glowingly review Lalonde on, just excuses that Husso isn't doing great and such...

I feel like we do this every year. I complain Blashill sucks, everyone makes excuses cause "trust the red wings" and then 2 years later everyone admits he always sucked. I complain Zadina sucks, everyone makes excuses cause "trust the red wings" and then 2 years later everyone agrees he sucks.

Seriously, just name what he does well. He doesn't do anything well. When you realize that, you might be more inclined to stop being a homer overt his guy.

You did beat the Chiarot drum a long time before coming around.  I didnt like that.

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

You did beat the Chiarot drum a long time before coming around.  I didnt like that.

I'm still beating the Chiarot drum. The thing I got wrong is that he and Seider would be a great pair. They are terrible together. And I ask for forgiveness for my regardesness on that one.

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

I'm still beating the Chiarot drum. The thing I got wrong is that he and Seider would be a great pair. They are terrible together. And I ask for forgiveness for my regardesness on that one.

Weren't you also a big proponent of signing Copp as a 2C before SY did it?

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Good point. What would we do without him?

I can admit it hasn't been as fruitful as hoped - but in the context of the time you don't think it was a good move? I guess the term length is regretful now.

Edited by Troy McClure