• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

Rags shopping Kaako.

He's going to turn 23 in 2 weeks. He had 40 pts last season, but only 6 pts in 28 games this year (injury kept him out a while).  And he's under RFA control.

IMO he plays solid in the corners and is responsible on D. 

Rags arent sellers, so they want roster players in return.

Might be interesting to flip an expiring contract for him. Would the Rags take Kane again? Swap Sprong for him?

12 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Rags shopping Kaako.

He's going to turn 23 in 2 weeks. He had 40 pts last season, but only 6 pts in 28 games this year (injury kept him out a while).  And he's under RFA control.

Might be interesting to flip an expiring contract for him. Would the Rags take Kane again? Swap Sprong for him?

I've read that he's diabetic and has celiac's disease. Too soft to play for our team IMO. Probably explains why he sucks and the Rangers want clear of him.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I've read that he's diabetic and has celiac's disease. Too soft to play for our team IMO. Probably explains why he sucks and the Rangers want clear of him.

I 'member when the writer's were trying to conjure up a legit 1OA race out of him and Jack Hughes lol

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I 'member when the writer's were trying to conjure up a legit 1OA race out of him and Jack Hughes lol

I can't really talk about that. I hated Jack Hughes in his draft year and thought he'd basically be what Trevor Zegras is now...a small, fragile, flashy, offensive player that basically has no value anywhere else on the ice. In fairness, he basically is that but his offense is SO good that it makes up for the fact that he's not really good at anything else. I think I said at the time that I'd still take Hughes over Kakko but that it was close. Close to my worst take ever on LGW.

Anyhoo, the Rangers are losers and I don't want their castoffs.

26 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Rags shopping Kaako.

I wouldnt give up either of those players for him. It would be a net loss.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Christ nvm. No more Dekeysers. 

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

Yea yea u wouldnt trade a player were not re-signing for someone who'd stick around. Net loss. Solid take. 

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I can't really talk about that. I hated Jack Hughes in his draft year and thought he'd basically be what Trevor Zegras is now...a small, fragile, flashy, offensive player that basically has no value anywhere else on the ice. In fairness, he basically is that but his offense is SO good that it makes up for the fact that he's not really good at anything else. I think I said at the time that I'd still take Hughes over Kakko but that it was close. Close to my worst take ever on LGW.

Anyhoo, the Rangers are losers and I don't want their castoffs.

Dont beat yourself up.  My takes are only right about 25%!!!

4 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

What about Perron?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:21 AM, Axl Foley said:

No. Seider, Walman, Chiarot, Holl, Maatta, Petry and Edvinsson means no room.

There will be room. Edvinsson will finish the season in GR. This summer Petry will be bought out, and Chiarot will be 7th defenseman if Edvinsson makes the club. Maybe another D is dealt...

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There will be room. Edvinsson will finish the season in GR. This summer Petry will be bought out, and Chiarot will be 7th defenseman if Edvinsson makes the club. Maybe another D is dealt...

I think this only happens if we fall out of playoff contention by deadline.  If we are in it, I think Edvinsson comes up a lot later in the year for good.  He's over his max now for rfa/ufa purposes, so we arent saving years at this point.  If we take a nosedive,then u unload Gost, Chia, Petry, Maatta, etc - as many as you can - and bring him up then.

There will be a Berggren for Chychrun trade coming up. (more included obviously)

No to Kaako.

Wings may not be able to re-sign Sprong, but they will re-sign Kane and then replace Sprong with somebody else. More than likely Stamkos. I don't think they re-sign any other UFA. Perron, Fischer, Ghost, Reimer, all gone one way or another.

Hanifin is a UFA this summer, could you imagine if Detroit could dump a D or 2 (in addition to Petry buyout) and sign him (along with the trade for Chychrun) and promote Edvinsson? Yzerman is not afraid to buy out a 3-year deal, he did it to Abdelkader. If he was able to secure Chychrun AND Hanifin, I could see a Petry and another buy out. Unless Maatta is traded, he doesn't have any clauses. Not sure they could afford those two though with Seider and Raymond getting PAID!

edit: Nevermind, I cannot get it to work, since Hanifin will most like get a big raise in UFA. Not unless we can convince OTT to retain 50% on Chychrun....

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

There will be a Berggren for Chychrun trade coming up. (more included obviously)

No to Kaako.

Wings may not be able to re-sign Sprong, but they will re-sign Kane and then replace Sprong with somebody else. More than likely Stamkos. I don't think they re-sign any other UFA. Perron, Fischer, Ghost, Reimer, all gone one way or another.

Hanifin is a UFA this summer, could you imagine if Detroit could dump a D or 2 (in addition to Petry buyout) and sign him (along with the trade for Chychrun) and promote Edvinsson? Yzerman is not afraid to buy out a 3-year deal, he did it to Abdelkader. If he was able to secure Chychrun AND Hanifin, I could see a Petry and another buy out. Unless Maatta is traded, he doesn't have any clauses. Not sure they could afford those two though with Seider and Raymond getting PAID!

edit: Nevermind, I cannot get it to work, since Hanifin will most like get a big raise in UFA. Not unless we can convince OTT to retain 50% on Chychrun....

The LeftWingerPlan is dead before it even gets offered.  Come on!

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The LeftWingerPlan is dead before it even gets offered.  Come on!

Yep. I mean having all of Hanifin, Chychrun, Stamkos, and Kane. Just not enough cap. Unless OTT retains 50%, and the UFA'S sign for $5M or less! ....and, well, that ain't happening! It sure would be nice to have both of those defenders though!

9 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Christ nvm. No more Dekeysers. 

Yea yea u wouldnt trade a player were not re-signing for someone who'd stick around. Net loss. Solid take. 

Because both Kane and Sprong are better for this team now. If SY wants the playoffs, he doesnt trade either of those 2 for KK. 

And Kane is likely to re-sign.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Petry is not getting bought out. And imaginary scenarios means...there is no room.

6 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Dont beat yourself up.  My takes are only right about 25%!!!

What about Perron?

Nope. Perron is a vet who has been there, done that. Need those guys.

12 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Because both Kane and Sprong are better for this team now. If SY wants the playoffs, he doesnt trade either of those 2 for KK.

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but it's slim chance we even make the playoffs, let alone win the cup this year.

14 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

And Kane is likely to re-sign.

Another non-existent rumor, sure

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but it's slim chance we even make the playoffs, let alone win the cup this year.

Another non-existent rumor, sure

And trading either of those 2 for kakko makes that less likely.

I dont think anyone thinks this roster is a contender, but at some point you gotta get into the playoffs to give your players some experience thru the rebuild.

If Yzerman makes any trades, I suspect it's yo make the team better this season.

2 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

And trading either of those 2 for kakko makes that less likely.

I dont think anyone thinks this roster is a contender, but at some point you gotta get into the playoffs to give your players some experience thru the rebuild.

If Yzerman makes any trades, I suspect it's yo make the team better this season.

yeah no way he flips expiring contracts for players with term like he's done in the past. U r DIALED IN bro.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, Troy McClure said:

And Lyon is dining on recency bias...

Lyon is older than Gibson and has played in 59 NHL games... over a 1/3 of which come from this season.

Gibson meanwhile has 450+ games played, and has only seen his numbers slightly decrease since the Ducks became a non-playoff team.

I bet you thought Ned and Husso were great too, until they weren't. 

I'm loving Lyon's season too, but the hard truth is this isn't going to last. Find me any non-wings fan that would prefer to build their net out around Lyon than Gibson and I'll eat my words.

Lyon doesn't have the track record but he is playing notably better and if that dries up he's still making backup money for 1 more season...

Gibson is washed and has 3 more seasons at 6.4 million.  Again NO THANKS!

15 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

yeah no way he flips expiring contracts for players with term like he's done in the past. U r DIALED IN bro.

He might. But.it wont be Kakko for the reasons I have already said.

9 hours ago, mackel said:

Lyon doesn't have the track record but he is playing notably better

You realize Gibson is playing behind a defense with one top4 Dman in Fowler? Meanwhile Lyon is playing behind a defense that is playing remarkably well?

I've been calling for Lyon to start since Oct/Nov, but I'm also not stupid enough to think he's the next Tim Thomas.

9 hours ago, mackel said:

Lyon doesn't have the track record but he is playing notably better and if that dries up he's still making backup money for 1 more season...

And then you have poop goaltending again.

And Yzerman will address it via trade, as he's consistently done... maybe with Gibson...

6 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

He might. But.it wont be Kakko for the reasons I have already said.

What reasons?

As of today money puck gives us exactly 50.3% chance of making the playoffs.

Our chances have definitely improved, but it's still borderline, and we have to maintain this pace if we want to get there. Adding at the TDL will help, but boy it would suck to add and miss...

5 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

As of today money puck gives us exactly 50.3% chance of making the playoffs.

Our chances have definitely improved, but it's still borderline, and we have to maintain this pace if we want to get there. Adding at the TDL will help, but boy it would suck to add and miss...

Earning 1 pt last night was key and so will be every game leading up to the March 8th trade deadline...Capt Obvious statement here - any extended run of poor play, or losses might see Yzerman repeat last season where he becomes a seller...I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen - wanna see 'April In The D' becoming a thing again.

Figured everyone was still yapping in this threat soooo looking at this.

image.thumb.png.01f3c74a3feab9ffc4920a8310b005eb.png

We definitely have to keep the foot on the gas. I could see Pens/Devils getting on a hot streak and schedule is not the kindest to us. 

Pens next 3

@Wild @Jets Florida@home

Devils next 3

Home against Flames, @Canes, Kraken@home

Lucky us!!! We hit the west after the home game...

Canucks @ Home, @Oil, @Canucks then @Calgary,@Kracken

25 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Figured everyone was still yapping in this threat soooo looking at this.

image.thumb.png.01f3c74a3feab9ffc4920a8310b005eb.png

We definitely have to keep the foot on the gas. I could see Pens/Devils getting on a hot streak and schedule is not the kindest to us. 

Pens next 3

@Wild @Jets Florida@home

Devils next 3

Home against Flames, @Canes, Kraken@home

Lucky us!!! We hit the west after the home game...

Canucks @ Home, @Oil, @Canucks then @Calgary,@Kracken

Going to be interesting for sure.  I just want to get younger next year on defense.