• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

On 10/24/2023 at 10:42 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

we will be taking picks back at the TDL.  Kane is our acquisition.  This will leave Perron and Fabbri on the block.  We will take what we can get.

I agree. But if we're in the playoffs, we probably won't be making any deals for picks. Kane will be our big acquisition, but only because most players are playing really well. Veleno, Fabbri, for example, are contributing like we'd hoped they would be, so why ditch them? If anything Yzerman identifies some flaws now and makes an early deal. Kostin seems to be screwing up, but he's easily a 13th forward. Definitely need to figure out which goalie is going to go soon. Maybe they ride Lyon for awhile and see if he is a legit #1 before a decision is made. Buy this is Steve Yzerman, 2am deals out of nowhere could be queueing up as we speak!

Through 9 games we have been better off riding the lyon and christcuck, than we have been in 12 games with Husso in net. Time to send Ville to Holland land?

To DET: 1st + G Ilya Konovalov

To EDM: 3rd + G Ville Husso

5 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Through 9 games we have been better off riding the lyon and christcuck, than we have been in 12 games with Husso in net. Time to send Ville to Holland land?

To DET: 1st + G Ilya Konovalov

To EDM: 3rd + G Ville Husso

Husso was great last night. Right now, Reimer is the odd man out.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

How much do you guys think it would cost to get Kyle Connor? 1st, 2nd and a top prospect?

If it's a forward prospect sure. Don't touch Edvinsson or ASP.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Connor - Larkin - Raymond
Debrincat - Compher - Kane

Followed by:

Fabbri - Copp - Sprong
Rasmussen/Kostin - Veleno - Perron/Fischer

Top to bottom that could be one of the best forward groups in the league.

Trade Maatta and bring up Edvinsson

Edvinsson - Seider
Walman - Gostisbehere
Chiarot - Holl/Petry

I'm at the point where I think we should probably sign Daniel Sprong to a 2-3 year deal like we did with Jake Walman (and Maatta, for some reason). I really like the way he hustles, he's not a complete waste on the defensive end of the ice, can play up and down the lineup, and he's 26. I'd also really like to see him start getting a bit more ice time as well. It's nice to have scoring throughout the lineup but I think he's shown that his game is responsible enough to play a bigger role. Something like this in as the top six:

DCAT-Larkin-Raymond

Kane-Compher-Sprong

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm at the point where I think we should probably sign Daniel Sprong to a 2-3 year deal like we did with Jake Walman (and Maatta, for some reason). I really like the way he hustles, he's not a complete waste on the defensive end of the ice, can play up and down the lineup, and he's 26. I'd also really like to see him start getting a bit more ice time as well. It's nice to have scoring throughout the lineup but I think he's shown that his game is responsible enough to play a bigger role. Something like this in as the top six:

DCAT-Larkin-Raymond

Kane-Compher-Sprong

I think its gonna come down to do we sign Kane or Sprong? Dont think we can afford to keep both.

Nascar puncher is gonna require a pay raise. Cabbie puncher might take a discount to stay?

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

I think its gonna come down to do we sign Kane or Sprong? Dont think we can afford to keep both.

Nascar puncher is gonna require a pay raise. Cabbie puncher might take a discount to stay?

Im a seller on the following at the deadline:

Kane - first

Perron - third

Chiarot - 3rd and 1/2 salary retention

Petry - third and 1/2 salary retention

Gostisbehere - 3rd

I bring up:

Berggren

Mazur

Edvinsson

Johansson

Tuomisto

At year end,

I keep: 

Maatta and all RFAs

I extend:

Sprong - 4 years x 2.5 mil

Fischer - 4 years x 2 mil

17 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Kane's as good as gone. He wants to play for a winner and we aren't that yet.

7 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Kane - first

Perron - third

Gostisbehere - 3rd

I bring up:

Berggren

Mazur

Edvinsson

Johansson

Tuomisto

At year end,

I keep: 

Maatta and all RFAs

I extend:

Most of this seems fine with me. I'd try to keep Sprong and Fischer's contracts to 2-3 years though.

24 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Kane - first

Perron - third

Gostisbehere - 3rd

I bring up:

Berggren

Mazur

Edvinsson

Johansson

Tuomisto

At year end,

I keep: 

Maatta and all RFAs

I extend:

People seem to be mistaken in thinking that olli maatta is a UFA this year

43 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

People seem to be mistaken in thinking that olli maatta is a UFA this year

I saw he has another year.  Im just saying I wouldnt try to move him at the deadline.  I believe he's serviceable on the 3rd pairing with Holl until Wallinder is ready.  I should have clarified that tho.  Sorry.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I saw he has another year.  Im just saying I wouldnt try to move him at the deadline.  I believe he's serviceable on the 3rd pairing with Holl until Wallinder is ready.  I should have clarified that tho.  Sorry.

At the beginning of the season we were playing a much more up tempo brand of hockey and Maatta stuck out like a sore thumb. Not surprisingly, Chiarot, Gostisbehere, and (to a lesser extent) Petry looked better at that time, given their obvious skating advantages. More or less around the time Kane came on board (who I'm not blaming for this) we've slowed the tempo and pace of our play WAY down and Maatta is more suited to that game. If we are going to continue to play this style of hockey then I'd agree he's the guy to keep. But if we're looking to play the game you signed guys like Chiarot, Ghost, Petry, Sprong, Fischer, and Kostin for, then Maatta doesn't really fit the bill.

Personally I want this team playing faster and meaner and all my deadline roster moves would reflect that attitude.

4 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Kane - first

Perron - third

Gostisbehere - 3rd

I bring up:

Berggren

Mazur

Edvinsson

Johansson

Tuomisto

At year end,

I keep: 

Maatta and all RFAs

I extend:

You can only retain twice on a player, Therefore you can't retain on Petry. As Pittsburgh and Montreal are already retaining on him for 50%.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

DCAT-Larkin-Raymond

Kane-Compher-Sprong

Honestly that should be our top 6, Kane and Dcat have chemistry cool so what? Both are liabilities in the dzone no way they should keep playing together while the blue line is this abysmal. As long as Compher and Larkin are healthy they shouldn't play together on a regular basis.