• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Y19

11/11 GDT - Blue Jackets @ Wings - 1:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Need a goalie. Stat.

We need to start Lyon.  Its unlikely that he's the answer but seems silly to just keep sitting on him when we did bring him here for a reason.  He looked amazing with Florida last year in those 30 something games he played, he got that team into the playoffs.  Husso has looked terrible, Reimer is what he is, a capable backup 

4 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

We need to start Lyon.  Its unlikely that he's the answer but seems silly to just keep sitting on him when we did bring him here for a reason.  He looked amazing with Florida last year in those 30 something games he played, he got that team into the playoffs.  Husso has looked terrible, Reimer is what he is, a capable backup 

Even better! I'm dyin for some lyon!

What about John Gibson? He's a stud goalie and his contract is bad enough that Anaheim may be willing to eat part of it just to get it off the books while they're rebuilding. If they'd eat a million bucks and we'd get Gibson at 5.5 million for the next three years I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

What about John Gibson? He's a stud goalie and his contract is bad enough that Anaheim may be willing to eat part of it just to get it off the books while they're rebuilding. If they'd eat a million bucks and we'd get Gibson at 5.5 million for the next three years I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.

Problem is, Anaheim are doing well so I doubt Verbeek wants cut off their legs at the moment. Gibson might be available at the TDL but that might be too late..........

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Problem is, Anaheim are doing well so I doubt Verbeek wants cut off their legs at the moment. Gibson might be available at the TDL but that might be too late..........

I didn't even realize that. I just assumed the were bad. Looking at the standings they're in the first Wild Card position (in a crowded field) so you're right, we'd have to wait for the standings to shake out a little bit more. I'd definitely keep my eye on him though, he'd be a good get.

25 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I didn't even realize that. I just assumed the were bad. Looking at the standings they're in the first Wild Card position (in a crowded field) so you're right, we'd have to wait for the standings to shake out a little bit more. I'd definitely keep my eye on him though, he'd be a good get.

Agreed. I've solved this team's goalie woes using Gibson many times on Capfriendly Armchair GM

22 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I feel like Markstrom is a realistic option. Calgary is def looking at a huge roster turnover. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I feel like Markstrom is a realistic option. Calgary is def looking at a huge roster turnover. 

3 team trade:

To EDM from DET: Husso (50% retained)

To DET from EDM: 3rd

To CGY from EDM: Campbell + 1st

To EDM from CGY: 3rd

To DET from CGY: Markstrom

To CGY from DET: 3rd

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

3 team trade:

To EDM from DET: Husso (50% retained)

To DET from EDM: 3rd

To CGY from EDM: Campbell + 1st

To EDM from CGY: 3rd

To DET from CGY: Markstrom

To CGY from DET: 3rd

Not the worst idea at all.

We need to move on from Husso, Reimer, and Petry. 

Get Markstrom from Calgary. 

Call up Edvinsson and Mazur.

Who says no to a fourth line of:

Kostin-Veleno-Mazur?

21 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Not the worst idea at all.

We need to move on from Husso, Reimer, and Petry. 

Get Markstrom from Calgary. 

Call up Edvinsson and Mazur.

Who says no to a fourth line of:

Kostin-Veleno-Mazur?

Am I the only one who likes Reimers body of work so far?

Petry is meh. But my expectations werent super high for him anyway. Im happy to let him play bottom pair and 7th D until end of contract. If anything it looks bad on Derek that this is the guy he pounded on stevies desk to trade for...

Husso has been awful. Time to ride the Lyon. 

42 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Am I the only one who likes Reimers body of work so far?

Petry is meh. But my expectations werent super high for him anyway. Im happy to let him play bottom pair and 7th D until end of contract. If anything it looks bad on Derek that this is the guy he pounded on stevies desk to trade for...

Husso has been awful. Time to ride the Lyon. 

The desire to move Petry is simply to make a spot for Edvinsson. Petry I feel sucks the most out of the 7 D.