• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

The Yzerplan The Vision Becoming Minnesota Repeating History Help 9/11

Rate this topic

I know the title seems schizo, but I assure, I took my meds today.

We (the red wings) have entered the warm and loving arms of mediocrity. It feels nice, because before this we were complete trash garbage ppl untouchables who can't even show their face in hockey church. But now we have mega sweet superstar JT COMPHER and we are going in the right direction!

REALLITY: We will accomplish nothing of significance and we also won't draft high.

>become minnestoa >deny your fate >repeat history

1/5 of the season is done and we are at the American thanksgiving day bench mark. Historically 76% of teams in a playoff position at this point of the season go on to make the playoffs.

Currently we are outside looking in:

1. Boston
2. Florida
3. Tampa
4. Toronto
5. Detroit

The good: Dcat and Larkin are leading the team well in production. Raymond is having the bounce back season we expected. Compher is legit, and not solely a product of the Avs offense as hoped. Sprong has added good scoring deph, and Veleno is having a better season finally.

The bad: Perron is starting to show signs of regression with his age. Copp is playing like meh again. Rasmussen has not built on any of last years growth and is looking like the big rig pansy Johnny E out there. Fabbri is productive when here but just can't stay healthy.

The good: Seider and Walman are leading the backend as expected. Ghostbear is basically just an extra forward out there that needs to be sheltered, but he's playing in that role well. Chiarot is having a better season. Holl is not the disaster Leafs fans made him out to be, and is a pretty good defensive dman.

The bad: Petry isn't the player he once was. Maata isn't playing his best hockey right now, but he also has to cover for Petry or Ghostbear most nights.

The good: Reimer and Lyon are both playing well.

The bad: Husso should just let Reimer and Lyon split time until he gets his head on straight.

For us to make the playoffs I think we need make a real push for Patrick Kane. That could be the extra spark or oomph to push us into a wildcard spot. And I think signing a former cup champ superstar at this point of the season would be a real vote of confidence and morale booster in the room. If it doesn't work out oh well, at least we tried.

If we have to sell we need to unload Perron and Ghostbear. Perron at his age isn't worth re-signing for us, and we should sell high on Ghostbear for the return. Sprong and Fischer I would like to keep and extend IMO. Both are young and have provided good depth. I think it would be good to explore a trade for Maata and Husso as well.

Then end the season like this:

DCat - Larkin - Kane
Copp - Compher - Raymond
Berggren - Veleno - Sprong
Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer
Czarnik

LTIR: Fabbri

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
McIsaac

Lyon
Reimer

20 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

1. Boston
2. Florida
3. Tampa
4. Toronto
5. Detroit

Not if you go by P%. Which is more fair. 

Edited by Akakabuto

3 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

1/5 of the season is done and we are at the American thanksgiving day bench mark. Historically 76% of teams in a playoff position at this point of the season go on to make the playoffs.

1. Boston
2. Florida
3. Tampa
4. Toronto
5. Detroit

The good: Dcat and Larkin are leading the team well in production. Raymond is having the bounce back season we expected. Compher is legit, and not solely a product of the Avs offense as hoped. Sprong has added good scoring deph, and Veleno is having a better season finally.

The bad: Perron is starting to show signs of regression with his age. Copp is playing like meh again. Rasmussen has not built on any of last years growth and is looking like the big rig pansy Johnny E out there. Fabbri is productive when here but just can't stay healthy.

The good: Seider and Walman are leading the backend as expected. Ghostbear is basically just an extra forward out there that needs to be sheltered, but he's playing in that role well. Chiarot is having a better season. Holl is not the disaster Leafs fans made him out to be, and is a pretty good defensive dman.

The bad: Petry isn't the player he once was. Maata isn't playing his best hockey right now, but he also has to cover for Petry or Ghostbear most nights.

The good: Reimer and Lyon are both playing well.

The bad: Husso should just let Reimer and Lyon split time until he gets his head on straight.

For us to make the playoffs I think we need make a real push for Patrick Kane. That could be the extra spark or oomph to push us into a wildcard spot. And I think signing a former cup champ superstar at this point of the season would be a real vote of confidence and morale booster in the room. If it doesn't work out oh well, at least we tried.

If we have to sell we need to unload Perron and Ghostbear. Perron at his age isn't worth re-signing for us, and we should sell high on Ghostbear for the return. Sprong and Fischer I would like to keep and extend IMO. Both are young and have provided good depth. I think it would be good to explore a trade for Maata and Husso as well.

Then end the season like this:

DCat - Larkin - Kane
Copp - Compher - Raymond
Berggren - Veleno - Sprong
Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer
Czarnik

LTIR: Fabbri

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
McIsaac

Lyon
Reimer

Steve is not going to trade away assets if he thinks they can make the playoffs.

I like those lines, but for Raymonds sake Id like to see Copp do a little topsy turvy Berggren. 

Wings are still very much in the running for Kane-despite some peoples feelings on the subject.  "Kane's putting a lot of thought into the Red Wings"  but he still wants a multi year contract-per Elliote Friedman.  Decision is expected early next week.

If nothing else, I think this would be a very fun signing.    

8 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

I like those lines, but for Raymonds sake Id like to see Copp do a little topsy turvy Berggren. 

Wings are still very much in the running for Kane-despite some peoples feelings on the subject.  "Kane's putting a lot of thought into the Red Wings"  but he still wants a multi year contract-per Elliote Friedman.  Decision is expected early next week.

If Yzerman plans on signing Kane - my guess is he really wants to make it to the post-season come  April (IN THE D).

Edited by Motor City Mullets

22 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Front runners make sense: Kane wants to go to a winning team on a multi-year contract.

Buffalo: Can offer multi-year, but not a winning team
Florida: A winning team, but can't offer multi-year.
Detroit: Maybe able to offer both...

14 hours ago, Motor City Mullets said:

If Yzerman plans on signing Kane - my guess is he really wants to make it to the post-season come  April (IN THE D).

You can sign Kane and still be sellers at the deadline

4 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I'd do 2 x $3,000,000 for Patty Kane, The very worst is he's on LTIR for most of it.

Yeah - it wouldn't be a 35+ year contract, so I'm actually not sure term is as big a problem as I and others have made it out to be. But still...yeah, no more than two years please.

I should add that I'm not sure Friedman explicitly said it looks like it's down to Buffalo and Detroit. I get all my Sportsnet rumormongering from second-hand sources as opposed to Sportsnet itself, because I can't stand Sportsnet.

Hi I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such films as;

Speaking too soon

Do I have an a$$ on my face?

And, I forgot to take my meds, do you know where I live? - a story about a crazy person

I'm here to talk to you about a new charity I'm embezzling from. It's called knee jerk reactions

We tell you it's about helping old people get knee replacement surgery and we use the money to buy Starbucks. 

I'm Troy McClure. Vote for me 

5 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Hi I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such films as;

Speaking too soon

Do I have an a$$ on my face?

And, I forgot to take my meds, do you know where I live? - a story about a crazy person

I'm here to talk to you about a new charity I'm embezzling from. It's called knee jerk reactions

We tell you it's about helping old people get knee replacement surgery and we use the money to buy Starbucks. 

I'm Troy McClure. Vote for me 

One measly Patrick Kane signing and suddenly now you wanna talk at me...

You better pray every night that Kaners legs dont get ripped off at the hip. Cause if this flops I am literally going to put MY a$$ on YOUR face.

59 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

One measly Patrick Kane signing and suddenly now you wanna talk at me...

You better pray every night that Kaners legs dont get ripped off at the hip. Cause if this flops I am literally going to put MY a$$ on YOUR face.

You know what is actually funny. The team is a playoff team without kane. 

I want to see what you say if the kane signing does work out. 

But then again it wounds like you want to give him mouth hugs anyways 

3 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

You know what is actually funny. The team is a playoff team without kane. 

I want to see what you say if the kane signing does work out. 

But then again it wounds like you want to give him mouth hugs anyways 

You under estimate my doom posting abilities.