All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Troll post and flaming to the max. Welcome to the club. Now quit being a hypocrite and accept you're no different. You can just stop responding. But you can't help it because you like being right. Just like the rest of us. Agreed. +2
  4. Why are we better than last season?

The last 2 games are why I questioned it and said I wanted to see them play better over a longer sample of games.
  5. Ericsson needs to sit

Dont be silly. The organization wanted E to play a more defensive forward game, so they switched him to D for the past 10 years. Some say it destroyed his confidence, i say wait to you see his foward game 4 years from now. Hollands dog gives me all the inside scoops. Yeah i get it lol you dont seem to. Im making fun of you for claiming to have any sort of semblance of whats happening in Smiths head. Get it?
  6. Ericsson needs to sit

Ever play hockey, or any sport? If you have to think about what you're going to do, you're too late. The decisions have to be instantaneous. That's why coaches and scouts talk about instinctual players. They see something develop and know what to do. When you make a player go against his instincts, it slows him down and he makes bad plays.
  7. Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Do you want to actually discuss and address my argument? Or are you just going to fallaciously exaggerate my stance? Your acting childish, and if you simply have nothing to rebuttal with just bow out now and quit discussing. Im here to actually talk about it, not play silly games. I know this is a sensitive issue for you so I'm giving you that respect, i expect the same from you.
  8. My fitbit #Fitstats_en_US for 11/22/2017: 15,950 steps and 8.6 miles traveled. https://t.co/8YeecvmLJM

9. Why are we better than last season?

To be fair, you can say this about almost any team in sports. This is what happens when you have parity. I think someone just wanted to be able to say "advantageous distribution of quantum effects".
  10. The next captian: #39 Anthony Mantha!

You can look at that two ways. Abby is currently being paid 4+ mil per year and was signed to a 7 year contract which he is not playing up to, hence he is an underachiever. Abby was drafted 42nd overall and was never supposed to amount to anything more then a 3rd/4th line grinder, yet was able to land himself a 7 year 30 million contract, plays in the top 6 and has become assistant captain. Hence he is an overachiever. Truth probably lays somewhere in between. I guess it all depends on perspective.
  11. 11/22 GDT : Edmonton Oilers vs Detroit Red WIngs : 7:00 PM ET

The inlaws arrived this evening just after the 1st period had ended. Looks like I didn't miss much after that. Just when it looked like Blash had this team playing to their potential then they all go do this... Welcome to the world of a 3rd shifter.
  12. Any conjecture about Smith's development by DRW is fundsnmentslly hypothrtical because we have the current reality of him being a #6 d-man with little offensive potential left, with a frankly bizarre cap hit, who can elevate his game to that of. #4 come the postseason. Why didn't he achieve more? What combo of nature and wings nurture? I do agree that him being with the big club instead of Ian White may have sent his career moving in a better direction, as happened to anyone else who got to keep Lidstrom company. But his problems would likely to have been similar....he just doesn't think the game at a high enough level for an offensive impact at NHL level, and having never really been one, doesn't have the instincts of a defensive d-man. i'm not sure he was ever desitined to be vastly better than what we have seen, due to the natue of his flaws. But with better usage he may have had a better career in Detroit and have been more useful to the team.
  13. To me, this is the most disappointing thing about the game. Mantha was really bad tonight.
  14. Somebody on Reddit totally outdid me:
  15. The next captian: #39 Anthony Mantha!

No, not resentment. Don't think any of the kids are like that. Just think its easier for an overachiever to motivate than an underachiever is what I'm saying. Just my opinion tho.
  16. Why are we better than last season?

They aren’t any better. Look great one game then completely fall apart the next one or few.
  17. Ericsson needs to sit

It doesn't hurt. What do you do when the cream sets up too long?
  18. "Always two there are; no more, no less." So who is the other S(m)ith Lord? Is he the Master or the Apprentice? My guess is: Abby Won Kenobi (AKA: Darth Kader) Or maybe Hank Solo, Lark Dywalker, Wit Fisto, Darth KronMaul, Ta Tar Binks, or Qui Gon Jen-sen? With episode 8 coming out, someone needs to do a Star Wars GDT.
  19. 11/22 GDT : Edmonton Oilers vs Detroit Red WIngs : 7:00 PM ET

I like it and it's the closest we're going to have to a Photoshop war this season I fear.
  20. Oh no!! We suck STILL!!!
  21. 11/22 GDT : Edmonton Oilers vs Detroit Red WIngs : 7:00 PM ET

Well.. on to the next. I hope Holland chokes on a turkey bone.
  22. Well, that was thoroughly stupid. Sens lost, in regulation, so we're still 3rd in the division. So there's that. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving and such!
  23. 11/22 GDT : Edmonton Oilers vs Detroit Red WIngs : 7:00 PM ET

Alright boys, just need 4 in a minute to tie. LGW!
  24. Nice effort keep up the good play. If your not going to come to play I'm not going to bother watching anymore
  1. Load more activity