All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lol. Quinton isn't Latin for five. I'll just leave it at that.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Red Wings Sign Slovak G Patrik Rybar to Entry Level Contract

Are you saying these were bad signings or bad contracts? I actually think they were both good "signings", I just didn't like the contracts themselves- mostly the lengths. Admittedly I only saw them both play together in training camp, but I actually thought Nagle was the better goalie of the 2 from what i saw. I am no goaltending scout tho.
  5. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

#wahlstromisthefuture Signing Larkin and Mantha long term for 10-11 mil a year would be a great deal. You know what's not? Kane and Toews for $ 21,000,000 a year.
  6. 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

You are just plain wrong. I don't think his mother would have. Murray is playing in only his 3rd NHL season and he has already missed significant time to injury 5 different times (including the playoffs) from a broken hand, a lower back injury and concussions. This would greatly concern me. http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/matt-alytics-matt-murrays-durability-stack/ Murray had help in the playoffs. He only won 7 games in the 2016-17 playoffs to Fleury's 9. The fact that Murray isn't playing as well since MAF left makes me wonder if his early success was a benefit of having a tandem goaltending situation. http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/matt-murray-bad-season/ Because Murray is so young, I am not convinced that his success will be long term. It wouldn't be the first time a young goalie stormed into the league for a year or 2 and then fizzled out. Fleury may not be spectacular (I never said otherwise), but I know what I am getting there. The Pens reached the Cup Finals 4 times while he was there. He has his name on the Cup 3 times. That's LONG TERM success IMO. Murray's is not certain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Carey_(ice_hockey) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Ward https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boucher That doesn't mean that going with Murray wasn't the logical choice. It was. I just would have tried to keep Fleury a little longer until I was sure that Murray was my long term solution. I would have made a deal with VGK not to take either goalie in the expansion draft. Then I would have traded MAF later for a good return. Right or wrong, it's just how I would have done it. Even if I am the only one (among humans anyway).
  7. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Nevermind, I don't realty care. I have said, its not a bad signing and hope he does what he says he is going to do. But that is about as optimistic as I can get. Until the draft and he doesn't draft a D man that he says he doesn't want a team full of, I'll remain cautiously optimistic. If he does? Same old Holland...
  8. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Whats reality? Holland doesn't say things every year only to do different? Please tell me what reality is...
  9. You don't need to keep providing examples of your inability to recognize reality. We're all well aware. I would explain some of the flaws in your logic, but I don't want to waste my time. You wouldn't get it.
  10. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

It's a book or manual about how Ken Holland conducts business. He always starts by signing some no name player to a contract and usually buries that player so deep in the organization the player splits after the contract. Then as the book continues, he does the same things as he always does. I don't have to print it, Holland already wrote it. I am just hoping he signed this goalie for the reason's you guys are saying (out of need) and then continues to write new pages! My point about Hughes/Boqvist was, if after he says "can't have a team full of these players," then does it anyway, is typical Holland saying "change change change" but doing the same thing, like he is, are you sitting down? FOLLOWING HIS SAME OLD MANUAL. I'm Just getting ready for the same old Holland and hoping for something new! I can't believe you guys do not understand my reference. BTW, I am not knocking this goalie at all, competition is awesome considering our current situation.
  11. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Definetly have to get Larkin signed to a 7-8 year scheifele type deal so we get some benefits down the road , I'd do the same with mantha if possible if he wants a shorter deal I'd push for 3 years at like 4.5 unless that deal would lead him to ufa status , it's time to give him increased ice time and no doubt he's gonna be a 30 goal guy Like frk but we barely play him as it is and we have kids coming, one year is fine in his case As for AA I'd give him A 3 to 5 yr deal if we weren't gonna keep dicking him around with his ice time but I have a feeling he's gonna moved around the draft unfortunately... if it helps us land a young d like bean then by all means I'm down , it would then allow us to possibly draft wahlstrom
  12. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I would say Dobson has the more mature, robust two-way/all-around game but isn't as naturally gifted in the areas that Bouchard is. But Dobson's bigger and is the better skater. *shrug* I give Bouchard the edge because where people have concerns about Bouchard's skating, I have concerns about Dobson's ability to drive possession and create offense and put up points at the NHL level -- and where skating is something that can be improved upon, you can't really teach the natural gifts that Bouchard offers. Honestly tho, it's a coin flip. Depends on what you value most in a high-end Wings defense prospect in the year 2018. That's exactly how I think of him -- Larkin, if Larkin were a defenseman. And significantly smaller.
  13. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Mantha expressed he would like a short bridge deal. I think we’ll be happy with how Holland handles the RFA’s Management loves Larkin so I wouldn’t be suprised with 6-8 years @ 6.5ish Mantha 1-2 years @ 4M The rest short term @ 1-2M Green won’t be signed all summer than Holland gets him resigned cheap for short term. No way Holland offers 3+ years and teams will be scared of his neck injury
  14. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Mantha plays just like Franzen, which is how I know he'll play well above his contract.
  15. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Of all those players, the only one likely to get 4 years, I would say is Mantha (unfortunately). I doubt any of Athanasiou, Bertuzzi or Frk get 4 years. Bouchard can't get 4 years or $1M. IF we draft him, he'll sign the max ELC which is $950K for 3 years. Athanasiou is eligible for arbitration this year. A deal will likely be made before it gets that far though, unless he's traded. If they do go through an arbitrator (unlikely), I think he would get a higher AAV, and a year or two less term.
  16. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

To me, Larkin is a no-brainer. I have full confidence he would play above that contract for the duration of the contract. Mantha isn't such a sure thing, but I'd still bet on him playing above that contract as well. The thing is, this is all likely a moot point, because in all likelihood, Larkin and Mantha will both sign contracts closer to what you're suggesting, possibly even less. I think Larkin at 4-6 years and Mantha at 2-4 years is more likely what we'll see. It's just not what I'd like to see. Holland is a master at re-signing his RFA's to bridge deals. We know that. What we don't know for sure is if he's good at re-signing his RFA's to long term deals. I'm hoping he leans more toward long term with these two, but I'm not sure he will. If we have an influx of good young talent that are looking to get paid, we pay them. By the time that were to happen, we'd have more than enough cap space. Nyquist, Kronwall and Howard will be off the books after this season, and Franzen, Ericsson and Daley will be gone after the following season. That's over $26M coming off the books in two offseasons. All of which are mediocre players that can be replaced from within, hopefully by an influx of very talented young kids.
  17. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

I'm not good at guessing what a player's contract might be, so I usually don't try. I will say that I don't think AA would take that deal, based on the last contract negotiation.
  18. 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

hey ovie...might be last chance getting the cup. win it man
  19. So it's a book about you ignoring reality and blowing things way out of proportion? Christ, I hope you never print that book out. There aren't enough trees on the planet to produce that much paper.
  20. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

So page 1 is signing young goalies and page 2 is drafting short defenders. Got it. Well folks we got Rybar, therefore were drafting Hughes. Leftys done the math.
  21. Red Wings Sign Slovak G Patrik Rybar to Entry Level Contract

Thats one perspective on Machovsky. I see it more as, we gave him a shot, but he turned out to be worse than McCollum and Coreau. He never earned a spot in GR. If that makes him disgruntled and he wants to return to Europe... see ya! No real loss on our part. Im already more intrigued by Rybar than I ever was with Machovsky. In regards to Pettruzzeli I disagree. Hes an ok prospect, but Larsson... wow, now thats our guy.
  22. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Larkin 4 years, 5.75 mil per. Mantha, 4 years, 4 mil per. AA, 4 years, 2.75 mil per. Bertuzzi, 4 years, 2 mil per. Frk, 4 years, 1.25 mil per. Bouchard, 4 years, 1 mil per. Get that core locked in. Then start unloading the CRAP.
  23. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

$8,325,000,000,000 per year for Larkin would be slightly over the cap
  24. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Oh, definitely. Didn't mean to imply that that's the only way I'd be ok with your proposed deals. I firmly believe that Larkin and Mantha have the potential to become good enough NHLers that your proposed deals would look like steals in a year or two. I get where you're coming from and I don't fully disagree with you. I guess what it comes down to, for me, is that I'm wary of handing RFAs really long-term deals unless it's an absolute no-brainer. Personally, I don't think it's an absolute no-brainer here. Larkin's had one good season as a kinda-sorta 1C, and even then he failed to hit 20 goals. Mantha's coming off an overall solid season and he seems poised to really break out next season, but I think four years is the longest I'd go with the term. It's definitely possible -- perhaps even likely -- that a bridge deal ends up biting us in the ass, but I'd rather force him to prove himself and "leave no doubt" than give him a huge deal when he hasn't even hit 20 goals or 50 points in a seaon. (Though, to be fair, he's only played one full season.) We've got to be careful with RFAs. We've got to be careful with precedents. Also worth considering: While Larkin and Mantha are the current jewels in our youth movement crown, we have 21(+) picks across two deep drafts. It's entirely possible that we come away from those drafts with several Larkin/Mantha-caliber players. All of a sudden, Larkin and Mantha might not be quite so important and we might have several new young players who will need to Get Paid in a few years. If the Jets are The New Model, we need to find multiple Mantha-tier players (forwards and defensemen). Lockout to the rescue!
  25. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

That looks like it'll be a pretty bad contract that will likely bite San Jose in the ass, but there are plenty other bad ones out there as well. Those are the one's that the player's agent will point to. But there are still some very good players on great contracts out there. Those (Pastrnak, Ehlers, Monahan, Horvat, Huberdeau, Wennberg, Niederreiter, Zibanejad, Arvidsson, etc...) are the one's that the GM's will point to.
  26. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

if after Ken Holland went on record saying that you can't have a team full of 5'10" d-men, then passes on Bouchard and drafts Hughes or Boqvist, welcome to Page 2!
  27. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Yeah, it's not ideal, but until the NHL puts in a hard cap, it'll continue to rise. I just hope that Kane getting 7 million doesn't screw everything up. Now that's a DUMB contract.
  1. Load more activity