All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. stephen-gregory-yzerman

Utah... Yetis?

My point wasnt that an elephant is close to a tiger Im aware they arent. My point was that none of the other things Axl was talking about were close either. Predator could be like the movie? Wtf? Have you seen the Preds logo? Thats like saying the Blue Jackets could be a literal blue jacket/coat.
  3. Today
  4. Jimmybigrigs69

Utah... Yetis?

I like Utah Outlaws cause it do that thing where the words sound the same but theyre different Utah Buzzsaws Utah Bear Claws Utah Foi Gras Utah Maritime Laws Utah Quebecois Utah Bourgeois
  5. Jimmybigrigs69

Toronto vs. Boston

And this is why the Bruins make the playoffs every year. Brad starts pro-hypno brainwasing day 1. Someone send this article to Dylan and Mo. Personally I prefer the babcockian approach: If you ladies leave my rink, if you survive prospect training, you will be a shopwrecker. You will be a minister of truculence praying for scrums. But until that day, you are LGW whipping boys. You are the lowest form of life on the internet. You are not even human fuqqing beings. You are nothing but unorganized puck-watching pieces of floater shid! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no xenophobic bigotry here. I do not look down on Svens, Teemus, Slavas or Jean-Claudes. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all benders who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Wheel. Do you pigeons understand that?
  6. AtlantaHotWings

Utah... Yetis?

Don't think Mammoth(pre cursor to elephant) is too close to the Saber tooth tiger(predators). Plus Predators could be the Predator from the movies. Utah's nickname is the beehive state. The state animal is Elk, state bird is the Gull lots of yuck there. Based on this article https://everydaywanderer.com/what-is-utah-famous-for Zamboni - The magical machine that turns scratched-up ice into a smooth skating surface was invented in Utah. Given the state’s affinity for winter sports, from ice hockey to figure skating, it’s no surprise that such an invention would come from a place where ice is a canvas for athletic artistry. Utah zboni's
  7. AtlantaHotWings

Toronto vs. Boston

just read this which is kind interesting https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/wayne-gretzky-shares-the-most-awesome-story-about-what-brad-marchand-did-last-summer-he-even-calls-it-one-of-the-great-stories-hes-ever-heard-in-hockey/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR18ACz-BjBui0JBc6XVyWvlXRX1NlFGkyMWmnItCcMCYmvY80ECwD2o6ko_aem_AZUDszEqwFw8yGYMU5MY3_ZR2JGiQyexJM50_Y1w6hpJhu8B080piOHboWuRQI5wKBQHC_fUFhw2IvSYPMktYVyD From the article if you don't want to read or can't read "One of the great stories I’ve ever heard in hockey, and there are so many good stories because there are so many great people in it,” Gretzky said. ”But I was told by a friend that he went to training camp last year with the rookies for five days and practiced with them to teach them how to be a pro and what it’s like to be a Boston Bruin.”
  8. stephen-gregory-yzerman

Utah... Yetis?

I agree that the Yeti is to similar to the Aves because of there mascot but I feel your reaching a bit on the closeness of some of the other names. Blizzard to close to Avalanche? Venom (dumb name) to close to Blue Jackets? How? Fury to close to Flames? What? If your playing that game Mammoth is to close to the other extinct animal the saber-tooth tiger (Predators).
  9. Jimmybigrigs69

Rumors Thread

I dont have much interest in Chychrun at this point. The Sens team average was -5, and Chychrun is sporting a team worst -30. And when you consider that he led their defense in even strength points, that makes it even worse. The guy is letting A LOT of goals into his own net. Yzerman wants to improve overall team D, not pick up guys like this. Pretty much everyone who has come out of that Coyotes team in the last several years has played much worse after leaving. The only one I can think of that didnt is Domi. But then even he had a sharp decline after his first and only big year with the habs. Buyer beware on Chychrun. IMO id rather pick up a RHD in UFA than spend assets for a guy like this that is also ANOTHER LHer.
  10. Axl Foley

Utah... Yetis?

I saw Yetis listed as a finalist for team name. And it does roll off the tongue well. But the Avs already use a Yeti footprint as their secondary logo and I believe their mascot is a Yeti as well. So I don't see that being approved by the league. Also Blizzard and Ice are too close to Avalanche and we already have 2 other weather related team names. Utah HC or Utah Hockey Club sound like Soccer team names. Boring. Venom is too close to the Blue Jackets mascot Stinger. Fury will most likely incorporate fire in the logo. Flames already did that. And it's one of those stupid intangible nicknames that were common in the 90s and 00s. Outlaws would have been a great name for a Vegas team, but I don't think anyone equates the Mormon dominated Utah area as part of the Wild West. I still think Mammoth is the best name. Unique. Tangible. And would make a great logo.
  11. AtlantaHotWings

Rumors Thread

would this be a tad better if this were to happen Jake Walman – Moritz Seider Jakob Chychrun – Simon Edvinsson Albert Johansson – Ben Chiaro Petry
  12. LeftWinger

Rumors Thread

Ya, I didn't like that, but Johansson will be in the mix too. Also, I'd probably offer the 25 (protected) 1st instead of the 24. But I believe Chychrun is an upgrade to our D. I guess we'll see what Yzerman does. Chychrun would make our team younger, so that would fit into what Yzerman was saying in his press conference.
  13. TLGTrico

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

So the team stats page on nhl.com has us above Washington...
  14. Scott R Lucidi

Rumors Thread

Yuck
  15. Scott R Lucidi

Toronto vs. Boston

We only have matzah balls
  16. AtlantaHotWings

Rumors Thread

The suggested D from article Jake Walman – Moritz Seider Jakob Chychrun – Jeff Petry Simon Edvinsson – Ben Chiarot ouch
  17. AtlantaHotWings

Toronto vs. Boston

Who are our bowling balls?
  18. Yesterday
  19. Motor City Mullets

RIP Bob - man with the iconic HNIC voice.
  20. mackel

Rumors Thread

Legit or BS?
  21. Scott R Lucidi

Rumors Thread

No thanks. 2 good assets for an asset that is MORE of what we DON'T NEED. We need PHYSICAL players that generate offense. This guy is another MINUS MACHINE. Hard Pass.
  22. LeftWinger

Rumors Thread

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/red-wings-senators-chychrun-trade-rumors/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3SnozH4BHbqojqLdzurV7cHeUB4X6Cw_qcZhepc2Bzb9xff6_KIf8Fm9M_aem_AX8zgJMTZQsLYp0YQHjz9g3sf5bWwd9tP66WP1cHT1sq_7n3GiBH2kmqsdwC1ziXLTLBOUfbD9Dk6OxPOnXHUYMd In a heartbeat! Cliff notes: to DET : Chychrun to OTT : Maatta 2024 1st.
  23. Mckinley25

Toronto vs. Boston

I was surprised a few times that Boston wasn’t penalized.
  24. Scott R Lucidi

Toronto vs. Boston

Carolina is exceedingly annoying at this. They just constantly slam their sticks down on the sticks of their opponents. You can hear it the entire f v cking game. The problem with the Red Wings is that the GM and coach are too dumb to have a plan for this type of team that differs from the plan against Columbus. They enter every single game doing the exact same thing. When you play teams that are hard on the forecheck and constantly slash and hook, you have to bring a 2 bangers into the game and have them wreck shop for the first 10 minutes. Once the other teams know that the bowling balls are coming, they tend to get a little more focused on not getting smashed. That helps them to UNfocus on slashing gloves/sticks, and grabbing jerseys. The Red Wings don't understand the knife to a gun fight thing. It's frustrating.
  25. Scott R Lucidi

Rumors Thread

Kane was spotted getting shown a 4.25 million dollar house over off Long Lake Rd today. Hmmmmm
  26. LeftWinger

Patrick Kane IS a Detroit Red Wing

If there's a fit he'll be back. I hope they find a fit.
  27. LeftWinger

Legend!
  28. Jimmybigrigs69

Utah... Yetis?

Youre joking but this is exactly how corporate teams are these days. Like Karaken rum being anncounced as the official drink/liquor of the Seattle team b4 they even announced the name.
  1. Load more activity