• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Here is an article on TSN that states the Wings have interest. Two points stuck out to me.

1. Bertuzzi needs to show he's healthy enough to contribute

2. The Panthers asking price might not be be too steep because of Bertuzzi's limited playing time this year (my guess is 1st rounder and mid-level prospect)

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Here is an article on TSN that states the Wings have interest. Two points stuck out to me.

1. Bertuzzi needs to show he's healthy enough to contribute

2. The Panthers asking price might not be be too steep because of Bertuzzi's limited playing time this year (my guess is 1st rounder and mid-level prospect)

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

if they are SERIOUSLY willing to deal Bertuzzi for a prospect and draft pick then i am ALL for it.

I'm thinking about how I felt when we got Chelios at first, and this is a hundred times worse. Plus there's no Bowman to reign him in like he did with Chellie. Well, if we want the rivalry to start with Colorado again, this is definitely one way to do it.

Yuck.

Every Wings fan older than 10 years old wants a big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch. Those players aren't exactly a dime a dozen, so I am not gonna say, "I want a big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch, but a different big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch."

Bert is UFA after this season, right?

I know he is a good player, but I can't stand him for what he did to Moore, and how he behaved in the aftermath.

I really hope that the Wings don't get him.

How was it that he behaved in the aftermath?

I would say lets wait til he's healthy and how he produces. A 1st rounder and a prospect seems kind of steep for a playoff rental. Granted, the type of player Bertuzzi is would be solid in the playoffs, I would say a 1st rounder should suffice. It pains me to deal away a 1st rounder, even for someone like Bertuzzi because that is our future we're dealing away.

How was it that he behaved in the aftermath?

If I ever cripple somebody, even inadvertently, I hope that i'd be man enough and own up to it, and pay the appropriate damages to the victim. Especially if I could afford them, like Bertuzzi can. You do realize that Moore still haven't seen a dime from Bertuzzi, right?

I'm thinking about how I felt when we got Chelios at first, and this is a hundred times worse. Plus there's no Bowman to reign him in like he did with Chellie. Well, if we want the rivalry to start with Colorado again, this is definitely one way to do it.

Yuck.

I probably would have agreed with you at one point. But one thing I'm proud of as a Detroit fan in general is that athletes with a history can come to Detroit and get a second chance. Rasheed Wallace and Kenny Rogers, etc. Guys have rebuilt their reputations in Detroit because the fans have told them, "Hey, we don't care about what happened in the past. Be a team player and play your hardest, and all that stuff is forgotten." It's something I definitely buy into. Why not see if the same can happen with Bertuzzi?

You nancy's who don't want Bertuzzi on this team are out of your mind. This guy is what this team needs. Forget all the Steve Moore bulls***. I am so tired of people bringing that incident up. I could care less what happened with him and Steve Moore. I was completely shocked to see it happen, and was just as disgusted as you were, but the Red Wings going deep into the playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to me than what happened to some schmo Avs player 3 years ago.

We keep hearing people saying that we need a big, tough, scoring winger on this team. Well, here is the guy. And now that we have someone in mind people are saying no.

BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS!!!

I probably would have agreed with you at one point. But one thing I'm proud of as a Detroit fan in general is that athletes with a history can come to Detroit and get a second chance. Rasheed Wallace and Kenny Rogers, etc. Guys have rebuilt their reputations in Detroit because the fans have told them, "Hey, we don't care about what happened in the past. Be a team player and play your hardest, and all that stuff is forgotten." It's something I definitely buy into. Why not see if the same can happen with Bertuzzi?

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.

You nancy's who don't want Bertuzzi on this team are out of your mind. This guy is what this team needs. Forget all the Steve Moore bulls***. I am so tired of people bringing that incident up. I could care less what happened with him and Steve Moore. I was completely shocked to see it happen, and was just as disgusted as you were, but the Red Wings going deep into the playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to me than what happened to some schmo Avs player 3 years ago.

We keep hearing people saying that we need a big, tough, scoring winger on this team. Well, here is the guy. And now that we have someone in mind people are saying no.

BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS!!!

I would hope that the Wings would have enough class in their organization, to refuse to hire an unrepentant violent criminal, however good a player he is. I certainly would have hard time rooting for them, when Bertuzzi is on the ice wearing red.

There is no way in hell I'd continue to watch this team if Holland gets Todd cheapshot Bertuzzi. What he did to Moore was probably the worst thing you can do to another guy, and he had zero remorse for it after it happened. There is no way I'd want to see him on this team, and hopefully Holland doesn't sign him. Let him stay in Florida golfing.

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.

Exactly what I think.

I would hope that the Wings would have enough class in their organization, to refuse to hire an unrepentant violent criminal, however good a player he is. I certainly would have hard time rooting for them, when Bertuzzi is on the ice wearing red.

grow up man, he took a cheap shot that ultimately cost him. You dont think Chelly ever took a cheap shot on anyone? He might not have hurt them like Bertuzzi did, but to not watch the wings because we acquire Bertuzzi is ridiculous. I remember when we traded for Chelly so many people said that they would never watch the wings, and look what happened, Chelly ended up playing for us for 7 years. Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.

The nice thing about taking Bert is that we wouldn't be giving up very much to get him. I think he's cleaned up his ways a lot since the whole Moore incident. I just hope that we manage to keep hudler and filpulla some how, I really like these kids.