• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Wings acquire Kyle Calder in 3-way deal

Rate this topic

Maybe 3 years of Holland doing s*** to pick up the players I want and having the 3 early playoff exits have caused me to be jaded but I am actually very excited about this trade. It shows me that maybe, just maybe Holland realizes that we're missing something on our roster. Now if we could somehow land a player like Todd Bertuzzi with some speed I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Edited by Never_Retire_Steve

Honestly though I love Jason as a person and it's sad to see him go. You get attached to players whether you think they are great or not.

Yeah, I liked WIlliams too, as a person. But ever since his concussion, he has just looked uninspirated and lazy. Now whether it was due to the concussion or not, I don't know. But what I do know, is that he has really been struggling this year. Even when Cleary and Lang were racking up the points, Williams really wasn't.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Ladies and Gentlemen......we acquired Jason Williams 2.0

Minus the contract that runs through next year.

This is a good trade for the Wings. Williams is useless. This opens up cap space and a roster spot for next year.

The -31 is a little scary, but the guy was on the flyers. I'm assuming his ice time will come down here, and his linemates should be more defensively responsible.

And as many others have mentioned, Williams off the point and off the books is a positive.

EDIT: I kept thinking he was on the blackhawks too, not the flyers. Which is even worse.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Its official , watch this be our ONLY deal

hahaha -- I know it's not funny because I said the exact same thing. But all I can do is laugh. I guess it's better than crying.

From his stats, Calder is no better or worse than Williams. I don't understand why the deal was even made????

The -31 is a little scary, but the guy was on the flyers. I'm assuming his ice time will come down here, and his linemates should be more defensively responsible.

And as many others have mentioned, Williams off the point and off the books is a positive.

EDIT: I kept thinking he was on the blackhawks too, not the flyers. Which is even worse.

jesus.....-31......thats a bit more then scary.

hahaha -- I know it's not funny because I said the exact same thing. But all I can do is laugh. I guess it's better than crying.

From his stats, Calder is no better or worse than Williams. I don't understand why the deal was even made????

Costs? UFA status?? Anyone know what they are?

Minus the contract that runs through next year.

This is a good trade for the Wings. Williams is useless. This opens up cap space and a roster spot for next year.

Exactly. Even if he is the exact player Williams is, the Wings just rid themselves of a years worth of that contract.

Calder is a UFA at the end of this season, and Williams isn't until the end of the 08 season.

Costs? UFA status?? Anyone know what they are?

shakeup to the Wings 2nd line which was close to crap for quite a long time.

it came for zero cost for the Wings here (Calder is slightly more expensive

but it does close to nothing to our budget) and we have a forward who can

put new life into Lang and Cleary (when he comes back).

taking into account the fact that Willie was pretty much our single trade asset,

this is supposed to be our roster for incoming playoffs. seems like there were

no better Holland could do

His -31 will be -15 at the end of the season.

This move was one step towards better playoff-Wings. Tricky puckmover traded to energized hard-worker. Just what we needed. Calder will be another Cleary, not Williams.

Now get Guerin.