• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Wings acquire Kyle Calder in 3-way deal

Rate this topic

So basically J.Willy flew to Chicago with the Wings but doesn't get to come back? So he's gonna be in a Hawks jersey tomorrow? I wonder if Willy even knows. Enter scene:

Babs: Ok boys let's go the visiting locker room is this way. Erm, not so fast WIlly.

Williams: Wait what do you mean?

Babs: This is your new home buddy. We'll send your stuff later.

...It's like being abandoned by your parents... :ph34r:

:lol:

Yeah tell me about it. I'm getting a headache from all the bitching.

Tell me about it.

This was a REMARKABLE trade. It is so hard to move someone with that much money still on the contract. If you do not believe me look how it was a three team trade, which is a hard in itself. It was a monumental task and they picked up somebody who has nothing but upside.

Plus all we know he could be gone by tomarrow!

It is absurd to complain so much over a guy who already proved he doesn't fit.

I predict a top pick and one of our three stable D-men (not Jakub) getting moved for someone else. Though with the dropping costs, it might end up being a third pick for Bert.

God, you people are never happy, are you? "Williams sucks! He's horrible! Trade him for a bucket of pucks! For warm beer! For a bag of steaming seagull feces! Waive him! No hockey sense. Worthless on defense. Lazy. Can't skate. Can't shoot. Can't score. Worst player in the league." Start whole threads just to hate Williams. Kenny PLEASE PLEASE PLZ PLZ PLZZZZZZZZZZ do something!! Anything! Kenny sucks if he doesn't make a trade.

Now comes the possibility that Williams might be gone....not only that, but the possibility that Kenny exercised some creativity (i.e., three-team trade) to get it done, and improve on the offense, and half you people are bitching! Good Lord! Shut up!

Soooooo true

Now we should trade for Avery so they can be buddies. :P

As i said thats actually Mike Richards fighting Avery, not Calder.

Hey Mors, you better edit that post! We dont want people thinking we actually acquired a guy who fights!

This is exactly what its called, a trade, in a literal sense. Two players with equivalent roles have been switched. This is a low risk move by Holland, and one that should go without criticism. No need to worry unless this is the only move he's going to make, and I highly doubt that. Is anyone else thinking this is just a small move to make up for the loss of cleary?

The only thing Kyle Calder brings to the second line is a new face.

basically, yes. but this is at times enough. Calder has talent and now gets

his chance to display it on a quality team at last. it's up to him if he uses

the chance

coming of a horrible year on horrible team I'd say he is pretty much

expected to have inspiration to work hard. the sentence "comes out big

when necessary" of TSN report makes me rather optimistic about him.

if its' true then we have every reason to belive he'll rejuvenate Lang's

line

Who knows, though, maybe that will help. But I really don't think one can look at this deal and say that the Wings have really improved their secondary scoring.

talent-wise, stats-wise - not much, if ever. but I guess those "mental"

factors will play the role here. we'll see in a couple of days

I wonder if Cleary's injury prompted this move.

maybe. but the talking of weak 2nd line was there for a while. and with

deadling approaching there's not exactly how to talk about "prompting" :)

As i said thats actually Mike Richards fighting Avery, not Calder.

Hey Mors, you better edit that post! We dont want people thinking we actually acquired a guy who fights!

Good observation Lou, mishap removed. :thumbup:

This would have been a total steal for us if Calder was also an enforcer. :hehe:

I was first kind of shocked that this one went down since it is so unmonumental, but I have looked at some stats, contracts et cetera and feel this move doesn't help and it doesn't hurt. Overall it is not a trade to be praised or condemned, but a solid move none the less and I hope Calder can play well (with a new number of course) and as long as we make another move I will look back at this trade with pleasure.

can somebody explain me the logic of Wings trading for... LW? a 5-8, 180lbs left wing who is making 3M$ ???

TSN lists Calder at 5'11" 176 lbs,basically the same size as Williams.

Good observation Lou, mishap removed. :thumbup:

This would have been a total steal for us if Calder was also an enforcer. :hehe:

Hell yeah it would be a steal, i'd be doing backflips. It would be worth breaking my neck over.

He's an upgrade over Jason Williams, so I like the trade. Holland saw an opportunity to unload Willy, so it makes sense to pull the trigger. And he's small, which made the deal irresistable to Kenny.

I respectfully disagree.

I think there was probably some hesitation on Kenny's part given that though Calder is small, he's not European.

I'm late to the posting party, but I like this trade.

I'm late too. Overall this may benefit the wings slightly. Both are under-performing this year, but Williams had worn out my welcome at least. Maybe Calder will come with some energy. Besides we didn't want Williams contract the way he was playing.

Anyhow, I'm sure there will be more done before the end of the deadline.

Edited by clutchngrab

I'm looking forward to coming to Chicago and in being a major factor on the team. I'm happy to be going to a team that wants me and I'm looking forward to helping the Blackhawks,†said Williams.

You were on the 2nd line here and couldn't do sh*t this season!!

And we gave you every possible opportunity here (PP Point, Shootouts).

wtf?

I guess he has to say the right thing to make it sound like he's happy.

right. I used yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1969) but mistakenly

copied 5-8 instead of 5-11.

5-11 is better than 5-8, but still nothing major, though :)

It sure seems like Kenny went through a lot of effort to pull off a three way deal for a wash trade. I hope he focuses his energy on something that can bring a little more benefit or upside than a -31.

there isn't a whole lot to be had for Jason Williams. We lost nothing more than him in this particular trade. If this particular trade hadn't gone down we could've had the same team WITH jason williams. How is this current team now worse than it was before the trade?

there isn't a whole lot to be had for Jason Williams. We lost nothing more than him in this particular trade. If this particular trade hadn't gone down we could've had the same team WITH jason williams. How is this current team now worse than it was before the trade?

Its a better team because we just shed some useless contract money. That's important now-a-days.