• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Wings acquire Kyle Calder in 3-way deal

Rate this topic

What I don't get is why was Hussey called up? I mean Calder will just take Williams place..does this mean a trade is still in works? or does this mean that Hussey is just playing tommorow's game against Chicago because Calder can't make it to Detroit in time? That means we might play against Williams tommorrow..hmm an automatic 2 points! :P i know, i know..i probably jinxed it :hehe:

you know, I have to second what betterRED said earlier.

STFU people. Seriously. We just got rid of Williams.

Remember him?? the one everyone ******* about constantly. The one everyone wants traded.

WELL THEY JUST F*CKING TRADED HIM.

The Wings no longer have to pay his contract next year. And the guy they got to replace him may be the same, but his contract ends this season.

Who exactly did you think Williams would bring in???

I'm not sure that I particularly understand this deal. I realize Jason Williams' time in Detroit was drawing to a close, but I don't know what Kyle Calder really adds to our lineup. He's been just as weak offensively as Williams has this season, and I can't possibly imagine him scoring many goals with Robert Lang as his centre.

But as others have mentioned, I'm glad to finally have J-Will off the point. I didn't think he was as useless as some people here seem to believe, but honestly, having him quarter-back our power-play never made sense to me at all.

I'm not saying I'm upset over this deal, but it just doesn't seem like this will strengthen our lineup much at all for a Stanley Cup run.

And READ THE G*DD*MN THREAD!!!

Calder is a UFA at the end of this season. His salary is 2.95 million, the remainder of which the Wings will have to pay.

Wiliams had another season left on his contract at $1.6 million. So overall the Wings just got rid of a player everyone here wanted gone and saved themselves some money.

Amen..BRTD. Very well said.

Am I the only one that thinks Calder is a much better upgrade over Willy?

Honestly though I love Jason as a person and it's sad to see him go. You get attached to players whether you think they are great or not.

Nope i think he's an upgrade.. Welcome to the wings Calder :thumbup:

Remember him?? the one everyone ******* about constantly. The one everyone wants traded.

The Wings no longer have to pay his contract next year. And the guy they got to replace him may be the same, but his contract ends this season.

YES YES YES Y-E-S

not a bad move... this trade gets a :thumbup: from me

Okay, I'm not totally sold on him but being UFA vs. having time remaining on his contract makes sense to me. I'm not concerned about Calder's +/- because he was playing with Philly and as we all know, Philly sucks big toes this year.

I still think (hope?) there's another deal in the works. We still have 19 hours to go...

:clap: exactley.

Why are some of you dissing this trade? Give props to Holland. He upgraded over Willie. Calder isn't garbage. If on his game, and on the RIGHT team he can really make things happen. I'm all for this.

BTW, the Wings aren't done dealing. You can pretty much bank on that.

Although I realize this, I feel that's the kinda move you'd make at season's end as opposed to the trading deadline when you're gearing up for a Stanley Cup run.

...of course he'll have to reliquish his number. And he can't take '91'... or maybe he should...

As soon as I saw Calder's name on the waive list I had this sinking feeling. He was supposed to be all that back in his rookie year, I think we should give him a chance.

Worst case scenario: he performs exactly like Williams and Kenny paid practically nothing for it (Joey Mac's change in fact). Face it, he can't do any worse.

Edited by SpankEmRed

You're crazy.

The Wings at least would've had to throw in Lilja to get someone like Crosby. ;)

nope. Lilja himself would fetch us Malkin and some two 1st round picks. get real man :D

Well, before you start BITCHING at everyone for BITCHING, just remember that Holland promised a top 6 forward for the cup run.....and i'm sorry but Calder isn't even close...And this f*cking trade, as you call it, didn't make us any better for the cup run...

Although I realize this, I feel that's the kinda move you'd make at season's end as opposed to the trading deadline when you're gearing up for a Stanley Cup run.

Well, let's put it this way:

Willy wasn't working. Like, oh man, that s*** right there was broke.

The worst Calder can do now is retain its brokenness, with a chance of improving it.

Just as long as they still bring in some physical players....then theres nothing wrong with this trade. Im not complaining about Williams being traded...im just complaining about the type of player coming back. I wouldve hoped it'd be a banger, guess ill have to keep hope alive for tomorrow..

Uh...I guess put me in the camp that doesn't understand this trade. Williams hasn't been producing much this year but he played well last year, and Calder's current stats are much worse. So, how is this an improvement?

Seems to be a lot of hate on here for Williams, and I'm not sure I understand why.

How could we trade for Calder at the end of the season, seeing as how Calder would be a free agent at the end of the season?