• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
superstarsingh

Datsyuk Negotiations

Rate this topic

I will now write a letter to our GM:

Dear Ken Holland:

Please wait until after the playoffs to sign Pavel Datsyuk. If he has another bad playoffs and you give him 7 million, I and many others will be extremly disappointed. And I also plan to eat your face if you do this. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Kevin

:lol:

maybe with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

out of Datsyuk, Lang, Schneider and Maltby, i can only see resigning Dats. Lang has not done anything to show any reason to resign him. Schneider will be commanding way too much money plus we have some good young d-men like Kindl to bring up. Maltby although great as a defensive player has absolutely nothing offensively and with players like Draper, Franzen & Clearly i think we need to let go of Maltby and use his spot for some offense

Man, I'm squirming.

Datsyuk, Lang, Schneider, and Maltby should NOT be signed until after the playoffs. (edit: some of them should not be re-signed period)

Wait and see how they play in the post season.

If we had done that last year, we wouldn't have a team.

Sign Datsyuk now - or atleast begin negotiations so we're not down-to-the-wire after the season.

Someone mentioned something about resigning Markov. Do any of you know, if that may happen and if so, what price range he'd be looking at? I like watching him play (even though his offensive numbers aren't that great)

or alexander ovechkin, trust me, he's like a god in these parts :ph34r:

i still like how at the All-Stars Skills Competition he was like im really fast and then came in last place for speed skating. Oh and how he got a Family Size bag of potato chips. that was pretty funny.

Edited by mooose kiiisses

If we had done that last year, we wouldn't have a team.

What the hell are you talking about. Samuelson and Lilja were signed before last year's playoffs began. Sammy hasn't played in months because of his foot yet the team has played great, and Lilja doesn't play much at all. Neither player fared well against Edmonton, especially Lilja. He'd be gone just like Legace if he hadn't signed before the playoffs.

Both those guys are replacable.

We'd still have a team.

Sometimes I don't know about some of you people.

Whoever says that re-signing Schneider is a bad idea, well you're stupid. Sorry, but it really is that simple. Schnedier is having another career year, even with an injury that sidelined him for some time. If we can get Schneider back for the same salary or maybe even a little less, than why not? He may not be the best defensively, but think about it, he isn't that great defensively, yet we have one of the best defenses in the league. If Schneider wants a huge raise, he'll be gone, but otherwise, he'll be back.

Until Schneider's "career" numbers start carrying over to the post season then I'll have to call you stupid.

Also, defense wins championships, even in the new NHL. Things like blocking shots (like Edmoton did last year) clearing out the areas in front of your own net., and playing a reliable, smart, physical game are all part of it.

Schneider doesn't do any of this very well.

Sure he has great offensive numbers, but his money should be spent on a guy like Corey Sarich or Aaron Miller in the summer. Let Lidstrom, Kronwall, Lebda, and even Kindl (if he plays) make up for the Schneider loss.

Also, if the Wings had a legitimate scoring/sniper winger, and more of a down low presence, the power play could function without Schneider.

Edited by rick zombo

swedelundin, it really is nice that you like everyone currently on the red wings roster and want to resign everyone, unfortunately the nhl has a salary cap. The wings cant afford to resign bertuzzi, datsyuk, maltby, schneider, calder, and lang.

rick zombo, you are absolutely correct about schneider. ill take a cory sarich or vitally vishnevsky, who are both free agents, in the playoffs over schneider any day.

If Dats will come back at the right price, I would welcome him back. I really want to see Calder back next year. He's exactly the type of player we need. Bertuzzi remains to be seen how he does this season, but if the price is right, bring him back too.

swedelundin, it really is nice that you like everyone currently on the red wings roster and want to resign everyone, unfortunately the nhl has a salary cap. The wings cant afford to resign bertuzzi, datsyuk, maltby, schneider, calder, and lang.

They could if they all took paycuts (which is the most likely for Maltby, Schneider, and perhaps Calder). That, and if Datsyuk wasn't a greedy bastard about the money he wants. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am implying that I'm not a big Datsyuk fan right now. If he wants his money, show me something in the playoffs.

This sounds like good news, I have my fingers crossed.

Yes, I am implying that I'm not a big Datsyuk fan right now. If he wants his money, show me something in the playoffs.

Oh and KP why don't you show me something in the playoffs, shooting your mouth off about a player that has a 5 game point streak going. I love how everyone is a coach on here. Yes he needs to bring his game in the post season but that is no excuse for people to come on here and act like they are the ones signing the checks and running the team.

He'll be signed or not signed according to Ken Hollands judgement, it doesen't matter what he shows YOU in the playoffs KP. your a fan sit back and watch

Edited by WingNutt

I think Pavel will stay if he gets the kind of money he thinks he deserves. This link suggests that they got closer. However if he doesn't get what he wants from Holland then I don't think that his chemistry with Hank will prevent him from hitting the free agent market. This also doesn't imply that he is greedy (like some posters here stated), I think most players in their prime are looking for a big contract if they see the chance to get it.

Again with the "trade schneider" talk...please. None of our supposed "good, young defense prospects" who are all supposedly better than Schneider have proven anything, in particular Kronwall, who has been incredibly inconsistent the past few months.

...but you're right...let's dump our second best defenseman, 48 points and +/- 11 is pretty weak, besides we've got Lilja and Kronwall on the job. ^^

Honestly, I'm open to realistic ideas, but saying we'll just bring up some guys from Grand Rapids to replace him is not giving him enough credit.

Oh and KP why don't you show me something in the playoffs, shooting your mouth off about a player than has a 5 game point streak going. I love how everyone is a coach on here. Yes he needs to bring his game in the post season but that is no excuse for people to come on here and act like they are the ones signing the checks and running the team.

He'll be signed or not signed according to Ken Hollands judgement, it doesen't matter what he shows YOU in the playoffs KP. your a fan sit back and watch

Why are you making such a big deal about what I said? Because I don't feel that Datsyuk deserves that kind of money? So what? It's my own opinion, I can say what I want about him. And besides that, it's not like I'm the only one who has posted something negatively about Datsyuk here. So don't start the namecalling just at me.

And I hate to tell you, but I'm not an NHL player. So I can't exactly show you anything in the playoffs. Maybe if you come watch me in my senior league though... :P

Why are you making such a big deal about what I said? Because I don't feel that Datsyuk deserves that kind of money? So what? It's my own opinion, I can say what I want about him. And besides that, it's not like I'm the only one who has posted something negatively about Datsyuk here. So don't start the namecalling just at me.

And I hate to tell you, but I'm not an NHL player. So I can't exactly show you anything in the playoffs. Maybe if you come watch me in my senior league though... :P

Ok I may have over-reacted alitte but I am getting tired of all the Datsyuk is on fire now but I still don't like him because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs, its just getting really old to me. I applogise for blowing up on you, The point I was trying to make about lets see you show me something in the playoffs is I don't think people should judge others so severe on something that they can't do better than the person whom they are judging.

Like I said before though He will step it up this year and hopefully you will feel different about everything, and then we can both be celebrating in a Stanley Cup Championship and/or Datsyuk resigned thread.

Edited by WingNutt

Ok I may have over-reacted alitte but I am getting tired of all the Datsyuk is on fire now but I still don't like him because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs, its just getting really old to me. I applogise for blowing up on you, The point I was trying to make about lets see you show me something in the playoffs is I don't think people should judge others so severe on something that they can't do better than the person whom they are judging.

Like I said before though He will step it up this year and hopefully you will feel different about everything, and then we can both be celebrating in a Stanley Cup Championship and/or Datsyuk resigned thread.

Getting really old to you? You'll always be a step behind the people that feel his annual spring no-show is getting a tad bit old...

Detroit Red Wings

NHL Age '06-07 '07-08 '08-09 '09-10 '10-11 '11-12 '12-13

Nicklas Lidstrom, D

37 7,600 7,600

# $ Todd Bertuzzi, RW

32 5,269 5,269 5,269 5,269 7600

# $ Pavel Datsyuk, C

28 3,900 4,700 4,700 4,700 4,700 4,700

$ Robert Lang, C

36 3,800 2,900

# $ Mathieu Schneider, D

38 3,300 2,900

# $ Kyle Calder, LW

28 2,950 2,500

Henrik Zetterberg, C

26 2,600 2,700 2,900

# $ Danny Markov, D

30 2,500 2,700

Kris Draper, C

36 2,128 2,128

Tomas Holmstrom, RW 34 1,501 2,500 2,500 2,500

Jiri Fischer, D

26 1,444 NS

# $ Kirk Maltby, LW

34 1,368 1,000

Mikael Samuelsson, RW 30 1,200 1,200 1,200 TDP

Niklas Kronwall, D

26 1,140 3,000 3,000 3,000 3,000 3,000 3000

Andreas Lilja, D

31 1,000 1,000 TDP

Chris Osgood, G

34 900 800

# $ Chris Chelios, D

45 850 750

Johan Franzen, LW

27 775 900 1,150

# $ Dominik Hasek, G

42 750 750

Valtteri Filppula, C

23 710 850

Daniel Cleary, C

28 650 675

Brett Lebda, D

25 550 550 650 850

$Jiri Hudler, RW

23 525 600 750 750

Josh Langfeld, RW

29 525 NS

Matt Ellis, LW

25 450 NS

$ Tomas Kopecky, LW

25 450 450

Matt Hussey, C

28 450 NS

Minor League Age '06-07 '07-08 '08-09 '09-10 '10-11 '11-12 '12-13

Jimmy Howard, G

22 710 850

Evan McGrath, C

21 600 650 650

Stefan Liv, G

26 575

Jonathan Ericsson, D

22 515 475

Kyle Quincey, D

21 510 535

Dan Smith, D

30 500

Darryl Bootland, RW

25 475

Brad Norton, D

32 450

Derek Meech, D

22 450

Logan Koopmans, G

22 450

Eric Himelfarb, C

24 450

Brendan Brooks, C

28 450

NS= Means not to resign

TDP= mean Trade to dump payroll

# = Should be Resigned

$ = I added their Payroll and the years

total 43,322

That point is moot IMO because nobody here (unless there are hidden Red Wing posters) has or will ever play NHL hockey I think. If that was the case, this forum would be dull and very quiet, b/c we wouldn't be able to judge anybody, according to your rules.

We all want him to do well in the playoffs and yes he's been playing well lately, but the no-show in the playoffs will ALWAYS come up until he produces, whether you like it or not.

I don't really get why you get all up in arms about this when it's a fairly hot topic with everybody and it's not like everybody is just blatantly bashing him left/right. It's just a simple fact.

Even Datsyuk, while he might not say it out loud, will probably admit he needs to do better in the postseason IMO.

Again with the "trade schneider" talk...please. None of our supposed "good, young defense prospects" who are all supposedly better than Schneider have proven anything, in particular Kronwall, who has been incredibly inconsistent the past few months.

...but you're right...let's dump our second best defenseman, 48 points and +/- 11 is pretty weak, besides we've got Lilja and Kronwall on the job. ^^

Honestly, I'm open to realistic ideas, but saying we'll just bring up some guys from Grand Rapids to replace him is not giving him enough credit.

In my opinion the wings would be better off signing a Scott Hartnell, who is 24 years old with the schneider money. Our defense will be able to survive without Schneider, while our forwards, even with Bertuzzi, and Calder are still a little weak to make a long post season run.

Take a look at the teams that have come out of the west the past 3 seasons. All Edmonton had was Pronger, Anaheim didnt have much on defense and neither did Calgary. What those 3 teams did have on defense, however was defensive defensemen.

We could survive with somehting like Lidstrom, Kronwall, Lebda, Sarich, Chelios, Quincey

I look at all of this a little differently.

Regardless of how poorly he might do in the playoffs, I'm not sure the Wings even get there without Datsyuk. You need someone to score goals in the regular season, too. Between him and Zetterberg, the Wings can expect to win most nights. The playoff failures of Datsyuk partly owe to his style, but they're not helped by the team's one dimensional hockey style. If they had a few more bangers and put a decent power forward on his line, he might have a little more room to make plays. Personally, I would like to see how he plays with Zetterberg and Homer in a playoff series. But regardless, even if he sucks again in the playoffs, he's essential to their offense over the course of 82 games. I say keep him, regardless. I think the Wings can improve their goal scoring without necessarily adding pure goal scorers. Just add a little versatility to the roster.

Keep Schneider, too, unless you have a serious replacement in line with a great shot. The Wings PP and offense in general is so dependent on a great point shot. Maybe Bertuzzi will help with a down low threat or they'll acquire another scoring winger to take the pressure of Schneider. But this team, as it stands, would have problems scoring without Schneider. He's terrible at times and lacking in a lot of areas. But aside from Lidstrom and Schneider, none of the other defensemen can generate any scoring. Chelios can't even get a shot through to the goalie. Kronwall may have a great future, but right now he's a disappointment. He can't score to save his life and he looks like he's hit some kind of wall this season. Lebda is no offensive threat, either.

Maltby is garbage right now. He's not playing with an edge, at least not consistently. He's really been hurt by the loss of McCarty and the absence of a real tough guy on his line. He was free to play his under your skin style, hit and agitate before, knowing Mac had his back. But he's a different player today, lacking intensity and generally avoiding the physical stuff. And yeah, he's not getting any younger.

Detroit Red Wings

NHL Age '06-07 '07-08 '08-09 '09-10 '10-11 '11-12 '12-13

# $ Todd Bertuzzi, RW

32 5,269 5,269 5,269 5,269 7600

# $ Pavel Datsyuk, C

28 3,900 4,700 4,700 4,700 4,700 4,700

Man, you are dreaming if you think Dats will sign for $4.7mil. Some people in this forum might think it being fair value but I bet there is no NHL team, which will pass on signing him for 5 (I am not saying it will be 5, my guess would be 5.5 - 6).

Also paying more to Bertuzzi than too Dats?

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan

Getting really old to you? You'll always be a step behind the people that feel his annual spring no-show is getting a tad bit old...

Maybe so.....but the people who constantly gripe about the same crap since game one of the season are the most annoying. I don't see the point in posting the same thing over and over again.