• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shadow47

Babs calls out Hasek...what gives?

Rate this topic

Players get called out by there coaches all the time, I usually makes a player step up there game a little. I'm in full support of babs on this one, Hasek has been known to do some dumb things at times such as diving, koncking the net off its moorings on purpose, leaving the net and getting trapped and having to give the puck to the other team.

way to go babs! :clap:

Right. Hasek's been lousy this season and needs to step it up. :rolleyes:

All goalies do this stuff. See Patrick Roy for examples of creative net-displacement at opportune times, see any goalie in the league for well-timed dives. Hasek didn't invent any of it.

Babcock's comments revealed his frustration over the two straight losses, featuring no offensive effort and constant penalties on the team, compounded by injuries. Unfortunately he left out (or the media did) the fact that Hasek kept them in both games and gave them a chance to win.

Hasek's error was just the last straw for Babcock, and the load landed on Dom. Babcock lost his temper and Dom was in the way. I doubt that it will happen again, in either case.

it's true and you know it. :lol:

It's true only because other players are called out all the time. Dom gets called up and everyone starts whining that no one should critisize Dom for his flopping. And a whole thread is started about the outrage...when really, who cares about that one little comment.

Hasek does not suck at all, but is not above reproach...when other goalies do boneheaded things THEY get called out by the coach. In my opinion, good for Babs, if Dom got off free wouldn't it make Babs look like he was playing favroites...

This is better proof than ever that Dom is in because he's good, and is not above reproach. I like to see it. Dom will think twice before doing that again...and will, naturally still be #1...no harm done.

Right. Hasek's been lousy this season and needs to step it up. :rolleyes:

All goalies do this stuff. See Patrick Roy for examples of creative net-displacement at opportune times, see any goalie in the league for well-timed dives. Hasek didn't invent any of it.

Babcock's comments revealed his frustration over the two straight losses, featuring no offensive effort and constant penalties on the team, compounded by injuries. Unfortunately he left out (or the media did) the fact that Hasek kept them in both games and gave them a chance to win.

Hasek's error was just the last straw for Babcock, and the load landed on Dom. Babcock lost his temper and Dom was in the way. I doubt that it will happen again, in either case.

<_< I didn't mean to say that Hasek needed to step it up, He has been awesome this whole season, He is a goaltender that likes to win for his team, he gets very upset when he lets in lots of goals or a few cheap ones and usually comes back the next game he plays and dose phenomenal, Example: Game at Boston, Hasek was in net, Lost 6-1, Next game he played was Nashville at JLA he was AWESOME! all I'm saying is Players respond to getting called out by coaches...MOST of the time in a positive way for the team...and I am WELL aware of the cheating ways of Roy, many a hole was punched in my family room wall when Roy got away with that bull crap!

Wow Hasek made one mistake in the game, he dove and cost us a goal, big whoop. Last time I checked he only let 2 goals in the game and we took 5 penalties. And I am pretty sure its hard to win a game when your team only scores one goal for you, and takes alot of penalties and what not.

Edited by Salviaman

It's true only because other players are called out all the time. Dom gets called up and everyone starts whining that no one should critisize Dom for his flopping. And a whole thread is started about the outrage...when really, who cares about that one little comment.

Hasek does not suck at all, but is not above reproach...when other goalies do boneheaded things THEY get called out by the coach. In my opinion, good for Babs, if Dom got off free wouldn't it make Babs look like he was playing favroites...

This is better proof than ever that Dom is in because he's good, and is not above reproach. I like to see it. Dom will think twice before doing that again...and will, naturally still be #1...no harm done.

see, Offsides, you are smarter than most and understand there is some sort of balance to this. I don't think anyone's saying Dom shouldn't be criticized when he makes a mistake and it costs the team. He knows it. He probably doesn't need his nose rubbed in it in the media to get the point -- but when a coach kicks that door open by airing his frustration to the press rather than to the player in private, it was to be expected. Maybe that's what Babcock was after, I don't know. I doubt it.

I also don't know that I've seen a coach throw one of his star players under the bus like this recently, either, but you're probably correct that it has happened.

I don't think it matters if it's a 'star' player or not. I don't even think Babs comments were 'that' bad. He usually comes out, gives credit where due, gives critisism where due. Says it how he sees it.

It's only a really big deal because people are making it a big deal. Maybe he shouldn't say it in front of the media...maybe everyone is right on that, but then he shouldn't for all players. So in fairness, I think it was good that he didn't in essense single Dom out by NOT mentioning his mistake. It would be bad if he started putting players above others...at times I think he has done that anyway, but it's good to see that he'll call out a 'star' if he thinks that needs to happen.

I'm telling you...as an Ozzie fan, that you'd be hardpressed to hear something pleasant about Ozzie coming out of Babs mouth. Not to say it doesn't happen, but he's heavy on the critisism light on the praise even in very good games. I think he coaches with a heavy hand to get results.

If saying it in front of the media motivates his goalie, then he did the right thing.

Hasek is a really polarizing figure. He seems to get less credit than he deserves sometimes. But the people who defend him tend to lose touch with reality, too.

I don't think it matters if it's a 'star' player or not. I don't even think Babs comments were 'that' bad. He usually comes out, gives credit where due, gives critisism where due. Says it how he sees it.

It's only a really big deal because people are making it a big deal. Maybe he shouldn't say it in front of the media...maybe everyone is right on that, but then he shouldn't for all players. So in fairness, I think it was good that he didn't in essense single Dom out by NOT mentioning his mistake. It would be bad if he started putting players above others...at times I think he has done that anyway, but it's good to see that he'll call out a 'star' if he thinks that needs to happen.

I'm telling you...as an Ozzie fan, that you'd be hardpressed to hear something pleasant about Ozzie coming out of Babs mouth. Not to say it doesn't happen, but he's heavy on the critisism light on the praise even in very good games. I think he coaches with a heavy hand to get results.

Well put. :clap:

horrible timing. I guess this was not a harsh remark and Babcock did not make it a clear critique, which would be rather unsmart with such ego like Hasek.

and the fact that both Canadian media (read TSN which passionately hates Red Wings) and Mullet (another Wings "lover") blow it our of proportion does not wonder me at all. these jerks will do everything to stirr things up around the Red Wings before playoffs. most certainly if they do look as they could play Flames (TSN here) or Dives (Mullet).

I don't think it's a major issue here. let this ******* throw crap at Wings, we'll have the last laugh

Babcock's right but he should left it in the dressing room. No need to embarrass Dom in public.

I think Babcock tried that method the first half-dozen times Hasek has embellished contact in the crease this season and it never seemed to get through to him. I don't think he had any other recourse because the "behind closed doors" method clearly wasn't working.

Our power play has been bad for the last two games. In the several games before that, it was roaring. I don't exactly know what you're talking about, as such. Nice attempt to massively generalize in your drive toward a black and white, negative conclusion.

In the end, Hasek isn't perfect. This is naturally true. However, he's a whole lot less imperfect than almost every other goalie out there, and that's what counts. I daresay we could say the same thing about Osgood.

Thank you. I do strive to make nice attempts - I feel I owe it to your myopia.

Lets do some math (you ready?):

Our GA is identical to last year.

Our 5 on 5 GF% is identical to last year.

Last year we avg 1.24 PPG a game - ranked 1st.

This year we avg 0.86 PPG a game - currently ranked 17th where we've languished most of the season (this could be tempered by the number of .70 PP opps less than last year)/

Our GF is .50 less than last year.

So to recap, we're scoring the same 5 on 5 this year as last, we're giving up the same amount as last year, we're scoring one -half goal less a game, and coincidentally we're scoring one-half goal less on the PP. So while you see a 'roaring' PP, I see a PP that has been our achilles heel all season long. You may interept such as a 'negative conclusion' - to me its just an observation......

Well said. :clap:

I will never get over how polarized we are when it comes to goalies here.

:lol: You ain't lying! You should of seen how it was last season! I don't think any fans of any other team in the NHL are more hard on their goalies than Red Wing fans. Nothing is ever good enough.

Props to Babcock for calling Dom out. Calgary is a stingy defensive team, and Hasek's dumbass dive ended up costing the Wings the game. Hasek is veteran and should know better, firstly it is a ******* embarrassment to the team when a player dives like that. Secondly, it was not even close to being a penalty.

I watched the game on Tuesday and Hasek's play disgusted me. Babcock is a great coach and he is just what the wings need, someone who wont stand for bulls*** no matter how many cups and trophies you have on your resume.

Whether or not Hasek helps the wings to a cup this year, i pray that disease is gone next year. Time to bring in someone else.

Props to Babcock for calling Dom out. Calgary is a stingy defensive team, and Hasek's dumbass dive ended up costing the Wings the game. Hasek is veteran and should know better, firstly it is a ******* embarrassment to the team when a player dives like that. Secondly, it was not even close to being a penalty.

I watched the game on Tuesday and Hasek's play disgusted me. Babcock is a great coach and he is just what the wings need, someone who wont stand for bulls*** no matter how many cups and trophies you have on your resume.

Whether or not Hasek helps the wings to a cup this year, i pray that disease is gone next year. Time to bring in someone else.

:rolleyes:

And ya'll think the Hasek supporters over-react? Puh-leeze...

PS - forgive me if you're being sarcastic yzerfan1999. Otherwise, take a pill or something. :cool:

His play disgusted you? Wowza. Hasek kept the Wings in the game early on with some great saves. The game isn't his fault. Mistakes happen..but that wasn't the reason they lost.

Just like I said in the GDT... here is my recap of this "incident":

HASEK: Oops I goofed.

BABCOCK [To media]: Yeah, he goofed.

MEDIA: OMGNOWAIWTFBBQ!!!!11!!shift+1!!11 IPB Image

PSYDUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

His play disgusted you? Wowza. Hasek kept the Wings in the game early on with some great saves. The game isn't his fault. Mistakes happen..but that wasn't the reason they lost.

I am especially fond of the "disease" reference, myself. Good heavens... :rolleyes:

Just like I said in the GDT... here is my recap of this "incident":

HASEK: Oops I goofed.

BABCOCK [To media]: Yeah, he goofed.

MEDIA: OMGNOWAIWTFBBQ!!!!11!!shift+1!!11 IPB Image

You win the thread. :lol:

That's probably the best way to sum up this entire debacle.

Yeah! Hasek's stupid play and poor offensive effort caused the Wings score only two goals in two games! Get rid of this embarrassment to the team!!!

:crazy:

Ok people, let's put down our envelope openers, step away from our computers (without the envelope openers) and realize how ridiculous this thread is and how we sound.

Babcock is the head coach and can call out anybody he chooses, good/bad. That's his job.

Hasek is not above criticism, as is any other player on the Red Wings.

Hasek made a brainfart and embilished.

Babcock called him on it, they both talked about it, they understand each other.

Hasek for better/worse will continue to take chances like that b/c he's an aggressive player, despite it maybe being annoying.

The media is not out to 'get' Hasek or print a 50-page biography on him unless he does something retarded like whip somebody in the crotch, a la Eddie Belfour.

There is nothing to read into the situation, so let's all just put a sock in this and quit overreacting from both sides of the argument and making a big deal out of nothing.

I swear, I fear what the reaction of some might be when you realize something simple in life, like how water has no color.