• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Datsyuk Signs 7-year, $46.9M Contract Extension

Rate this topic

Savard, Tanguay, Nylander, Langkow, Horcoff, McDonald, Arnott, Briere, Koivu, Gomez, Sedin, Reinprecht, Jokinen, Handzus, York are all first-line centers near Dats' age who make less than that.

Modano, Cammalleri, Weight, Crosby, Holik, Staal, Spezza, Sutherby are those guys out of his age range that make less than 5.5m

Fedorov, Sakic, Sundin, Yashin are guys outside of his age range who make more than 5.5m

Lecavalier and Thornton are only ones in Dats' age range making more than 5.5m.

Is Dats closer to Thornton (6.667m) or Briere/Savard/Gomez (5m). I am going to say the latter.

[/font]

Eva, you know better than lumping RFAs and capped rookies together with UFAs. And a 5-year contract is supposed to pay higher per year than the 1 year one.

Edited by sibiriak

I wouldn't be surprised if FSN shows the P.C. I remember when Hasek signed they had one without warning. It will come up as Breaking News and then after return to regular broadcast.

Wow. :crazy: The 1270 update guy referred to Datsyuk as a "veteran blueliner."

He also said there was no rule on how much one player on any given team can make. These guys should have kept Art around!! <_<

GG Hall! Way to call it buddy. :D

Who's that? Adam Hall? :P

I have been one of Dats biggest critics of the past few years, hence the sig, but I can honestly admit he has been realy matured and come into his own. This signing really excites me. Since December he has showed, both with and without Hank, that he can contribute offensively and lead the team. He has improved dramatically defensively! I have no reservations in saying Dats will produce in the playoffs this year. He has turned me into a believer. I've been meaning to change the sig, but was apprehensive until after he signed or left, so now it looks like it's time to change.

Time to sign Calder and Bert to give Hank, Dats, and Flip a supporting cast that can deliver. I'm so excited for the future of this team. Thank Lord Stanley I have season tickets. Now I just have to figure out how to afford them year and year out.

"The contract is believed to be a six or seven year agreement that will pay Datsyuk between $6 and 7 million per season."

If this is true, I feel the Wings overpaid for him without any playoff proof. We'll see what happens.

As HOH says, I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

ouch..hope they're wrong about 6-7 mill..wouldn't mind the 7 year contract though

$6 million wouldn't consern me, but 7-years would.

Well if TSN says 6-7 years, when we know it's 5, I wouldn't put to much stock into their money figure.

Agreed. Kulfan from Detroit News is closer to this situation and he's reporting 5 years. TSN sounds like they're guessing.

Eva, you know better than lumping RFAs and capped rookies together with UFAs. And a 5-year contract is supposed to pay higher per year than the 1 year one.

I was answering the question about first line centers in Dats' age range who make less than 5.5m

It was simpler to use who plays on the first line than the top 30 centers--but you have to consider that I also left off guys like Marleau and Comrie who are first-line caliber, in Dats' age range, and make less than 5.5m