• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mwagner468

what would it take to get vinny lecavalier?

Rate this topic

Thats too much for Vinny at this point. Vinnys great and all, but theres no way you get Higgins AND Price AND Markov. Not at this point. Thats basically trading a possible 1st line forward/current top 6 forward, a future #1 goaltender/current starting goalie, and a top pairing Dman, plus the highest pick you have, for Vinny.

I think Tampa would be best to get a Latendresse + Halak + Markov + 1st + 2nd for Lecavalier.

At this point NO - but as I said that was what Tampa asked last season - it was on the table -

WOW, its sad how underrated Datsyuk is. He is the main reason for Zetta's points, who do you think sets him up, creates all the space. Please tell me a better stick handler in the league, then you all talk about Zetta's D, Dats lead the league last year in take aways and not by a small margin. What is wrong with you people here, do you put Zetta on a pedistol and forget about Dats because he's Russian, not as talkative, not as good looking? I mean wow, talk about underapperciated, HE is BETTER then Zetteberg. That is saying a lot because Z is an amazing player but Datsyuk can play almost as effectivily without Zetteberg, but not the other way around. PATHETIC. Then you want to trade either of the 2 out of 4 of the main reasons we would be going into the playoffs (Lidstrom, Raflaski) were all are proven to have amazing chemistry. Vince is amazing but if we trade away what got us there, we would be right back at square one.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

WOW, its sad how underrated Datsyuk is. He is the main reason for Zetta's points, who do you think sets him up, creates all the space. Please tell me a better stick handler in the league, then you all talk about Zetta's D, Dats lead the league last year in take aways and not by a small margin. What is wrong with you people here, do you put Zetta on a pedistol and forget about Dats because he's Russian, not as talkative, not as good looking? I mean wow, talk about underapperciated, HE is BETTER then Zetteberg. That is saying a lot because Z is an amazing player but Datsyuk can play almost as effectivily without Zetteberg, but not the other way around. PATHETIC. Then you want to trade either of the 2 out of 4 of the main reasons we would be going into the playoffs (Lidstrom, Raflaski) were all are proven to have amazing chemistry. Vince is amazing but if we trade away what got us there, we would be right back at square one.

Well, I for one love Datsyuk but sorry he's not Vinny Lecavalier. And I think Dats is an amazing defensive player. But overall, I think Zetterberg is the better, more well rounded player. Z is also a more natural scorer. I think you're taking your defense of Datsyuk a little far to the cuckoo extreme here.

As for Lecavalier vs Datsyuk, the question isn't why would I make the trade. It's why wouldn't I make the trade?

Vinny is 27, Dats is 29

Vinny is 6 foot 4, 219 pounds, Datsyuk is 5 foot 11, 194

Vinny can fight, Datsyuk can get beat up

Both are offensive studs. Yes, Dats is the best stickhandler. So what. I want the guy who scores 50 goals and can do some of it all by himself with his big shot and ability to drive the net. Dats makes people look silly but he ain't scoring near the goals Vinny is. Vinny has scored 30+ four years straight. Dats has topped 30 just 1 time.

They are different kinds of players and they're both great. But for my money, I'll take the guy who plays more like Gordie Howe. And no, it has nothing at all to do with Dats being Russian. Where do you come up with stuff like that. I think people who rag on others and claim they're ripping players for being Russian or ugly or whatever are far more concerned with players being Russian or ugly or whatever than those who criticize in the first place. There's some misplaced self-esteem s*** going on there that these folks (you) need to get checked out.

Explain a rational reasoning for this kylee, please.

Crosby is the best player in the world. If you don't think so I have formed a group for people like you that meets every Sunday evening to discuss the problem. Currently, there is space for you as there are only 5 individuals on the planet that don't think Crosby is the best player in the known universe. Oh, and Vinny is probably the 4th best skater in the world.

I won't even go into the statistical reasons for why its a no-brainer like, production, age, etc..... I'll just wait for you to explain why you wouldn't trade Datsyuk, one of the 25 best skaters in the world for Vinny or Z, one of the 10 best (currently) for the best skater in the world in Crosby.

hm. well to be fair i never said that Crosby wasnt the best player in the world, he has outstanding numbers already at his age and is a player all to himself. i guess if someone crosby was to get out of pitt. for Pavel id give it a go, but i guess one of the reasons why i was so ardent in saying "not even for crosby" was due to the fact that really, none of this will ever happen anywho.

you're right. Pavel is great, Crosby - obviously the best.

we can argue until we're blue in the face about who is better, z or vinny, pavel or vinny, etc, etc ... they all bring different things to the table so it's never going to be settled anyway ... but here's why keeping hank and pavel is better than trading either for vinny - they're already here ... we need to add to what we already have, not start swapping stars - hank and pavel are the offensive centerpieces of our team, they are who we are building around, they are who the team already has chemistry with ... swapping one of them for vinny doesn't give us more depth - in fact, depending on who else we would have to give up it probably weakens our other lines ... you don't win championships by constantly swapping your key players for supposed upgrades - it's what the redskins do every year and it gets them nowhere (sorry, i'm from va) ... the team we have can win the cup ... could we use a little more scoring depth? sure ... but at this point what team couldn't? i would argue we look as good top to bottom as any other team in the league right now ...

I would like to take the time out point out that Lecavalier is arguably the worst cherry picker in the league. No way he puts up 50/100 type numbers in Detroit.

Thats a great point. Not with Babcock behind the bench.

Since I was 7 so thirty years glad you are not our gm

You all should be ashamed. He's doing very well, given the circumstances.

Quote from "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia": "But would you know if you were retarded, though? ..."

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well, I for one love Datsyuk but sorry he's not Vinny Lecavalier. And I think Dats is an amazing defensive player. But overall, I think Zetterberg is the better, more well rounded player. Z is also a more natural scorer. I think you're taking your defense of Datsyuk a little far to the cuckoo extreme here.

As for Lecavalier vs Datsyuk, the question isn't why would I make the trade. It's why wouldn't I make the trade?

Vinny is 27, Dats is 29

Both are offensive studs. Yes, Dats is the best stickhandler. So what. I want the guy who scores 50 goals and can do some of it all by himself with his big shot and ability to drive the net. Dats makes people look silly but he ain't scoring near the goals Vinny is. Vinny has scored 30+ four years straight. Dats has topped 30 just 1 time.

They are different kinds of players and they're both great. But for my money, I'll take the guy who plays more like Gordie Howe. And no, it has nothing at all to do with Dats being Russian. Where do you come up with stuff like that. I think people who rag on others and claim they're ripping players for being Russian or ugly or whatever are far more concerned with players being Russian or ugly or whatever than those who criticize in the first place. There's some misplaced self-esteem s*** going on there that these folks (you) need to get checked out.

:clap: Finally someone other than eva on these boreds who displays their hockey knowelge and common sense through reason and statistics rather than big words that no one uses in real life.

Vinny is 27, Dats is 29

I do see now what you are saying as in the desire to have him here even at the cost of Dats. But I have to disagree with the well roundedness (not sure if thats a word) of Zetta compared to Dats. I think both are almost one in the same except one is a playmaker the other is a scorer. If you gave up either for Vinny then you would still have a great combo but do I highly doubt it would be nearly the same. He does bring a lot of intangibles to the table however I wouldn't give up the future of what we already know is the best tandem in hockey for what could potentailly be better. Also there really is no self esteem issue, I think you are reaching kinda far on that joke or observation or whatever, but if you have paid attention to the boards for the last few years, you'll have noticed the complete pass the boards as a whole will give one player and then crusify another player. A good example is the Hudler, Flip debate, neither did s*** for us a while ago yet one was defended and the other burned, its really annoying especially to see when the person being burned that is "arguably"( you are right both bring different things, so I can't say one is better then the other) better then the other, and nobody even noticing it. But either way we will never see Vinny here which sucks, but thats life, I just wouldn't destroy what we have for something we don't even know would be better.

Guest Crymson

With Tampa going in the tank what do you think we would have to give up even if possible to get vinny? In my opinion he is the exact sniper that the wings need.

If you ask anyone here: Hudler and some picks.

All our star players are performing at a satisfactory level and beyond, there is no point in fixing what isn't broken.

Kutcher? I think I should call you KELSO for this remark.

That's fine by me. I think for a player of the caliber of Lecavalier anyone on the Wings is expendable. Vinny is as good as a power forward gets. The only player better at what he does is Thornton.

And for all who said " not like it matters cause its not going to happen" that really wasn't the point of the thread. The thread was started to hear who/what you would trade for Vinny, not whether you thought it was possible.

That's fine by me. I think for a player of the caliber of Lecavalier anyone on the Wings is expendable. Vinny is as good as a power forward gets. The only player better at what he does is Thornton.

And for all who said " not like it matters cause its not going to happen" that really wasn't the point of the thread. The thread was started to hear who/what you would trade for Vinny, not whether you thought it was possible.

Thornton is by no means a power forward. He is a setup man. A fantastic one at that, but he isn't in the same class as Vinny when it comes to scoring. Hell, I'd take Draper over Thornton if you need a goal scored! That is unless it's an empty net, Thornton is pretty good with those.

Thornton is by no means a power forward. He is a setup man. A fantastic one at that, but he isn't in the same class as Vinny when it comes to scoring. Hell, I'd take Draper over Thornton if you need a goal scored! That is unless it's an empty net, Thornton is pretty good with those.

Wow! First the Lindros thread... now this. You're either high, extraordinarily dumb or you have never watched hockey before.

If it's the first, let me know where you get your weed from. That must be some good s***.

Edited by Doggy

It doesn''t matter, Rolston is coming home as a free agent this off-season. This has been talked about a lot over the last year by many in the NHL world.... Rolston is from here, it's his home, and he'll be a ufa. In my opinion, Rolston is the perfect fit in Detroit with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Lecavalier is amazing, don't get me wrong, but Rolston would come cheaper and be more effective as a team player - playing various roles besides being JUST a scoring source - which is what our team is all about.

Plus Rolston as proven himself to be a leader.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Um....

Zetterberg put up 85 points centering Holmstrom and Sammy two years removed.

...kthanksbye.

It doesn''t matter, Rolston is coming home as a free agent this off-season. This has been talked about a lot over the last year by many in the NHL world.... Rolston is from here, it's his home, and he'll be a ufa. In my opinion, Rolston is the perfect fit in Detroit with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Lecavalier is amazing, don't get me wrong, but Rolston would come cheaper and be more effective as a team player - playing various roles besides being JUST a scoring source - which is what our team is all about.

Plus Rolston as proven himself to be a leader.

Dont necessarily agree that Rolston is coming to Detroit, but you hit the nail on the head in terms of the goal scorers Detroit should be looking at.....i.e. the ones that will cost 5M or less, not 7M or more.

Like Ive said, Detroit will probably have a ceiling as to how much they spend on another scoring forward. And IMO, thats about 5M assuming the cap increases a touch and they dont go balls to the wall in replacing Dom in net.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

With Tampa going in the tank what do you think we would have to give up even if possible to get vinny? In my opinion he is the exact sniper that the wings need.

I wouldnt trade anyone. I think Vinny is a whiner and a floater,there are many more players I would rather have.

*sigh* Obviously Vinny's not going to be traded to the Wings. He doesn't fit in our system even in the slightest and we don't have near the stable of picks/prospects needed to land him.

I'd never trade Z for Vinny- Z's the complete package adn Vinny could care less about how many goals get scored on his team as long as he puts up points.

Vinny for Dats? No. :blush: Only because the Wings need a playmaker first type of guy and Dats is the only guy who fits the bill. If we had another top-line playmaking centre around still I'd make that trade but as it stands the Wings need someone to dangle the puck, confuse the opposition and deke the s*** out of everyone. Dats is that guy.

Obviously Vinny is the better offensive player when compared to Dats and aside from the period spanning December 06 to today he's a better offensive player than Z. However- Z is extremely defensively responsible and were he to focus solely on offense like Vinny and Sid do he'd surely put up more numbers. No one here can argue that playing a two way game doesn't diminish a star's potential point total.

Explain how Thornton and Lecavlier aren't similar players? They are big and elite, throw their weight around, one sets up more than the other and one scores more. That's where the differences end, I mean if Thornton was with a setup man and not a goal scorer there is no reason why he wouldn't score 45+ a season. Just like if Vinny were with a goal scorer and not a setup man he would net 70+ assists a year.

Either way, for either of them I'd trade anyone the Wings have, hell I'd even give them Dats a prospect and a 1st rounder if that's what it would take. I mean the guy is better than Dats and will be for 10+ years, and he's a better fighter than anyone on our team.

i would try and dupe the lightning into offering a hall of famer for vinny. chris chelios is a good starting point.

Absolutely not. :(

Then what happens when the Wings need someone to arch their back over the puck and run out the clock? You can't teach that sort of thing. You think Vinny's going to be willing to cut his pretty little face with razor blades to get a power play?

sirdrake, you of all people know how important Chelios is.

Furthermore, what's to stop Chelios from just making Lecavalier a free agent effective immediately, and signing him himself?