• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Official: Hasek announces retirement

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Best descision, now i have the greatest respect for that guy, he knew when it was time to retire, I like that!

Osgood/Howard/Larsson for 2008/2009 ok.

I notice Howie's sporting new pads there

I wouldn't call them "new". If you saw the way he played in Grand Rapids this past season, I would call his pads.... "unused"

BTW, does anybody know if Fox Sports Detroit or NHL Network is planning on showing the presser at 11????

:clap:

I had heard earlier in the season that Dom/family would probably be sticking around the area, since Michael is going to university in Ann Arbor in the Fall. I would love to see him have some role working with goalie development, or something with the Wings.

Dom had a great season with his sexy tandem partner, Ozzie, and I have little doubt, he treasures the time he's spent in Detroit. I am glad to see him go on his own terms, with a smile on his face. It's very fitting that he goes out with the same class as the organization he loved played for, the Detroit Red Wings.

Hey! Eat your words.

Michael is not going to that HELLHOLE in Ann Arbor.

He's going to the greatest university on the face of this earth - Michigan State University!

so long and thanks for all the fish Dom..

1st ballot HHOF and all time great. You'll be missed, athough this is the right time. Howard needs his shot this year.

20? Ozzie did an amazing job in the playoffs but I really don't think that is going to translate into him playing 60+ games next season. I could see Ozzie playing 50 and Howard playing 30 unless Howard plays fantastic but even though Osgood is fairly durable I just can't imagine him getting workhorse like starts.

60-62 isn't "workhorse-like", it's about average for a starter. It's just slightly over two starts a week, with 20 being just slightly under one start a week.

Guest mindfly
so long and thanks for all the fish Dom..

1st ballot HHOF and all time great. You'll be missed, athough this is the right time. Howard needs his shot this year.

Although I think Larsson really can become the backup goalie after some weeks in grand rapids, the kid has high potential, the ones who have seen him in Djurgården knows what im talking about, he can rob the match to his team... but yeah weeks/months i grand rapids to get used to smaller rinks, higher tempo etc, then he is set :)

But then again perhaps its better to play 60games+ in rapids then being a backup goalie playing 5-10games in the NHL.

Edited by mindfly

Guest LivingtheDream

I just knew this was going to happen when I saw that picture of him barefoot with John, George and Ringo...

Seriously, Dom when he wasn't flopping around making insane saves, he was a total 100% stand up guy. Recall a few years ago he was hurt and despite being contractually owed it, did not accept something like 3 million from Holland. He stopped taking his pay when every legal detail said he was owed it. THAT is true character.

Well he had a hell of a career. He is going out a champion. He played great during the regular season and was standup guy during the playoffs. Never complained and did his part to make the team better.

Thanks Dom.

Best goalie ever, IMO, and easily best modern-day goalie. He is actually older than Roy, and Roy never won a single Vezina once Hasek became a starter.

Would have loved to see him able to enter the NHL at 20, but just happy we were able to see as much of him as we did. Thanks Dom!

11 am tomorrow

My guess is he is retiring, or the wings have told him they arent bringing him back

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID...043/1048/SPORTS

I read this late last night and immediately began thinking about his career. What a champion this guy was and I applaud him.

Congrats on an incredible career Dom!

Dom, although I wasn't really happy about your performance this playoff, I'm happy that you are going out as a winner. It is fitting because you are a champion. :thumbup: