• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Leino or Helm

Rate this topic

who do we keep for the playoff run?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I want to know who everyone likes for our up coming playoff run.

PS feel free to discuss your choice

Right now I like Leino, he can put the puck in the net and hes look pretty good in our end too.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Id keep both if we could but honestly Helm. once we get all our top 9 forwards back where are we gonna put Leino, on the 4th line? Helm brings us energy, speed, and better D awarness, Leino is the better player but Helm is more of what we need if we can only take one.

Come playoff time they'll both be up. Helm gives us that extra bit of zip and I think Leino just has all the tools to play in any situation as he has proved by playing on the top line and the 4th line. Seeing PP duty as well, Babs really has a hard choice to make, who will sit?

I would say both!!! Helm gives us a great dump and chase, and Leino gives us another scoring forward. we have a solid 4 lines with these two!!

I enjoy watching Helm, he is exciting to watch as is Villie!! Helm gives us something that Maltby cannot give anymore!! I love Malts, but he just doesn't have it anymore!!

I think at this point if anyone had to sit it would be Kopecky, though I doubt it will happen, I really think the team would look great with a Helm-Draper-Maltby 4th line and a Leino-Flip-Sammy third line.

Helm is fast and has high energy, but at the same time Leino has 7 points and is +5 in his first 10 NHL games ever. Helm needs to replace someone on the 4th line, and Leino needs to be on the 3rd line (for now)

I agree with "both", but if we really only could keep one.. I say Helm. He was too good our last playoff run to not be a part of it this year as well.

Dream playoff lines:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Leino-Filppula-Hossa

Franzen-Hudler-Cleary

Helm-Draper-Sammy

Guest Shoreline

Helm only because of his playoff experience. I really wouldn't want to choose though -- I'd rather have both.

Guest Four

Helm to me, is the better player at the moment for the Wings.. Leino just needs a few more years of development to reach his potential

Id keep both if we could but honestly Helm. once we get all our top 9 forwards back where are we gonna put Leino, on the 4th line? Helm brings us energy, speed, and better D awarness, Leino is the better player but Helm is more of what we need if we can only take one.

As much as I do like Helm, I picked Leino because he is quickly becoming great in his own end, plus he is putting up points.

Leino has a higher +/- playing on the fourth line than Helm did, plus Leino is also putting up points on the fourth line as well. I'd take the player who is good in his own end and can put up points over a player who is speedy and likes to dump and chase and loves to hit, but doesn't produce at all.

I agree with "both", but if we really only could keep one.. I say Helm. He was too good our last playoff run to not be a part of it this year as well.

Dream playoff lines:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Leino-Filppula-Hossa

Franzen-Hudler-Cleary

Helm-Draper-Sammy

Any one of those top three lines are as good as half the NHLs top lines, and that 4th line is easily a 3rd or 2nd line on most NHL teams.

I don't think we'd fit under the cap though would we?