• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PashaFan

Marian Hossa Discussions

Rate this topic

for me, it has nothing to do with questioning your "fandom" and everything to do with conduct unbecoming of what most of us here would expect from you.

some of these rants of yours are indicative of what i might hear from my 4 year old son. why can't you understand that you're better than that?

i KNOW this and so, too, do countless others here at LGW. lose the belligerence and return to a more appropriate form of constructive criticism, if/when it is warranted. nobody is saying that some of your points are off base, you just decided to bypass rationale and discipline altogether by taking the road to extremism.

it doesn't take much to surf onto other teams' sites and find out of line fanatics (you know the ones) but if i had to vote, you certainly wouldn't be in that company. one big mistake doesn't place you in that category but the way you're defending it isn't helping matters.

please, let it go.

this is the last you'll hear from me on this issue because i know i won't lose sleep over a debate on the internet, nor will you, however i believe this is an issue that you have an opportunity to respond to... and i, for one, hope you choose the road to humility.

actually i think the ones calling me a tool and personally attacking me are the ones that are looking like 4 year olds... then again they very well might be.... see...

You're such a ******* IDIOT.

Shut the f*** up.

You're so unbelievably thick headed.

You're a ******* joke.

You're a tool.

classy :D very proving of more mature than me.. i agree lol

Maybe i should resort to name calling when replying to people... if thats what the "big kids" do!

of course i won't lose sleep tonight... when do i ever its an internet chat forum... I listened to all those bashing Ozzie all season long and i love watching him turn it up and prove them all wrong. Hossa is proving a lot of people from the regular season wrong as well... just in an opposite light.

Oh well i am sure he will get 4 goals in the last game this season... He has been saving them all up, right???

Edited by OsGOD

Yes i am serious, TYLER ******* KENNEDY had a better game then Hossa tonight, not just because of his goal either. Hossa is a joke, lol at regular season (please see Ozzie). Let me name players that showed more determination then Hossa tonight, Ozzie, Hank, Pasha, HOLMER, Helm, DRAPER, MALTBY, Fipulla, SAMMY, Cleary, Hudler, Lidstrom, Rafa, Stuart, Ericsson, and Lebda. Highlighted names (with hossa's pay) make him a complete failure. Need i go on?

Hey! maybe he will somehow come around to this post and read it and realize he is mind numbingly useless. I would rather have Martin Havlat after he got hit by Kronwall at this point.

I happen to not be so stupid that I can think back more than 48 hours. hossa hasn't contributed that much so far agaisnt the penguins. But over the course over the ENTIRE SEASON? He has been one of our most important players OVER THE ENTIIIIIIIIIIIIRE SEASON. Dating back to OCTOBER. Do you understand the concept?

PS: Here is a list of players TYLER ******* KENNEDY had a better game than:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Cleary

Franzen

Filppula

Hossa

Holmstrom

Helm

Samuelson

Hudler

Draper

Maltby

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Stuart

Kronwal

Ericcson

Lebda

OMG! That's the entire team!

I happen to not be so stupid that I can think back more than 48 hours. hossa hasn't contributed that much so far agaisnt the penguins. But over the course over the ENTIRE SEASON? He has been one of our most important players OVER THE ENTIIIIIIIIIIIIRE SEASON. Dating back to OCTOBER. Do you understand the concept?

PS: Here is a list of players TYLER ******* KENNEDY had a better game than:

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Cleary

Franzen

Filppula

Hossa

Holmstrom

Helm

Samuelson

Hudler

Draper

Maltby

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Stuart

Kronwal

Ericcson

Lebda

OMG! That's the entire team!

I disagree, Datsyuk, Zata, Cleary and Helm all had solid games along with Ozzie. Take the pens out of the equation, Holmstrom had more fire and drive tonight then Hossa. Regular season is laughable and has no bearing on the post season especially since the Wings would have been in a similar seeding with or without Hossa, ask Joe Thorton what the regular season means.

Honestly you guys need to relax...who scored tonite Drapes, ya thought so!! Hoss is playing hard out there as are most of the other guys (though sammy and kronner seem to want crosgay to raise the cup). It all comes down to Friday night! And the guys who are suppost to bring it better just bring it!!!! Nuff said

Hossa has been brutal. I've watched the entire playoffs and I'm still disapointed with him. He looks unmotivated, which is odd considering he's got the opportunity of a lifetime.

I hope he isn't resigned in the off season. I haven't been impressed with him.

I don't care if he has assists in this series, we paid him 7.5million to score goals, and he isn't doing that.

I don't understand how people can still defend him after this abysmal series he's having, you think he would be hungier than a hippo to prove to his former team he made the right choice.

I haven't seen him take the puck to the net since Game 4 against Chicago, and that's his bread and butter.

He's a strong skater, hard to knock off the puck, so why is he playing perimeter hockey? Yes, guys are on him like flies, but they're also all over Z and he always finds a way, cause he's determined to be a champion. Hossa, simply isn't at this point.

Hossa has been playing like Sammy lately. He's not willing to work for shots, he just fires it from anywhere. I hope he can bring some passion in game 7 or i don't even want the wings to think about signing him.

I disagree, Datsyuk, Zata, Cleary and Helm all had solid games along with Ozzie. Take the pens out of the equation, Holmstrom had more fire and drive tonight then Hossa. Regular season is laughable and has no bearing on the post season especially since the Wings would have been in a similar seeding with or without Hossa, ask Joe Thorton what the regular season means.
Very much agreed.

Hossa's been PATHETIC.

Came here to win a Cup? As what? A ******* passenger?? Each time I hear his quotes recently I begin to dislike him more and more. He's coasting and new guy or not, I know some guys on the bench, behind it or upstairs are wondering where the f*** he is as well.

And to those saying he scored 40 for us this season, well yeh ... and?? Big f***in' deal. That was the REGULAR season!!

We are in the business of winning Cups here in Detroit. Not losing them.

Injured, some say? Well if he is, then why is he playing? You're good enough to go - contribute. The f***'s the point of dressing him to pull this disappearing act.

Edited by motorcitykid

The way Hossa came here, turning down tens of millions of dollars for the sole purpose of winning the stanley cup, at least means that for one playoff game, he needs to be THE GUY. Hossa hasn't been the guy once this postseason, when guys like Helm and Abdelkader have. He has one last chance, and he better make the best of it. If not, he only has himself to blame. It's not Hossa hating after a loss, it's just reality. If Hossa doesn't have a great game on Friday and the Wings lose the cup, his whole season was a complete failure.

Edited by Herr Hockey

We've been through this before. In 2006 when The Wings lost to Edmonton everyone was screaming for Datsyuk's balls.

I'm just glad Holland is running this team. Even if they lose on Friday, The Wings have given you ungrateful brats something to cheer about on a regular basis. Singing Hossa was a no brainer. He's underachieving for sure, but he's been more good than bad these playoffs.

Also, if the Wings won tonight without Hossa contributing, no one would give a f***. Because they won.

Some of you are making good points and your disappointment in Hossa is justified to some degree. But the fact remains, this is a knee-jerk rant fest.

Let it alllllllll out :battle:

The way Hossa came here, turning down tens of millions of dollars for the sole purpose of winning the stanley cup, at least means that for one playoff game, he needs to be THE GUY. Hossa hasn't been the guy once this postseason, when guys like Helm and Abdelkader have. He has one last chance, and he better make the best of it. If not, he only has himself to blame. It's not Hossa hating after a loss, it's just reality. If Hossa doesn't have a great game on Friday and the Wings lose the cup, his whole season was a complete failure.

Im not depending on this joke on skates in game 7, im depending on guys like Datsyuk, Zata, Ozzie, Cleary, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Helm, hell even guys like Ericsson, Draper, Sammy, Hudler, Filpulla, and Abdelkader have proven to be more clutch.

If Hossa scores a big goal in game 7, then all is forgotten - but at this point there is no way I would resign him to a long term deal.

In the biggest game of the playoffs, with a chance to shut everyone up, Hossa had probably his worst game of the post season. Not the kind of player we were looking.

If Hossa scores a big goal in game 7, then all is forgotten - but at this point there is no way I would resign him to a long term deal.

In the biggest game of the playoffs, with a chance to shut everyone up, Hossa had probably his worst game of the post season. Not the kind of player we were looking.

but he does so much off the score sheet to warrant his "star" status...

to which i still want video evidence of this round

How much more motivation could this guy need?

Obviously he is a world class player.

But he has been a playoff bust this year. As someone said above me, he has been a passenger, not a leader. Doesn't deserve leader money. Enough.

+1 and agreed. Unless we find out that he's been playing hurt ... really hurt.

Every game that he plays like this, he is reducing the figure of his next contract.

and i mean like broken foot dats hurt!

which if he is then he shouldn't be out there (as was the case with dats)

His goal is to win the stanley cup not the money involved... you think he would of come here on that paycheck "if" the pens won last year??? get real

a real sacrifice is taking 7.5million and playing for the FLORIDA PANTHERS!

He turned down over $70 million in guaranteed money because he wanted to win so bad and you think he all of a sudden just said "f*** it, I'm not giving any effort anymore."

There's an easy, easy explanation for this. He's hurt. He was hurt coming into the playoffs. He got dinged up again in the playoffs. And despite that, he still has 15 points. Maybe if he had sat out for a few games like Datsyuk people would be more forgiving.

We scored one goal tonight and it was scored by a guy who raised his playoff total to 1. It's not like the other stars on the Wings were putting the puck in the back of the net. And as well as Osgood played tonight, he still gave up a s***ty goal that ended up being the game-winner. Kronwall and Stuart turned it over like crazy early on. Even Helm, who people have been blowing about his play tonight, had three or four good chances that went right off his stick. Lebda and Flip put Detroit in a bad spot on the first goal. I don't think I heard Hudler's name tonight--or for a pretty good portion of the playoffs. Franzen had a chance to tie the game and couldn't get the puck in the air. Cleary had a chance to tie the game and couldn't get the puck in the air. D and Z shot the puck into defensemen numerous times. Lidstrom had a bad turnover. Sammy mindlessly shot the puck several times and didn't make a hit on the GWG.

There's plenty of blame to go around here. The Wings AS A TEAM had three shots on goal in the first period and something like 7 shots total in the latter stages of the second period. It ain't like Marian Hossa was the only one who didn't show up tonight.

The guy has 15 points in the playoffs. A lot of them were big points in big games.

From YoungGuns1340 about Hossa probably being hurt:

So is Datsyuk....And Lidstrom...

Just so we're clear about this....is that the same Datsyuk that has one goal in the playoffs and fewer points per game than Hossa? And the same Lidstrom who had a turnover on the GWG tonight? Just checking.

OsGod:

I find it funny all you questioning my wings "fandom" as I callout a member who hasn't even been on the wings for a full year.... silly humans!

I find it funny that you're calling out a (more than likely injured) player with 15 points in the playoffs and questioning his lack of effort when your favorite player was forced into a sabbatical for a lack of effort.

Yak19:

Im behind my team im just sick of Hossa and the money he got for being an absolute scrub when it matters, Draper's goal tonight should deduct 2 million from Hossa's paycheck and be given to someone with drive, heart and determination.

He was 3rd on the team in scoring in the regular season. He's 5th on the team in scoring in the playoffs and is likely injured. He was a BIG reason we didn't go down 3-1 to the Ducks. He was a big reason we were out of the Columbus series in 4. He got us started in a big game against the Blackhawks.

Hell, in this series alone he had assists on two of our three goals in game 2 and had the primary assist on our second goal in game 5. (Which clearly didn't matter since we ended up winning in a blowout. :rolleyes: )

Osgod:

well if you count by putting on the jersey and being on the ice for a bit the same as being a stand up star in almost every game this post season... then for sure they both have contributed to the team.

When Osgood played like ass in game 4 against Columbus, Hossa had a pair of goals to help us win. When we needed to score four goals to win in a crucial game 4 against Anaheim, Hossa had a pair of goals to help us win. (We lose that game, we're out...) He was in on two critical goals in game 2 of this series. Osgood, overall, has been really darn good in the playoffs, but the team has also picked him up for the most part when he's had a bad game or given up a bad goal or two.

Again...he has 15 points in the playoffs. That isn't "just putting on the jersey".

Osgod:

where was hossa tonight? Ozzie kept it close all game... Oh he was turning over the puck every chance he got and trying to "hit" people to no benefit of ours

And gave up a s*** goal for the game-winner, that you conveniently omit mentioning when you're slobbing his knob.

Osgod:

Dats has supplied more fire to this team in the two games he has played since he came back. "if" hossa is hurt he should sit and rest like dats did and come back to our team (or another next season 100%)

I'm sure having a good 2-3 weeks off while the rest of the team was playing playoff hockey isn't at all part of the reason Dats has had so much energy. :rolleyes: Even as "bad" as Hossa has been, he's still what? 5th or 6th on our team in points? You can't seriously believe that Leino would help more.

This is the second season and hossa doesn't it wear it well. why does everyone bring up the regular season, when have we (in most of your lifetimes) been at risk of not making the playoffs in the top seed??? its not hossa, i will tell you that, which alllowed us to get to the playoffs in a high seed!

He has 15 points! It's not stellar, but he hasn't been invisible by any means.

(It's also funny how this year you're beating the "the regular season means nothing" drum over and over when Osgood got sent home for a lack of effort, when last year it was all about "THE ENTIRE REGULAR SEASON MEANS EVERYTHING!!" in the great goalie debates.)

Herr Hockey:

Hossa hasn't been the guy once this postseason, when guys like Helm and Abdelkader have.

Game 4, Anaheim? Turned a 2-2 tie into a 4-2 lead heading into the third period in a road game that we 100% had to have? He doesn't score those goals, we might not be in the Finals.

Yak19:

Im not depending on this joke on skates in game 7, im depending on guys like Datsyuk, Zata, Ozzie, Cleary, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Helm, hell even guys like Ericsson, Draper, Sammy, Hudler, Filpulla, and Abdelkader have proven to be more clutch.

At least you didn't mention Kronwall. Of course, the first name you mention has one goal in the playoffs and did his fair share of shooting into people's shin pads tonight. Cleary had a chance to tie the game tonight and blew it. Franzen had 2 or 3 chances to tie the game and blew it. Lidstrom had a turnover on the winning goal. Rafalski has had his moments of brutality this postseason, as has Stuart. Helm had 3 or 4 great scoring chances that went right off his stick tonight. Filppula is the only guy on the rest of that list with more points than Hossa, and Hossa popped in two in a tied, must-win road game against the best team we've played in the playoffs.

He turned down over $70 million in guaranteed money because he wanted to win so bad and you think he all of a sudden just said "f*** it, I'm not giving any effort anymore."

Yes? actions speak louder than words... and current actions supercede offseason actions

OsGod:

I find it funny that you're calling out a (more than likely injured) player with 15 points in the playoffs and questioning his lack of effort when your favorite player was forced into a sabbatical for a lack of effort.

and it did him better did it not? perhaps Hossa should take a sabbatical so he can be rested up to dominate next years regular season!

Osgod:

And gave up a s*** goal for the game-winner, that you conveniently omit mentioning when you're slobbing his knob.

couldn't have been that much of a s*** goal if he was still awarded a star... oh and DUDE check out the story written up about ozzie in the freep!!! there was a thread about his horrible game today and weak goals! here is the link so you can just reply in this thread Osgood spectacular in losing effort how nice am i??? come on.... super nice i know!

I know though you have all that built up anomosity because ozzie displaced your boy last year to win the cup. its cool i felt the same when dom displaced ozzie years ago!

Edited by OsGOD

Yes? actions speak louder than words... and current actions supercede offseason actions

What words? He is one of the few athletes in history that put his money where his mouth was. He turned down upwards of seventy million bucks to come play for this team. You really think he just started dogging it all of a sudden after he worked his ass off all year?

and it did him better did it not? perhaps Hossa should take a sabbatical so he can be rested up to dominate next years regular season!

Even as "bad" as he's been, he's still top 4 on our team in points and one point away from being top 3. He hasn't been the worst player in the entire league at his position, or anything like that.

Here's the list of Wings with more goals than Hossa in the playoffs:

Franzen

Zetterberg

Cleary

Here's the list of Wings with more points than Hossa in the playoffs:

Zetterberg

Franzen

Filppula

He must be a really goddamn good player if 4th on the team in goals and 4th on the team in points is a choke job and disappearing act.

Herr Hockey:

Game 4, Anaheim? Turned a 2-2 tie into a 4-2 lead heading into the third period in a road game that we 100% had to have? He doesn't score those goals, we might not be in the Finals.

Fair enough, but Franzen also scored two goals in that game. I haven't seen a single game where Hossa was the sole reason we won. You would kind of hope that a superstar who took less money to win a cup would be able to throw a performance like that together just once in a post season when the rest of his team was struggling. Hopefully, he doesn't have to be the only guy Friday, but more of the same from Marian probably won't be good enough. So far, I've only seen Hossa score goals when it didn't seem to be much of a problem for anybody.

Hossa is 8th in playoff scoring! What more the hell do you want!? I would look at more than just Hossa. I mean seriously....

My god... One loss and he is the worst player in the history of the NHL.

We are targeting him because he is sucking up $7.45 million this year, thats the same amount as our captain, he is suppose to produce, but he is not, that is why we want him gone, and are complaining about him. He is a star player not playing at his potential. I am not complaining just after this loss, I'm talking about his play in every series, he shows up once a series, except this one so far, I will give him 1 more game to show he can still show up for this one. After that I will personally hold the door open for him to leave the "joe" after his season his done here, then lock the door behind him. Thanks for stoping by 1 season in detroit "slacker" don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.