• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Samuelsson Selling His House?

Rate this topic

Not sure if this has already been posted.

Linky:

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/ku...ollan.html#more

Kulfan reports that Mikael Samuelsson, however, sees the writing on the wall about his tenure as a Wing:

Holland said a national report he has offered forward Mikael Samuelsson , a prospective unrestricted free agent, a new contract is false.

Samuelsson, incidentally, has put his house up for sale according to several residents in his Novi neighborhood

Man, I have screamed my head off at him so many times -- but I have to say I am going to miss that rat bastard.

Brought a ton of value for the price he was willing to play for...

This could also mean Hossa is a real responsibility - because without Hossa, Sammy would have a great shot of remaining.

Yea I agree, he's pissed me off so many times with his ridiculous high and wide shots...but he grew on me a little bit this past season. Still can't say I'm surprised he's leaving.

Its weird, I've bashed Sammy nonstop for 4 years, but he was a Wing for that long, and like egroen said, I'm gonna miss the bastard. He may need a compass and a tether to the blueline on the PP, but he was a part of the squad. Good luck elsewhere, Sammy. Hopefully you sign a contract you can live up to.

(that all said, I'll enjoy empathizing with fans of whatever team he goes to as he patrols the PP point and coughs up the puck to the Wings, and raises Ozzy's save percentage by hitting him in the Winged-Wheel each shot :D)

This doesn't mean he is gone. Holland just cleared up a rumor. He may still offer him a contract once the cap is set and he sees what other players do.

I think this is just precaution on Sammy's part. He can always take his house off the market anytime before accepting an offer for it.

Of course, maybe Holland has spoken to him already about not coming back.

I'm ready for Ericsson to be on the point for the 2nd PP line so he can let that big shot of his go. I hope his wrist heals so he can smoke a few. I hate the forwards on the point unless is was someone like Fedorov who had the speed and hockey I.Q. to get back.

Edited by bruisebrother15

Yea I agree, he's pissed me off so many times with his ridiculous high and wide shots...but he grew on me a little bit this past season. Still can't say I'm surprised he's leaving.

Yeah, I think most of us have an attitude that he not that good of a player but he's really sort of ingratiated himself into our hearts so that he's our not very good player. I'll be sad to see him go on the one hand, but relieved on the other that I won't have to watch his poorly timed shots anymore.

Sammy is the type of player that I would cringe and scream his head off, then just our of no-where, he'd score the biggest and most important goal of the game.

My love/hate for him is a roller coaster ride

If he does leave, someone else will need to fill his place on LGW for the new whipping boy. Kopecky doesn't have a large enough role to fully fill it. From what I've seen, I think Stuart could step up nicely, or maybe Holmstrom could fill the void.

Ideas?

I would not jump to any conclusions until the cap is announced.

There is no guarantee Hossa will sign for 4 or even 5 mil.

There is no guarantee Sammy; regardless of what Hossa does will not get an offer from another team that will make sense for the Wings to match.

I've sorta been taking it for granted that Sammy'd be gone after the season, ever since I realized how the cap was gonna shake out for us. I think Sammy provided a lot of value and brought a lot to the table, but also not a great deal more than a lot of other players can bring. Nevertheless I'd almost guarantee he'll make more next year than he made this year; wouldn't surprise me at all to see him double his salary.

For as much as everyone does bash him...he scores some timely, timely goals in the playoffs. He's really the only one that could have scored the one in ot against Anaheim (*edit* it was Chicago) because he's a right handed shot. Any lefty puts that right into the goalies chest, if they could even get the shot off.

Edited by dallas27

Sammy is the type of player that I would cringe and scream his head off, then just our of no-where, he'd score the biggest and most important goal of the game.

Pretty much. In game one of the Cup last year, I was telling my buddy how much I thought Sammy sucked and he can't do anything but hit the goalie right in his logo. No sooner had I said that, he scored those two back-to-back goals.

Yeah, I think most of us have an attitude that he not that good of a player but he's really sort of ingratiated himself into our hearts so that he's our not very good player. I'll be sad to see him go on the one hand, but relieved on the other that I won't have to watch his poorly timed shots anymore.

That is exactly how I feel too. While im happy I wont have to deal with his 34875387 shots right to the goalies chest next year, Im also...going to miss that for some strange reason.

If he does leave, someone else will need to fill his place on LGW for the new whipping boy. Kopecky doesn't have a large enough role to fully fill it. From what I've seen, I think Stuart could step up nicely, or maybe Holmstrom could fill the void.

Ideas?

Hmmm....well I think Stuart is half way there already.

Was it Letang or Kennedy that scored the 2nd goal in Game 6? Regardless, if Sammy checks the player instead of skating off to the left, no shot is ever attempted. He looked lethargic in the Finals and pissed me off in Game 6 almost as much as Stuart in Game 7. Those brain farts along with posts in each game had me almost throwing my puck through the TV.

Oh well, glad I got that out of my system.

I figured Sammy was gone, too, once I heard how much Hossa wanted to stay. . . just hope there is a way to keep Hossa and Huds.

Isn't it funny? Sammy kicked around the NHL from team to team for a bunch of years enjoying only moderate success. He comes here, obviously gets with the right kind of teamates and has the best years of his career culminating with last years Cup.