• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frederick9125

Hossa wants 6million a year

Rate this topic

Lord, why could I have not been born with just enough talent to get drafted in the "19th round" and play for the LEAGUE MINIMUM for just ONE YEAR! Then I could afford a house, a car, pay off my debts, retire, and put my kids through college...

It's a shame Hossa isn't going to get paid "what he is worth" !

It's not really about what he is worth on the open market but rather what he is worth to the Wings. It's nice that he can scores goals during the regular season with an extensive history of that goal scoring in the East. It's nice he can fire shots from the perimeter and somehow stay healthy. But is he worth more to the Wings than Franzen? Doubt it. And this isn't a reply to your post necessarily, it was just a nice segway.

Well I wasn't expecting him to sign with us after this season, he wants way to much for what he CAN'T do in the playoffs, that is where it matters, not the regular season. Oh well I'm looking forward to see what Kenny will do after July 1st.

6M is a "fairly" reasonable amount for Hosaa.

The 4M number that has been floating around is insulting to Hossa.

I could see Holland chipping that 6M down to 5-5.5M maybe, but that still doesn't explain how he could clear the cap space to sign him.

I agree that it is insulting to him. He is worth 6 but unfortuantly he has tgo sacrifice to stay in the D. I hope they can meet up on a good deal

Haven't you heard? Flip is a bum and we should trade him for a 19th round pick today. :thumbup:

Give me the source Filp is a bum. Besides, if you don't have any relationship with Filp or something related to him, stop saying to trade players. Quite funny how people protected Osgood when he played bad and now people bash Filppula when they constantly say the Wings should keep the loyalty. Freaking ridiculous.

Well, Eklund expects an announcement that Hossa has signed a 12-year deal tomorrow.

So maybe he is leaving...

I'm hoping Eklund's "brilliant" forecast turns out true though.

I know it's not a big deal to most people but I was hoping that Zetterberg would have the most lucrative deal in terms of length.

I know it's not a big deal to most people but I was hoping that Zetterberg would have the most lucrative deal in terms of length.

As much as it's not important I like the protocols that dictate that the captain should earn the most money... and I think we all know Z is the next captain. I don't want to see Hossa's contract exceed Zetterberg's either.

It's Eklund. That means it's not real. Besides being full of it, he probably has very real psychological issues. Any post (especially from me...) referencing Eklund should be observed for humors sake only.

It's Eklund. That means it's not real. Besides being full of it, he probably has very real psychological issues. Any post (especially from me...) referencing Eklund should be observed for humors sake only.

He's right about one out of ten times, i even saw him string together three in a row at one point! He is 90% of the time wrong, but to say he is completely useless and has mental problems is assinine. He clearly knows by throwing out rumors that he'll become very popular, evident of the fact that every hockey fan knows who he is.

He's right about one out of ten times, i even saw him string together three in a row at one point! He is 90% of the time wrong, but to say he is completely useless and has mental problems is assinine. He clearly knows by throwing out rumors that he'll become very popular, evident of the fact that every hockey fan knows who he is.

My man just Defended Eklund!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

A Round Of Applause PLEASE..........................

Actually, according to studies conducted by haters, he's right roughly 2.3% of the time over the course of a 12 month cycle.

And if you don't think he has some serious issues, you should read some of the readily available info on him. It's fairly common knowledge that the guy is a loon who built a world out of lies.

He's been caught plaugerizing.

He's been caught back-dating posts to make it look like he reported things earlier than he did.

He's made up usernames on websites to defend himself with lies upon lies upon lies. (Super fun: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock...be_flyguy31_or/ )

He threatens people with (BS) lawsuits and (BS) criminal investigation thanks to help from his other (BS) "sources" in the justice system.

And he's actually making money because there are still people stupid enough to believe him.

google and google image search: eklund dwayne

http://www.greyeyeglances.com/photos/press_photos/DWAYNE.jpg

Dwayne Keith Klessel aka Eklund: burnout lounge musician, wannabe hockey legend, total liar

6M is a "fairly" reasonable amount for Hosaa.

The 4M number that has been floating around is insulting to Hossa.

I could see Holland chipping that 6M down to 5-5.5M maybe, but that still doesn't explain how he could clear the cap space to sign him.

You're right about 4 million being an insult and 6 million being reasonable. With that said it's not bad of Hossa to want 6 million because it's still well below his market value. The only trouble is, we just can't afford to keep him for that much, so as much as I hate to say it, and as optimistic as I was, I wish him luck wherever he goes except when he plays against the Wings.

google and google image search: eklund dwayne

http://www.greyeyeglances.com/photos/press_photos/DWAYNE.jpg

Dwayne Keith Klessel aka Eklund: burnout lounge musician, wannabe hockey legend, total liar

is that really him? when he was on sportsnet trade deadline day a few years ago, they had him up top and never showing his face.. didn't have the long hair though, always wondered what he looked like. but i agree i think he is right about 2% of the time.

Dave Bolland signed for 5 years $18M ($3.6M / season) and you guys are expecting Hossa to sign for $4M...

DREAM ON

Not if we sign him 5 years. If we however sign him 10-12 years we could get him for $4M.

Not if we sign him 5 years. If we however sign him 10-12 years we could get him for $4M.

Here's a good deal for Hossa. If he retires at 35, it's almost $6m average. If he keeps on after, it's a bit less. If he retires at 34, it's $6m average. Overall cap hit? $3.75m.

09-10: $8

10-11: $6.5

11-12: $6.5

12-13: $5

13-14: $2.5

14-15: $1

15-16: $1

16-17: $1

Had a good laugh at that ..

Stop with the asinine rosters ... stick to NHL 09

I play a little off season game on this site...I log on and as soon as I see a ridiculous 14 year old Nhl 09 for xbox roster I leave. Needless to say I dont spend alot of time on this site lately. :rolleyes: People who think that Holland is going to go out and pick up 3-4 free agents and trade guys who already have played for this team for years are idiots really. Its not this teams style, it never has been and wont be as long as Kenny is the gm. From what I've seen its proven to be a pretty sucessful formula for the last 15 years.

I play a little off season game on this site...I log on and as soon as I see a ridiculous 14 year old Nhl 09 for xbox roster I leave. Needless to say I dont spend alot of time on this site lately. :rolleyes: People who think that Holland is going to go out and pick up 3-4 free agents and trade guys who already have played for this team for years are idiots really. Its not this teams style, it never has been and wont be as long as Kenny is the gm. From what I've seen its proven to be a pretty sucessful formula for the last 15 years.

B-B-But.....My Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Iginla line did so well!!!!

Edited by RedFX

so if hossa cannot be resigned, and bomeester gets leopold and a third, what can wings get for hossa rights? maybe a cheap solid depth player and a 2nd, 3rd rounder in next years draft..

if wings cant keep hossa might as well try to get something for him. becuase ALOT of teams are going after him if he does not re-sign, im sure there is some teams that would love to have his rights to negotiate before july 1st

Edited by redwingfan19

If the Wings sign Hossa to a 10 year 40 million dollar contract they need 2 forwards signed at negative one million dollars. If they sign him to the 6 million he wants then they need two forwards at negative three million dollars, which means they need to trade 2 players and not just 1.

IF Hossa is coming back it will be at no more then 5 million.

That being said I think Hossa is gone... but:

Leino-Datsyuk-Homer

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Helm

Maltby-Draper-Some cheap Signing

isn't bad up front.

^ Filppula isn't playing another year on the third line.

If he truly want to play here, I think $0 is a good amount. He plays a freakin game for a living. The pros are too overpaid.

That's a really stupid, naive thing to say.

Edited by Z and D for the C

If Hossa wants 6 Million a season he can find it somewhere else. If he wants to stay a Wing he'll take what they can offer hime otherwise take a hike Hossa. I want Hossa on this Roster again but not if he is expecting a huge salary than he can get it from another team. Come on Hossa don't be greedy.