• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Crosby Should Get More Blame than Ovechkin

Rate this topic

Ovechkin got a lot of crap from the media for losing to Montreal, despite scoring 10 points in that series. It clearly wasn't his fault that the rest of his teammates choked in that series but everyone pointed the finger at him.

The media kept talking about how Crosby has surpassed Ovechkin as a player because of the Caps loss and that Crosby is a better leader and all that s***.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Crosby scored 5 points in this series and only 1 goal. He choked big time in this series, and didn't play nearly as well as Ovechkin did against this same team, scoring around half as many points.

I want to hear the hockey media blame Crosby for this loss the same way they did Ovechkin. I know that probably won't happen, but it should. He was completely invisible here just like against us in the Finals the last two years.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I don't know about "more" blame.

They were both their team's best players and both under performed.

Ovechkin really hurt his team with his superman rushes where he tried to go around 5 people and shoot from the blue line.

But Crosby/Malkin sure didn't perform up to par either.

I really do think more credit should be given to Halak then Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin should be blamed. Because they all had great on the door chances that Halak just simply stopped.

I don't know about "more" blame.

They were both their team's best players and both under performed.

Ovechkin really hurt his team with his superman rushes where he tried to go around 5 people and shoot from the blue line.

But Crosby/Malkin sure didn't perform up to par either.

I really do think more credit should be given to Halak then Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin should be blamed. Because they all had great on the door chances that Halak just simply stopped.

How did Ovechkin underperform? He scored 10 points.

He was trying to do too much because his wannabee supersatar teammates (Green, Semen) didn't get the job done.

He was unfairly blamed for a loss where he played rather well. Crosby, on the other hand did nothing in this series other than dive. Look at how well Gionta and Cammaleri played.

I get what you are saying but I think the reason Ovie took so much blame was because he wasn't passing the puck and he became so predictable. I think more of the criticisms were against his overall game and his inability to adapt to what the Habs were doing defensively.

Edit: for the record, I do agree with you. However, we won't hear about how Crosby was invisible, as was Malkin. However, a lot of credit needs to go to the Habs defense, which we are all seeing is vastly underrated.

Edited by henrik40

How did Ovechkin underperform? He scored 10 points.

He was trying to do too much because his wannabee supersatar teammates (Green, Semen) didn't get the job done.

He was unfairly blamed for a loss where he played rather well. Crosby, on the other hand did nothing in this series other than dive. Look at how well Gionta and Cammaleri played.

Gionta and Cammellerri didn't have to go against the best goalie in the playoffs.

I get what you are saying but I think the reason Ovie took so much blame was because he wasn't passing the puck and he became so predictable. I think more of the criticisms were against his overall game and his inability to adapt to what the Habs were doing defensively.

Exactly, and personally I don't think it's a fair criticism. The main person I blame on Washington is their coach that completely refused to match lines or change strategy.

Edited by Carman

Crosby didn't exactly adapt either, as his numbers show. Ovechkin adapted well enough to put up good numbers in the series.

I think the fact that Ovechkin is a foreign born superstar had something to do with it also. The hockey media seems afraid to say anything bad about Crosby. I hope that changes eventually.

won't happen because Crosby has one cup, and scored the game winner at the Olympics. the media won't be on him. if he had choked on those 2 occasions then the choke label will be there.

won't happen because Crosby has one cup, and scored the game winner at the Olympics. the media won't be on him. if he had choked on those 2 occasions then the choke label will be there.

Yeah, that's also another reason.

I just don't like how Ovechkin was thrown under the bus, and everyone seemed to say convincingly that Crosby was better than him.

Crosby didn't exactly adapt either, as his numbers show. Ovechkin adapted well enough to put up good numbers in the series.

I think the fact that Ovechkin is a foreign born superstar had something to do with it also. The hockey media seems afraid to say anything bad about Crosby. I hope that changes eventually.

Don't worry, I agree with you. I was just pointing out that the media was harping on Ovie because of those reasons. And like Carman said, most of Washington's choke job lies in the hands of Boudreau. And I likewise wish the media would grow some balls and say something negative about Crosby. They'll find a way to sugarcoat it.

Yeah, that's also another reason.

I just don't like how Ovechkin was thrown under the bus, and everyone seemed to say convincingly that Crosby was better than him.

It definitely wasn't fair that Ovechkin got thrown under the bus, it wasn't his fault that his coach was well out coached.

But one series isn't going to be the defining factor in determining who is better Crosby or Ovechkin.

It's going to be one or the other depending on who had a better game that day. It's just personal preference.

But one series isn't going to be the defining factor in determining who is better Crosby or Ovechkin.

You are quite right, one series is not the defining factor; I AM and I say Ovechkin rules. Okay now that thats over and done with....

Play on!

Crosby was completely shut down in the last two SCFs, sucked in the two games against the US in the Olympics (but got the OT goal on a lucky shot), and now has been shut down again in a 2nd round loss after being up 3-1 to the 8th seed in the weak ass Eastern Conference.

esteef

Nu-uh! He's the best player in the league!

HE'S THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!

tmi.gif

Nu-uh! He's the best player in the league!

HE'S THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!

tmi.gif

I bet Carman has a cassette tape of daily affirmations he listens to every morning, and the first one is "Sidney Crosby is the best player in the NHL and he loves you."

CROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBYCROSBY

I didn't hear too much blame on Ovechkin, to tell you the truth. That said, Crosby definitely underperformed and some of the blame should rest on his shoulders. After all, he is the captain.

Crosby was awesome in game 7. He took a bad penalty right off the bat which put his team down a goal, played 29 minutes and was ONLY a -2 with no points!

CLUTCH I tell you! CLUTCH like no one has ever been!

olympics-us-canada-gold-medal-hockey-sidney-crosby-game-winner-455172c01c865b8b_large.jpg

Can't be the best every year.

At least he doesn't cry to the media like Oviebaby.

I didn't hear too much blame on Ovechkin, to tell you the truth. That said, Crosby definitely underperformed and some of the blame should rest on his shoulders. After all, he is the captain.

Bingo. First guy to get the Cup handed to him and the first person who has to shoulder the blame when his team is ousted. It's part of his job description.

But hey, he's still really young. He'll have another 10-15 seasons to try again.

lol

Can't be the best every year.

At least he doesn't cry to the media like Oviebaby.

lolololol Carman has the memory of a goldfish. Apparently he's forgotten how poorly Crosby played for every other second of the Olympics. :lol:

Crosby was awesome in game 7. He took a bad penalty right off the bat which put his team down a goal, played 29 minutes and was ONLY a -2 with no points!

CLUTCH I tell you! CLUTCH like no one has ever been!

So he played exactly like he did in Game 7 against us except Malkin wasn't there to save his ass.