Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

OOOF

#3 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

If he wasn't so greedy he could have been a wing by now, what was he thinking? He had a very severe concussion and head ache and he expects any team's to offer him 1.5M? Get Real Lilja.

Edited by mindfly, 18 August 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

"Sweden, Switzerland or Russia. But I haven't even begun to start [thinking that way]."

KHL here he comes....

Get Real Lilja.

Maybe he should get Realja? Posted Image

Yeah, that was bad.

Edited by HankthaTank, 18 August 2010 - 05:56 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Lils, buddy... take what you can get and play in the big leagues. Can't get a Cup in the KHL.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#6 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Always liked that swedish/albanian motherf*****,but I'm still pissed about his 1.5M demand.
I mean if the team legends like Lids and Homer could take a discount to play for the Wings,he could do the same.
Good luck in the KHL Lils

Edited by pucktividi, 18 August 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

It's his destiny to play here.

None of those soft leagues in Europe could handle the "PAIN TRAIN". Can you imagine some europuss trying to square off against him?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

I feel kinda bad for Lils but at the same time it doesn't surprise me. Should of resigned here.

#9 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

So there's no way we can nab him at 850 000? What's are current cap space haven't looked into it since the Modano signing?

It's really a shame that Lils had to play the greedy card on us considering we're the team that actually brought him back to the NHL to give him a shot at a cup.

All tho if there we're any way we can have him on the team I wouldn't mind. Great PK'er IMO and good for block shots.

#10 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Kindl/Salei/Lilja?

This might be too many. I'd like to have Lilja back, buck Salei has already replaced his role for the most part, or is intended to. Before we signed Salei I'd be all for Lilja, but unless he wants to be a call-up, he'd have to get in line. Kindl, who is probably a bust, still needs to be given a chance. I doubt Lilja is willing to got o the AHL when he could go to the KHL.

Sorry, Lilja, you really proved your worth and overcame your past as an unreliable defenseman to be an integral part of this team. But you sat on the pot a bit too long and you've been replaced. No room at the inn, so to speak.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#11 Feldmarschall

Feldmarschall

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

So there's no way we can nab him at 850 000?

Salei took Lilja's spot when the team couldn't get Lilja to come down on his monetary demands. His window of opportunity with Detroit has closed, at least for this year.

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

Lils, buddy... take what you can get and play in the big leagues. Can't get a Cup in the KHL.

But you can get more money at far lower taxes.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#13 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

And lebda got 3 Million HOW?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#14 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

His contract is two years. Three Million is the total amount his contract is worth not his yearly rate/cap hit.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#15 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

It's too bad. Maybe he should fire his agent or something.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/833491--leafs-sign-free-agent-defenceman-brett-lebda

“The first thing that has always stood out is his skating,” said Leafs assistant GM Dave Poulin, who was also Lebda’s coach at Notre Dame. “He’s a very mobile puck-moving defenceman who will complement the group that we have very well.”

#16 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

If he wasn't so greedy he could have been a wing by now, what was he thinking? He had a very severe concussion and head ache and he expects any team's to offer him 1.5M? Get Real Lilja.

He wants to be a top-4 d-man and more responsibilities. Whether fans think that is legitimate or not or that he deserves that, it is what he wants, and with more responsibilities often yield more money naturally. He's probably not going to get the with the Red Wings and would remain the 5th or 6th d-man here.

It's not greedy or bad or out of line business wise, it's what he's currently striving for.

I'd love for Lilja to have a change of heart and perhaps take less and compete for a 5th/6th spot with Salei or Ericsson or whomever.

In the end, I don't blame him though for wanting an increased role and wish him the best, whether it be with the Red Wings or overseas.

#17 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I like the pain train and all but he not a top 4 d-man. I wish him the best, he had a good thing here in Detroit, but in the end he f@%#&d it up. Know your roll.

#18 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

I am disappoint. :( I loved him on our team especially the PK. I'm disappointed that he asked for that much. Hun, you were out a year with a concussion. Wait til your consistently healthy, then ask for a little more...I'm gonna need a new sig... :(

Can you imagine some europuss trying to square off against him?

He would literally kill them! :scared:

Edited by wingnut40, 18 August 2010 - 08:12 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

I just can't imagine Lilja being a top4 Dman in the nhl, he's not good enough. You need more offensive abilities playing top4 minutes.

#20 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

I just can't imagine Lilja being a top4 Dman in the nhl, he's not good enough. You need more offensive abilities playing top4 minutes.

I think he was holding out more for the role than the money. If another team would be willing to give him a chance he might have been able to prove that he does have that ability. Sad he won't be here this season since I just got his jersey in February, but I'll still wear it to games.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011