• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Lilja: Red Wings only team to offer contract

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

If he wasn't so greedy he could have been a wing by now, what was he thinking? He had a very severe concussion and head ache and he expects any team's to offer him 1.5M? Get Real Lilja.

Edited by mindfly

Always liked that swedish/albanian motherf*****,but I'm still pissed about his 1.5M demand.

I mean if the team legends like Lids and Homer could take a discount to play for the Wings,he could do the same.

Good luck in the KHL Lils

Edited by pucktividi

So there's no way we can nab him at 850 000? What's are current cap space haven't looked into it since the Modano signing?

It's really a shame that Lils had to play the greedy card on us considering we're the team that actually brought him back to the NHL to give him a shot at a cup.

All tho if there we're any way we can have him on the team I wouldn't mind. Great PK'er IMO and good for block shots.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl/Salei/Lilja?

This might be too many. I'd like to have Lilja back, buck Salei has already replaced his role for the most part, or is intended to. Before we signed Salei I'd be all for Lilja, but unless he wants to be a call-up, he'd have to get in line. Kindl, who is probably a bust, still needs to be given a chance. I doubt Lilja is willing to got o the AHL when he could go to the KHL.

Sorry, Lilja, you really proved your worth and overcame your past as an unreliable defenseman to be an integral part of this team. But you sat on the pot a bit too long and you've been replaced. No room at the inn, so to speak.

So there's no way we can nab him at 850 000?

Salei took Lilja's spot when the team couldn't get Lilja to come down on his monetary demands. His window of opportunity with Detroit has closed, at least for this year.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Lils, buddy... take what you can get and play in the big leagues. Can't get a Cup in the KHL.

But you can get more money at far lower taxes.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

And lebda got 3 Million HOW?

His contract is two years. Three Million is the total amount his contract is worth not his yearly rate/cap hit.

It's too bad. Maybe he should fire his agent or something.

And lebda got 3 Million HOW?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/833491--leafs-sign-free-agent-defenceman-brett-lebda

“The first thing that has always stood out is his skating,” said Leafs assistant GM Dave Poulin, who was also Lebda’s coach at Notre Dame. “He’s a very mobile puck-moving defenceman who will complement the group that we have very well.”

If he wasn't so greedy he could have been a wing by now, what was he thinking? He had a very severe concussion and head ache and he expects any team's to offer him 1.5M? Get Real Lilja.

He wants to be a top-4 d-man and more responsibilities. Whether fans think that is legitimate or not or that he deserves that, it is what he wants, and with more responsibilities often yield more money naturally. He's probably not going to get the with the Red Wings and would remain the 5th or 6th d-man here.

It's not greedy or bad or out of line business wise, it's what he's currently striving for.

I'd love for Lilja to have a change of heart and perhaps take less and compete for a 5th/6th spot with Salei or Ericsson or whomever.

In the end, I don't blame him though for wanting an increased role and wish him the best, whether it be with the Red Wings or overseas.

I am disappoint. :( I loved him on our team especially the PK. I'm disappointed that he asked for that much. Hun, you were out a year with a concussion. Wait til your consistently healthy, then ask for a little more...I'm gonna need a new sig... :(

Can you imagine some europuss trying to square off against him?

He would literally kill them! :scared:

Edited by wingnut40

Guest mindfly

I just can't imagine Lilja being a top4 Dman in the nhl, he's not good enough. You need more offensive abilities playing top4 minutes.

I just can't imagine Lilja being a top4 Dman in the nhl, he's not good enough. You need more offensive abilities playing top4 minutes.

I think he was holding out more for the role than the money. If another team would be willing to give him a chance he might have been able to prove that he does have that ability. Sad he won't be here this season since I just got his jersey in February, but I'll still wear it to games.

Is there any way to send ericsson down to grand rapids for the year and sign lilja and play him with salei? Or does he not have a two way contract anymore? Cause he was god awful for the majority of last year, and a pairing of lilja and salei wouldnt look bad at all in my book. Bot hcan block shots and like to hit a bit.

Guest Hatethedrake!

This reminds me of Steve Duchesne. After the Wings won the Cup in 2002, Holland offered him a contract and he turned it down. He never got another job in the NHL and his career was over. I wouldn't be surprised if Lilja suffers the same fate.

you mean an average defenseman, who was HORRIBLE on our team didnt get another offer......weird.

LIlja--you were out for forever with a concusion. do u expect a raise just because you came back?

--and I will forever be confused as to why there is so much love for "the pain train" he is absurdly overrated and that nickname is laughable...good luck in the KHL, if it's still standing come start of the season.

Hey now, Lilja is a solid defensive defensemen. He can kill penalties, block shots, and hit. He has much more value then Brett Lebda (in my eyes). I think he will be able to find work in the NHL. Idk who with though... lets not be so quick to throw him under the bus.