• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Hudler + Helm

Rate this topic

Its funny how when Hudler is playing like s*** and wasting a roster space there are a lot of people on here who defend him even though he is a horrible plus minus and getting manhandled out there every shift, but the wings cant have a decent enforcer type that can play a regular shift because they cant play hockey :rolleyes:

Its funny how when Hudler is playing like s*** and wasting a roster space there are a lot of people on here who defend him even though he is a horrible plus minus and getting manhandled out there every shift, but the wings cant have a decent enforcer type that can play a regular shift because they cant play hockey :rolleyes:

Hudler was good before he lost all his talent in Russia.

I'd love like Prust here, but I definitely don't want a Boogard/laraque/Macintyre type

This is the same problem Hudler has always had in Detroit.

Not good enough to play in the top 6, and too lazy to play with checkers and grinders.

I honestly have no clue what to do with Modano, but I didn't want him here in the first place for that very reason. He just doesn't fit into this team at this point in his career. He's not some Dallas Drake that can be 40 and play effectively as a grinder. And like Hudler, he's not skilled enough to be in our top 6.

Don't know why Kenny Holland and some people here thought he would work out.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Hudler has vision, finishing and passing skills and the ability to find open ice, lacking speed and grit.

Hudler is a proven offensive player...

Hudler can actually make something of the chances Helm creates (unlike Helm's current linemates), and can actually utilize his speed with a perfect pass for a no-brainer goal (which really for Helm is the only goal he is capable of).

So how does it happen? I would prefer a 3rd line of Helm/Hudler/Cleary in all honesty. Babcock should have the balls to put Modano on the 4th line, IMO, but I'm curious as to other thoughts.

No offense, but.... :hysterical:

Hudler is showing none of this, hence the reason he was benched. (are you watching a different Hudler than the rest of us?)

Modano signed here to be on the third line(or higher.) He will not be on the fourth...

No offense, but.... :hysterical:

Hudler is showing none of this, hence the reason he was benched. (are you watching a different Hudler than the rest of us?)

Modano signed here to be on the third line(or higher.) He will not be on the fourth...

Maybe I am the crazy one here, but IMO 8 games does not necessarily indicate someone has lost all their talent. Hudler has produced well at every level, including the playoffs, and with limited minutes. He is at an age now where he should just be entering his prime so I do not think it is too crazy to think he is not 'worthless' after struggling in all of 7 games.

And I am going to lose a lot of respect for Babcock and Holland if they are letting a player dictate how much ice time he gets... no matter who the player or what he has done in the past.

Edited by egroen

Modano will start putting up points if he has Abby and Cleary as his wingers.

:siren: OMG. A Prophet. You are the Chosen One. :siren:

Hey, Is Matt Butcher a healthy scratch for the Cyclones or is he injured again? http://www.cycloneshockey.com/news/latest-stories/ and http://cycloneslive.blogspot.com/ are not so informative and I don't see Matt's dad Garth as often as I used to, to ask him what's going on.

Poor Happy. I didn't expect the dogpile so early in the season. :)

It's funny cause a week ago, everyone was blaming the third line's struggles on Mo, but Huds sits, and suddenly, the third line wins us 2 games in a row. Huds is the weak link.

I watched Hudler closely while he was developing here. He was always too small, too slow, too whatever. Babcock hated him. But he improved greatly over a 2 or 3 year span and I kind of liked him as the underdog. The guy worked hard back then, but sadly probably forgot that ethic after his KHL contract. I always pulled for the guy, but I have to say that a trade for another Abbie type forward now, while we still can, would be the best move.

“I didn’t think our fourth line was as good tonight, but I mean, Huds doesn’t play like those guys. We’ll figure it out here over time.”

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101105/SPORTS05/101105037/1053/sports05/Howard-leads-Red-Wings-to-third-straight-win&template=fullarticle

Hmmm... "Doesn't play like those guys."

Y'know, thinking back on the pre-season "2010-11 Scapegoat" thread, I really don't remember anyone picking Hudler. Whodathunkit?

For $2.875 mill I guess I was just hoping it wouldn't be him. And honestly I wouldn't have guessed that a year in the KHL would have stunted his game as much as it seemed to. I was hoping he would be the sniper the Wings have been needing.

The season is young, but man he needs to get it together. 8 games, 0 goals, 3 assists, and a -6.