• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shady Ultima

Hudler is Lazy and he sucks

Rate this topic

So, now that Modano, Abs and Cleary are playing together on the third line and kicking ass, while Hudler sits, lots of threads are popping up about dumping Hudler.

Well, last year, there was a 'Bertuzzi is lazy and he sucks' thread, and he showed that he can play, and has earned his role on this team.

I was a fan of Hudler in the past, and was sure he would be good coming back, but so far (yes, I know 11 games in) he has yet to show that he is even NHL-Caliber anymore.

I know Eva will be on this thread like a fly on s*** within three minutes probably, but Hudler needs to either get better NOW... or we need to find a player who we can get for him.

Much like Leino, while he had potential, neither player seemed to fit into Detroit's system, and perhaps Hudler should be traded to a team where he will get top 6 minutes and will be an important piece.

Hudler dosen't fit on this team right now. He is too small to go into the corners and dig the puck out, he gets pushed around in front of the net, and who do you make sit for him? He is a good player without question, but do you want that big of cap hit watching the games? I say see what is available for him and decide from there.

So, now that Modano, Abs and Cleary are playing together on the third line and kicking ass, while Hudler sits, lots of threads are popping up about dumping Hudler.

Well, last year, there was a 'Bertuzzi is lazy and he sucks' thread, and he showed that he can play, and has earned his role on this team.

I was a fan of Hudler in the past, and was sure he would be good coming back, but so far (yes, I know 11 games in) he has yet to show that he is even NHL-Caliber anymore.

I know Eva will be on this thread like a fly on s*** within three minutes probably, but Hudler needs to either get better NOW... or we need to find a player who we can get for him.

Much like Leino, while he had potential, neither player seemed to fit into Detroit's system, and perhaps Hudler should be traded to a team where he will get top 6 minutes and will be an important piece.

What a load of crap. Leino did nothing while he was here, to compare the two is stupid. Hudler had 23 goals 2 years ago and you make the stupid statement that he doesn't seem to fit into our system.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

Edited by chrisdetroit

I like Hudler and I would like to see him get going but the problem is I like the rest of the team as is, even the third line seems to be thriving and Hudler just isn't a 4th line grinder/checker. It's a good problem to have but we have too many players for the lineup. That being said it really makes no sense to trade Hudler except for draft picks because you'll get back another press box pony. I would wait this whole thing out, there are bound to be injuries and the depth will be nice to have at that point, until then rotate players as Babs is doing and maybe bump Abby to the 4th line where he will feel more comfortable to see if Hudler can click with the third if Miller, Eaves, or Helm are out.

Right now, I'm of the belief that Hudler sucks, because he's lazy. He just needs to start working a little harder, move his feet, work the puck along the boards, and play with a little bit of confidence.

That year of paid vacation really didn't help the little dude at all.

I was optimistic about him returning to us after a season in the KHL. Obviously play over there has backfired on his NHL play. He just isn't fitting in out there right now. Maybe it's too early? I don't know. Expectations were too high for him this season. I smell trade maybe coming cause I think we could getting someone a lot better tbh. Maybe someone and a pick. : )

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

He just does not have the strength to fight for pucks along the boards plain and simple.

Unless he gets more time on the PP I don't think his point production will get better being on the 3rd or 4th line. If Babs really wants to get him going put him on the point of the PP as he has a good hard shot.

For hudler to be good he has to play on a line were he gets the puck constantly, because of his size and not poor skating he can rarely get the puck himself.

He just doesn't fit the Wings system. And playing him on the fourth is detrimental to him and the team, because he doesn't provide any energy or grit.

Saying all that I still like him as a player, but I don't see him succeeding her, we now have young players that have leapforgged him and he won't get the neccesary playing time to be consistent.

What a load of crap. Leino did nothing while he was here, to compare the two is stupid. Hudler had 23 goals 2 years ago and you make the stupid statement that he doesn't seem to fit into our system.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

Leino never played on a stacked line up like Hudler had when he put up all those points. Hudler looks exactly like Leino, I just hope we trade him before his trade value is compltely gone and we get a 5th round pick for a top 6 player on some other team

The only reason it worked for Bertuzzi is because he actually was at one point good and showed effort.

Hudler was never good, and doesn't show any effort. He needs to be waived and go re-learn the game in the AHL, that's the only way he's going to be able to maintain an NHL career.

Leino never played on a stacked line up like Hudler had when he put up all those points. Hudler looks exactly like Leino, I just hope we trade him before his trade value is compltely gone and we get a 5th round pick for a top 6 player on some other team

Umm.. For much of last season, Leino recieved top 6 minutes, playing with the likes of Datsyuk, Z, Fil, and Bert.

I'm still baffled everyone is calling for a trade. Do any of you understand how a trade works? What exactly would we get in return for him? Another Toleffson? No thanks.

Its 11 games in and we have one of the best records in the NHL. Some of you just NEED something to whine about. Hudler will be fine.

Hey, let me point out that I'm just hoping that the thread reversal rule of this board works for Huds. If he scores even one goal tonight, I'd be happy. I'm pretty impressed that out of our whole team, only one player isn't showing up much.

Umm.. For much of last season, Leino recieved top 6 minutes, playing with the likes of Datsyuk, Z, Fil, and Bert.

I'm still baffled everyone is calling for a trade. Do any of you understand how a trade works? What exactly would we get in return for him? Another Toleffson? No thanks.

Its 11 games in and we have one of the best records in the NHL. Some of you just NEED something to whine about. Hudler will be fine.

Yeah but thats something Hudler contributed nothing towards. Why not take a guy who is being useless and trade for a prospect or some picks and help insure that our future is just as bright as the present is. Not to mention we would get cap space for injury call ups or a potential dead line move if we need a vital piece to be added.

There is no point in wasting a skilled guy like Hudler as the 13th forward when he has some trade value