46 replies to this topic

#1 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...lburyjan13.html

Apparently, it was wrong of the Red Wings to think that the hit on Stuart was suspension-worthy. :rolleyes:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#2 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Oh Mike, what should we do with you?
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Someone's feeling lonelyyyy....

#4 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Technically, I would have had it as a charge - maybe. Mostly I had it as a wicked hit on the forecheck to a player who was vulnerable. No elbow. But six games?

Wrong and unfair to Kostopoulos, who unwisely refused to attend the hearing to investigate the hit - which was not good politics - but I admire his decision to make a stand.

Gee i bet that had nothing to do with him maybe getting a excessive punishment?......

Don't call this an uninformed opinion. I researched a ton of recent collisions and many were far more malicious

I guess a broken jaw from a lateral hit to the head.(Which is against rule 48) isn't malicious?

By the way, I read yesterday that there have been 11 snowboarding deaths so far this year in the United States. Where are my media colleagues on this one? I don't even want to know how many have died skiing.

And what does this have to do with the topic?

Just when i thought Milbury couldn't be a bigger joke than he already is....

Edited by Original-Six, 13 January 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#5 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Another reason why I change the channel at the intermissions of CBC, TSN, and NBC Hockey broadcasts. I don't have time for this kind of analysis.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#6 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Milbury is usually right about everything he says, that being said i think he hates the wings and is just using this play to push his anti-ruining the game agenda

Another reason why I change the channel at the intermissions of CBC, TSN, and NBC Hockey broadcasts. I don't have time for this kind of analysis.

Because of Francis and LeBrun, Milbury is always schooling them, if you think this article was bad, find an article form Dreger, Cox, or Francis on this incident, it will probably be the steamiest pile of doodoo you will ever read
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#7 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

I find the comment stating that Gary Bettman and his Slime Machine WANTS Detroit to win the Cup to die for! :hysterical: Gary I apologize for everything I have ever said! Bettman For President!

edit: I was actiually puking while reading this article and was waiting to read the next excuse "The reason he got suspended was because Colin Campbell used to be in the Wings organization and he feels a sense of loyalty to the team that propelled his career."

Edited by LeftWinger, 13 January 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Do they actually pay him for this sort of nonsensical spewage? <_<

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Pfffttt give it a rest, Mike. I honestly need the time back I took to read that garbage. Lots of smell references in this. Funny because this writing wreaks.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#10 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

What the hell? Stuart was bent over when he was hit? The Douchebag practically jumped into his face when he clearly didn't have the puck.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#11 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson from this. Never, ever listen to anything Mike Milbury has to say.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#12 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

Engblom is the only guy who is not semi retarded on vs right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

And the Wings are a bunch of "goody two-shoes"? That's the best he can come up with?! He is out of control in every sense of the word. Never shuts up. Interrupts everyone, and he's always right.

Which of course means when he plowed into the stands as a player and took on those nasty fans, that was nuthin' but an informational seminar.

I am SO done with him, but I DID take the time to email NESN.

EDIT: YOU guys are talking about an article he wrote. I'm talking about his spew on NESN sometime during or after the Bruins/Rangers game. Will he EVER shut up?

Edited by Vladifan, 13 January 2011 - 11:19 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#14 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

idiot
be about it!

#15 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Some issues in the past I agreed with Milbury's position/opinion, but that's not the case here...Kostopoulus has a history of injuring guys when they're vulnerable, and even though I like the rough aspect of hockey - the hit he placed on Stuart was uncalled for.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#16 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Some issues in the past I agreed with Milbury's position/opinion, but that's not the case here...Kostopoulus has a history of injuring guys when they're vulnerable, and even though I like the rough aspect of hockey - the hit he placed on Stuart was uncalled for.

My thoughts exactly. Btw, check your PMs :P
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#17 evil204

evil204

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

I want Pierre McGuire's opinion on this.

#18 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

I want Pierre McGuire's opinion on this.

I don't.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#19 evil204

evil204

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

I don't.

Really?

#20 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Milbury is a joke guys. He's widely considered the most hilariously terrible GM of recent history and as a player he beat a man with his shoe. How many times have we laughed at the Yashin for Chara+someguy+1st(Spezza)? Check out the list of retarded moves Milbury made in Long Island during his career as a franchies-raper:

Recovering From Mike Mulbury: Is Five Years Long Enough?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft