• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zombi

A Bunch of Team Jersey Changes (May Be) Coming Soon

Rate this topic

Whenever I read things like these I'm really happy that the Wings aren't like these other teams.

I honestly like the simplicity of Dallas' current jerseys and I've long thought the giant star pattern on their sweaters was ugly as sin.

Whenever I read things like these I'm really happy that the Wings aren't like these other teams.

I honestly like the simplicity of Dallas' current jerseys and I've long thought the giant star pattern on their sweaters was ugly as sin.

at least there are no ovaries

The Penguins logo in that picture makes it look like the penguin was strangled.

:hehe:

Just for the record, I'm old school, and think every team should revert back to the jerseys they wore in the early 90's. And get rid of the ugly stripes that seemingly every team has unnecessarily included in recent seasons.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I hope they don't take the purple completely off the Kings' sweaters. I actually really like their current home jerseys - if they could just put the 3rd jersey logo on the black-and-purple home jersey, I think that would be perfect, myself. I like the throwback jerseys for a new 3rd; they're a little loud, but they work for an every once in a while kind of thing.

Anything the Panthers and Thrashers do will be better than what they have now, although I hope the Panthers don't go back to the red, like the article suggests. They're better than the blue ones, yes, but they're still not great. They look like a barfed up pizza or something.

I like Tampa's current jerseys, but as long as they don't change the colors, I might be down with a new design. I don't know, though; if it ain't broke... Also in that category is the Leafs' 3rd jersey; I love the '60s throwback one. The '70s one is okay, but the one they're using now is great. At least hang onto it a couple more seasons!

And LOL @ the Pens. At least girls would buy those powder blue ones; I'm not sure who's going to buy these, except for color blind people, and frankly, that's probably an insult to them.

Thank god the Red Wings don't have to deal with this crap year in and year out. I really don't understand why the Leafs do this either but I guess it's for the front office to have something to do since the team sucks. However, most of these ideas seem to be improvements so let's see what happens.

Guest CaliWingsNut

They should really have polls on the team's websites to ask the fans first.

That would make too much sense.

Mo' jerseys = Mo' money.

Don't forget all the other figurines and trading cards, etc with the old jersey are now worth more because they are vintage!

i like this one:

0116-nsh-limited-jw.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1295234197501

Nothing like completely changing your color scheme to establish a tradition, eh?

I get tired of all the jersey changes. They all get more cluttered and more generic. A few of those actually aren't bad but it won't matter because they'll change them the season after next anyway.

I always liked the throwback jerseys. I especially liked Florida's originals and Atlanta's originals. Sometimes I just don't understand why they change the jerseys if they were fine to begin with. Money, I guess.

EDIT: The Wings don't use theirs because they only use third jerseys to celebrate special occasions. I love the Winter Classic jersey but I like not using it very often. If they did use it I'd hope it would only be against Chicago or at least an original six team, they have the best jerseys and they would look great on the ice.

Edited by VM1138

the wings should change their logo every couple years, maybe even the color scheme :thumbdown: how are teams gunna spread their fanbase to people that dont follow hockey if the team has a different color and logo every couple years. If you ask me this changing the logo and color s*** is minor league gongshow.

The Penguins logo in that picture makes it look like the penguin was strangled.

:hehe:

Just for the record, I'm old school, and think every team should revert back to the jerseys they wore in the early 90's. And get rid of the ugly stripes that seemingly every team has unnecessarily included in recent seasons.

Totally agree with that 90's jersey's were the best!

MogerInKings.jpg

Some of the new team names have grown on me a little.

Like Minnesota Wild. It's not bad.

But some still have that "wanna be cool" kind of effect. I've never been a fan of "Predators" or "Thrashers," etc. let alone their logo.

I hate the Pittsburgh one, but then I hate the team so, ok. I don't like Buffalo's either. I love the blue and gold, but really liked the 90's black and red snortin' buffalo the best.

Long as they leave the Wings alone, I am good with all of these.

Thank god the Red Wings don't have to deal with this crap year in and year out. I really don't understand why the Leafs do this either but I guess it's for the front office to have something to do since the team sucks. However, most of these ideas seem to be improvements so let's see what happens.

At least the Leaf's logo is a throwback, and not something completely off the wall. I personally wouldn't mind at all if the Wings used their Winter Classic jerseys as an official third jersey. Throwbacks good, uninspired wacky logos bad.

Throwbacks are always a good idea :rolleyes:

canadiens-retro-jerseys-2.jpg

Haha, I didn't see your post before I replied. I change my response... throwbacks are good most of the time!!

Guest Stolberg

Nothing like completely changing your color scheme to establish a tradition, eh?

the new predators jerseys are infinitely better than the blue-yellow-silver barf bag jerseys

hope the kings either go with the black/gray chevy jerseys or the forum blue/gold lakers style

the new predators jerseys are infinitely better than the blue-yellow-silver barf bag jerseys

hope the kings either go with the black/gray chevy jerseys or the forum blue/gold lakers style

I didn't think their jerseys were bad. At least it was distinctive. Now they just look like half the other teams in the league.

The Leafs should change the color of their jersey to bright red to match the color of Burkies face every night !